ADVERTISEMENT

QUESTION regarding "Suicide Squad" and the "Dawn of the Justic League" (Batman v Superman)..........

Michael.Felli

Mar 19, 2013
I'm not privy to any books or comic books. So, I don't know the backstory to all of this. But, I am excited about both movies and have heard that "future" movies will tie these story lines together.

Can anyone here elaborate alittle on this? Is Batman "recruiting" members of the Suicide Squad to help fight Superman?

What's going on here and where are the movies going to take this?

Felli, how about apologizing for your arrogance/assholeness and stupidity in the car crash thread?

LdN

Batman is not recruiting Suicide Squad. Assume they are completely different movies in a shared universe. Ant-Man vs Avengers type. May have some character crossover but that's all in the relation of the two movies.

Felli, how about apologizing for your arrogance/assholeness and stupidity in the car crash thread?

LdN

Hey! You're a Penn Stater. You have any comments on this video? How does it make you feel that the (ahem) Holy Catholic Church gets a pass while Penn State gets reamed? Any comments?

I'm not privy to any books or comic books. So, I don't know the backstory to all of this. But, I am excited about both movies and have heard that "future" movies will tie these story lines together.

Can anyone here elaborate alittle on this? Is Batman "recruiting" members of the Suicide Squad to help fight Superman?

well the abridged version (and some of this was addressed in The Arrow TV show, since they already had an ARGUS/Suicide Squad series of episodes) . . .

in a word, NO, Batman doesn't recruit anyone's help except Green Arrow (if they are following the Frank Miller "Dark Knight Returns" plotline) because Batman is older and pissed off and has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. In the original DKR comic, Superman is sent to reason with Batman to stop his vigilante ways, and Batman kicks his ass (with the aid of a Kryptonite laced arrow). the film diverts a bit to make Batman upset that Superman's fight with General Zod caused millions to die, including employees of Wayne Enterprises.

Batman WILL BE in the Suicide Squad film, but as a hunter of these criminals. ARGUS is a shadowy government agency that enlists captured super villains to do some of their "dirty" jobs. Usually, they have explosive chips embedded behind their eyes so if they try some funny stuff, ARGUS can immediately kill them. The Suicide Squad are not what one would call "willing" participants in these missions either.

He is a hypocrite to boot. About a year ago, he came to the board seeking consolation because one of his friends passed away leaving a young child. Given his history, I basically mocked him. Needless to say, that didn't go over too well over here as I'm sure most of those objecting to my harsh words didn't really know how big of an @#$ he really is.

From what I hear/read, Batman's appearance in the Suicide Squad movie will be tied to the Joker, but I'm not sure if it'll be in 'real time', or via flashback. Having said that, I think the Joker will also play a role in the Batman v Superman movie; in the extended trailer, you can see The Joker's spray paint all over Robin's costume, and again on a picture Bruce is holding (says something like, 'You let your family die!'). Robin was killed by The Joker in the 'Death in the Family' storyline in the comics. The other, more controversial rumor I've heard is that in this franchise, The Joker *was* once Batman's sidekick Robin, but was somehow turned/transformed.....(this would make comic book fans' heads explode).

>>The other, more controversial rumor I've heard is that in this franchise, The Joker *was* once Batman's sidekick Robin, but was somehow turned/transformed.....(this would make comic book fans' heads explode).<<

LOL, man you got that right. The fan boys at Ain't it Cool would burn it down.

Reactions: jjsocrates
>>The other, more controversial rumor I've heard is that in this franchise, The Joker *was* once Batman's sidekick Robin, but was somehow turned/transformed.....(this would make comic book fans' heads explode).<<

LOL, man you got that right. The fan boys at Ain't it Cool would burn it down.

When I was younger, I was definitely a Marvel zombie, and didn't read a lot of Batman/Superman DC Comics stuff. As I got older, my preferences switched. But, I remember the comic *before* Jason Todd was killed by the Joker; there was a phone number in the back where you could call in and vote for him to live or die. We all know how that went :). Still, is there a reason Jared Leto got *this* cut to just play Joker??

jared-leto-sexy-joker-huge-muscles-ripped-instagram__oPt.jpg

Reactions: simons96
From what I hear/read, Batman's appearance in the Suicide Squad movie will be tied to the Joker, but I'm not sure if it'll be in 'real time', or via flashback. Having said that, I think the Joker will also play a role in the Batman v Superman movie; in the extended trailer, you can see The Joker's spray paint all over Robin's costume, and again on a picture Bruce is holding (says something like, 'You let your family die!'). Robin was killed by The Joker in the 'Death in the Family' storyline in the comics. The other, more controversial rumor I've heard is that in this franchise, The Joker *was* once Batman's sidekick Robin, but was somehow turned/transformed.....(this would make comic book fans' heads explode).

I believe (and this is what I'm gathering from scenes in the trailer) that there is going to be a flashback showing how Harleen Quinzel transformed into Harley Quinn. It looks like:
a) the Joker escapes from Arkham
b) tortures our favorite sexy blonde psychiatrist.
c) warps her poor little mind and becomes his sidekick
d) gets captured by Batman along with the Joker and locked up back in Arkham.
e) gets recruited by Amanda Waller to join Suicide Squad to go after The Joker who has likely escaped again and is planning something nasty.

I've heard rumors of Lex Luthor possibly appearing as well.

Remember that Batman v Superman comes out first, then Suicide Squad - so it'll be interesting to see how the one plays off each other, and if key plot points intersect.

I'm guessing Batman v Superman takes place AFTER Harleen becomes Harley but BEFORE the events in Suicide Squad. Just a guess.

One other guess is that Bruce has gone into semi-retirement after The Joker killed Robin, but the appearance of Superman has roused him from his slumber.

One other thing...I never really understood what the Margot Robbie hype was. I mean, she's gorgeous but so are lots of Hollywood actresses. Then I saw the trailers and I got on board. Fast.

One other thing...I never really understood what the Margot Robbie hype was. I mean, she's gorgeous but so are lots of Hollywood actresses. Then I saw the trailers and I got on board. Fast.

Ha ha!!! I thought she was amazing in the otherwise funny, but formulaic, The Wolf of Wall Street. More stunning than her looks is the fact that she's only 24.....!

sexy-provocadora.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT