ADVERTISEMENT

PSU training Camp Show on BTN.

nearly 24 minutes to six.

and never really stopped them.

They didn't punt, but we did hold them to 2 FGs. Not great, but better than 6. The 23+ minutes and 18 first downs took their toll. Forcing a 3 and out would have been huge early, particularly if we could have scored a TD. Once they broke off the 2nd long run TD, it was obvious that our defense was gassed.

It was a masterclass in ball control offense and we were on our heels the rest of the game after JPJ got flagged for the excessive tackle.

Reactions: Online Persona
I'm sure our offense helps out the defense much more than last year.

The offensive game plan was "don't mess up" and we vanilla-ly ran into the teeth of a loaded box defense that got exotic with its blitzing on 3rd downs in our limited 1st half offensive snaps.

The OSU game plan was much more aggressive and we moved the ball, scored points, was in the game until we messed up.

We need Allar to play great even when the other team wins the down 2 out of 3 times.

I think that's sad that people would feel that way about someone they obviously used to care about. Why do you take pleasure in her misfortunes? Because she rejected you? That's so petty. I don't have a single ex-girlfriend with which I am on bad terms. I don't have any really a part of my life anymore beyond FB friends. It just seems counterproductive to wish for someone else to have misfortune.

You certainly have a right to dislike the things she did. My ex had several affairs. I blamed myself. I forgave her and stayed until the youngest was thru college.
My ex is now the city mouse, very comfortable. I let her live in my home in Mt Dora, with my granddaughter for nothing. I live in Lakes of Mt Dora, an upscale 55+ community with my companion. I don't miss the money. I am not well off l8ke her but I live very comfortably.
We are very good friends. We walk 4 mi every Saturday morning and do a lot of shopping.
Hate is a weapon with a u-turn barrel.

Last edited:
From the Detroit Free Press:

"The disparity in the first half in offensive stats was striking. The Wolverines had more first downs (18-1). They had more yards (274-83). They had more snaps (50-14) and had a massive edge in time of possession, nearly 24 minutes to six." Still, it remained close, in part because Michigan couldn't quite make timely plays in the red zone early."

You're correct that PSU having only one 1st down put a lot of added pressure on the defense. But even so we gave up 18 first downs in the first half and never really stopped them.
We are also just piss poor in Ann Arbor for whatever reason. '16 blowout loss, '18 blowout loss, '20 Covid and no fans with a weak, unmotivated Mich team and we win, '22 blowout loss. Interesting in '21 at the Beav we almost win and could argue should have. Mich was a playoff team that year and destoyed OSU. We also won in '17 and '19 at home. Franklin better "clean this up" in the future but thankfully the game is at home this year.

Home field will mean a lot for us this year especially with a first year QB and new kicker.

I agree that the 4th quarter can get ugly if the defense is on the field too long but I don't agree that was the problem last year. Last year things were ugly from the opening snap, not in the 4th qtr. Michigan never punted, not once! I wonder if that’s ever happened before?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT