ADVERTISEMENT

PSU no conference schedule

Oct 31, 2010
It's really an embarrassment for a program like yours and makes the conference as a whole look bad.

There I said it.....

Well, we'll see how Temple ends up this year. I suspect they'll wind up as a quality opponent. San Diego State has been a rather decent G5 program over the last decade or so, and were picked to win their division by a good number of folks in the preseason. It hasn't worked out that way, but that's a bit out of PSU's hands.

I agree that PSU's OOC scheduling this year hasn't been to the level that we're used to seeing in the past, especially with a few of our conference partners (including NW) scheduling quality out of conference games. But, keep in mind that although we're no longer under sanction from the NCAA - although we're still seeing and feeling their effects - our scheduling for this season and last season were built with a sanction-ravaged team in mind. Picking up as many wins as possible out of conference was paramount when we're dealing with heavy sanctions, and I suspect that that was a prime concern when scheduling these games. Next year should begin the improvement of out-of-conference scheduling with a road game at P5 Pitt and a home game against Temple - not mentioning the 9 conference games. I look forward to it continuing to improve as we go forward beyond the sanctions while continuing to play traditional P5 rivals.

Reactions: Gymnast
Yes we know our non conference schedule sucks. Thanks for dropping by. You wouldn't make a good bowl even if we did have a good schedule either way.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
It's really an embarrassment for a program like yours and makes the conference as a whole look bad.

There I said it.....
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire board for being such an embarrassment to not only the Big Ten Conference, but more importantly to such a tradition rich program as Northwestern's.

But regardless of all that, you are an asshole. There, I said it.

Now I've heard everything. A Northwestern fan saying other teams make the conference look bad.......

In case you haven't noticed- the conference is bad. The rest of the country (outside the Midwest) see Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana, and Purdue and laugh at the big ten as a "football conference".

Last edited:
I doubt this d/bag is a NW fan. If so he is one of their few ahole fans and every team has some, even us. Regardless, he is a troll and should be ignored.

Reactions: psengr82
Now I've heard everything. A Northwestern fan saying other teams make the conference look bad.......
Was just about to say the same thing. Don't be surprised if NW starts to fall apart soon. It seems to happen every year at some point.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Hi! Did you know Mike Greenberg before he got a nose job?! That would be soo cool!

Thanks for stopping by!

#KillYourself

There I said it.....

That took a lot of courage. Lol....I guess central Michigan....eastern Michigan...northern Michigan...southern Illinois ...Ohio university... Bowling Green ... Ball State. and other power houses like FIU were booked up.

I thought NWU had standards for entry....or are you NWUs only subway alum?

Last edited:
I have never commented on a post like this before but Wow...seriously dude?

Why the animosity? You guys are supposed to be a national program, and are the only team in the conference not to schedule at least one P5 non conference game.

Why the animosity? You guys are supposed to be a national program, and are the only team in the conference not to schedule at least one P5 non conference game.

You were given the explanation. You just choose not to accept it. Just go away.

I could give two shits what this troll thinks...there is no way on God's green earth he is a NW grad.

Penn State's OC schedule is just as tough as Ole Miss. and Miss. St. Why does nobody give Ole Miss. crap? Oh...I forgot...they play in the SEC...the conference with all the overrated, ESPN influenced, ranked achools.

Reactions: stf110
According to the criteria announced by Delany recently we have a P5 opponent this year. Delany stated that Big Ten Schools would have to schedule one P5 opponent in the OOC schedule. He went on to state that for these purposes the P5 included the Independents; Notre Dame, BYU and Army.

Well, we'll see how Temple ends up this year. I suspect they'll wind up as a quality opponent. San Diego State has been a rather decent G5 program over the last decade or so, and were picked to win their division by a good number of folks in the preseason. It hasn't worked out that way, but that's a bit out of PSU's hands.

I agree that PSU's OOC scheduling this year hasn't been to the level that we're used to seeing in the past, especially with a few of our conference partners (including NW) scheduling quality out of conference games. But, keep in mind that although we're no longer under sanction from the NCAA - although we're still seeing and feeling their effects - our scheduling for this season and last season were built with a sanction-ravaged team in mind. Picking up as many wins as possible out of conference was paramount when we're dealing with heavy sanctions, and I suspect that that was a prime concern when scheduling these games. Next year should begin the improvement of out-of-conference scheduling with a road game at P5 Pitt and a home game against Temple - not mentioning the 9 conference games. I look forward to it continuing to improve as we go forward beyond the sanctions while continuing to play traditional P5 rivals.

One other point I'd like to add. When Rutgers was added to our schedule, they were not part of the BIG but they were a P6 conference member. Since that scheduling took place, the Big East has gone away and Rutgers was added to the BIG so now what was scheduled as an out of conference game against a P6 school becomes a conference game for PSU. Further PSU now needs to add a non-conference during that part of the year when all other conferences are primarily playing only conference games against each other. Its not always an easy thing to find an out of conference opponent once conference play begins that has an open date the same week that you have an open date, so you take what you can get.

Go back into hibernation and quit while you're.........oh, **** you.

There I said it.....

Kind of odd that you feel compelled to make this post...regardless, you have to understand that not a lot of good teams wanted to play us in HV in 2011 when we were scheduling our 2015 games. Not sure why.....

We know our out of conference schedule is not good this year. But is it any worse than Ohio States? Did anyone see VT get pummeled on Saturday by East Carolina? If VT played Temple next week I would expect Temple to be a solid favorite.
But here is why I would suggest you go slow on the criticism of PSU's non-conference slate. Since joining the Big 10 Penn State has played non-conference games against the likes of USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, Miami, Arizona, Oregon State, Central Florida (the year they went 12-1 and won the Fiesta Bowl), Virginia, Boston College... I could go on. These non-conference opponents match up favorably with any other Big 10 school.
So I would not form a judgment based on just one year.

Here is what makes all OOC arguments so stupid. If you took a large sample of all power 5 conference teams, all play a poor OOC schedule. No further comment required.

Reactions: Marshall30
We should just play 12 conference games - 6 home, 6 away - so we don't have to worry about the OOC schedule - this would keep this trollposter happy.

psuro....that chick is really hot but if you enlarge that pic you can tell she needs to do some woman scaping....but I know some dudes like deep jungle exploration..lol

There I said it.....
Yawn... come back when your program is dealt crippling sanctions and the kids are punished for something they had no part in. The schedule was built with that in mind. Temple might be a 10 win team this year. Lets see where NW ends up in Dec. Probably staying home for the bowl season

The Northwestern football coach would be embarrassed by you. There I said it!

By all accounts, this person is not a Northwestern fan and, in fact, he appears to have been banned from the Northwestern board after he posted flames there over the weekend. The posters there speculate that he is a kid from Iowa with a myriad of screen names. I would have just ignored this idiot and his post, but I actually respect Northwestern and got a degree there (as well as PSU), so thought that I would relay that info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT