ADVERTISEMENT

Football PRESS RELEASE: Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Sells Out (11) Ole Miss vs. (10) Penn State Showdown

In the spirit of Christmas let’s refrain from name calling. In all fairness I put out the bait specifically to get a bite from Lando so I guess I’m the instigator. I don’t think any true PSU fan couldn’t care less if we lose 50-0 to Ole Miss in a NY6 bowl and see Lane Kiffin’s stupid smirk adding to the SEC’s domination over the B10. I would think if you’re a PSU fans you’d rather they finish 11-2 than 10-3 or see them ranked 7 or 8 rather than 15 in the final polls. PSU is 4th all time in bowl wins and #1 in winning percentage among P5 teams. The Peach bowl is the only NY6 bowl PSU hasn’t won. Back to back seasons with 11 wins and a NY6 win would be fantastic and reduce the sting from losing to OSU and UM again. I have a group text with a bunch of guys I worked with and it blows up during bowl season. One guy who was in the Air Force gets into it with another guy who’s daughter goes to JMU and he went to every JMU home game during the season. All in good fun, but they argued about who will ranked at the end of the season and who had a better season. One of earliest memories of CFB was being able to stay up till midnight on New Year’s Eve and watch the Blue Bonnet bowl. I’ll admit there’re too many bowls these days and watching two 6-6 teams from the MAC and AAC battle on a Tuesday afternoon is pretty brutal, but on the flip side you get the Boise State/Oklahoma epic OT game that people still talk about. To this day the bowl season is still my favorite sports time of the year.

In the spirit of Christmas let’s refrain from name calling. In all fairness I put out the bait specifically to get a bite from Lando so I guess I’m the instigator. I don’t think any true PSU fan couldn’t care less if we lose 50-0 to Ole Miss in a NY6 bowl and see Lane Kiffin’s stupid smirk adding to the SEC’s domination over the B10. I would think if you’re a PSU fans you’d rather they finish 11-2 than 10-3 or see them ranked 7 or 8 rather than 15 in the final polls. PSU is 4th all time in bowl wins and #1 in winning percentage among P5 teams. The Peach bowl is the only NY6 bowl PSU hasn’t won. Back to back seasons with 11 wins and a NY6 win would be fantastic and reduce the sting from losing to OSU and UM again. I have a group text with a bunch of guys I worked with and it blows up during bowl season. One guy who was in the Air Force gets into it with another guy who’s daughter goes to JMU and he went to every JMU home game during the season. All in good fun, but they argued about who will ranked at the end of the season and who had a better season. One of earliest memories of CFB was being able to stay up till midnight on New Year’s Eve and watch the Blue Bonnet bowl. I’ll admit there’re too many bowls these days and watching two 6-6 teams from the MAC and AAC battle on a Tuesday afternoon is pretty brutal, but on the flip side you get the Boise State/Oklahoma epic OT game that people still talk about. To this day the bowl season is still my favorite sports time of the year.
We finished 10-2 and in the top 10. The only poll that matters is the one by the committee. They don't do another one. Those are the rankings and we'll see who the champ is. We has a great albeit disappointing year but 10-2/top 10. Go Bama!

The bowls have lost their luster for sure. I do like watching the NY6 games and a few others that involve B10 teams but I am not watching a MAC school go up against some other non power 5 team.

As for Penn State, yes we all want to see them finish at 11-2 with a win over an SEC team and smug Lane Kiffin. Any true fan will watch the game and be very interested in the outcome.
Finishing in the top 10 is meaningful. With all that said, this season was a disappointment because we could not beat Michigan or OSU......again. And having such an inept offense in those games (and others) along with a dysfunctional O coordinator just makes it worse. OSU was ripe for the loss in Columbus and we could not take advantage because of a JV offense.

The bowls have lost their luster for sure. I do like watching the NY6 games and a few others that involve B10 teams but I am not watching a MAC school go up against some other non power 5 team.

As for Penn State, yes we all want to see them finish at 11-2 with a win over an SEC team and smug Lane Kiffin. Any true fan will watch the game and be very interested in the outcome.
Finishing in the top 10 is meaningful. With all that said, this season was a disappointment because we could not beat Michigan or OSU......again. And having such an inept offense in those games (and others) along with a dysfunctional O coordinator just makes it worse. OSU was ripe for the loss in Columbus and we could not take advantage because of a JV offense.
"Any true fan" lol
This is like saying "a real competitor" doesn't opt out. Complete nonsense.

The guys that aren't opting out are the ones entering the draft. They aren't doing this for a Peach Bowl title (i mean, come one) they're doing it for draft status. Chop isn't playing because he doesn't need it for that.

For the graduating seniors that aren't looking to play it's simply one last chance to play the game you love. That doesn't make it a meaningful game. You all keep taking "meaning" to have something to do with other the landscape of college football. There's 4 teams left that have games that matter. We all know that even if we don't admit it.
In other words, Chop is the ONLY player opting out (for PSU)

Thanks for making that point.

In other words, Chop is the ONLY player opting out (for PSU)

Thanks for making that point.
May be the only guy but we need to remember for the future that we shouldn't be critical of those that opt out of a bowl game. The ones playing aren't doing it for the fans or anyone else other than what's best for them.

Don't watch. You are not any kind of fan of PSU. Gotten your scUM swag for the big game?
More nonsense. Rooting for Bama
Honestly, if anything you should all be saying I'm a Georgia or Bama fan by now since the Michigan fan doesn't make any sense

More nonsense. Rooting for Bama
Honestly, if anything you should all be saying I'm a Georgia or Bama fan by now since the Michigan fan doesn't make any sense
You’re clearly not a PSU fan if you don’t care if we win a NY6 bowl. Root for Bama and post your bullshit there for now on. Looks like King will play and Fashanu too, but denigrate them for being too dumb to opt out. I totally understand Chop opting out and have no problem with it since he suffered a bad concussion and is already a first round pick. I can’t wait to watch the game and will be disappointed if we lose and don’t beat a SEC team or finish top 10 or get to 11 wins. If you don’t care about that you’re not a PSU fan plain and simple. For those going to the game, it’s going to be a great game Ole Miss vs. PSU and in the words of Bart Scott I can’t wait!

You’re clearly not a PSU fan if you don’t care if we win a NY6 bowl. Root for Bama and post your bullshit there for now on. Looks like King will play and Fashanu too, but denigrate them for being too dumb to opt out. I totally understand Chop opting out and have no problem with it since he suffered a bad concussion and is already a first round pick. I can’t wait to watch the game and will be disappointed if we lose and don’t beat a SEC team or finish top 10 or get to 11 wins. If you don’t care about that you’re not a PSU fan plain and simple. For those going to the game, it’s going to be a great game Ole Miss vs. PSU and in the words of Bart Scott I can’t wait!
No one should care if we win a NY6 bowl game. Just like no one should bash Franklin if we lose.

Concussion or not...Chop was opting out.

You're spending money on the game and instead if accepting it as "an experience" for you and your son you're making a meaningless game into something its not. That's your problem.

Can't wait to hear your argument next year when the playoff expands...

No one should care if we win a NY6 bowl game. Just like no one should bash Franklin if we lose.

Concussion or not...Chop was opting out.

You're spending money on the game and instead if accepting it as "an experience" for you and your son you're making a meaningless game into something its not. That's your problem.

Can't wait to hear your argument next year when the playoff expands...
You're meaningless.

May be the only guy but we need to remember for the future that we shouldn't be critical of those that opt out of a bowl game. The ones playing aren't doing it for the fans or anyone else other than what's best for them.
Who is being critical of Chop? I haven't read anyone criticizing his decision.

Also, I seriously doubt your suggestion that NONE of the players that have an option to abstain from play aren't abstaining in support to the team, and that it is 100% selfish reasons only. And I'm sure more than one of those players would be offended by your assertion.

Also, I seriously doubt your suggestion that NONE of the players that have an option to abstain from play aren't abstaining in support to the team, and that it is 100% selfish reasons only. And I'm sure more than one of those players would be offended by your assertion.

Oh, you didn't realize his troll-doucheness speaks for all regarding everything? He's a legend in his own mind.... [insert eyeroll].

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24

Multiple people and then come back saying others are "doing the right thing" which is 100% a shot at Chop.

They're doing it because it best for them. That's 100% what these decisions are made on. If they offended they need to be honest with themselves

Multiple people and then come back saying others are "doing the right thing" which is 100% a shot at Chop.

They're doing it because it best for them. That's 100% what these decisions are made on. If they offended they need to be honest with themselves
I see. You are the ultimate arbiter of people's intentions. Got it. LOL!

I see. You are the ultimate arbiter of people's intentions. Got it. LOL!
If you believe anyone makes decisions solely based on something other than what's best for them or what they want to do that doesn't involve their kids or grandchildren or a war then step back to reality. This is football. It's a game not life and death.

If you believe anyone makes decisions solely based on something other than what's best for them or what they want to do that doesn't involve their kids or grandchildren or a war then step back to reality. This is football. It's a game not life and death.
It's not "just" a game to them. They all live and breath it. And it isn't a lot different from foxhole mentality. The team are your brothers, they are family. If you've never played team sports, especially one as violent as football, or been in the military, maybe you don't get that.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
It's not "just" a game to them. They all live and breath it. And it isn't a lot different from foxhole mentality. The team are your brothers, they are family. If you've never played team sports, especially one as violent as football, or been in the military, maybe you don't get that.
Again, I have and you're wrong. That's just talk that people say but they don't mean it. It's literally you saying CMC and countless others aren't team players and don't treat their teammates as family. This is a BOWL game. It's nothing meaningful which is why great competitors sit out all the time. It's why Chop is sitting out. Has nothing to do with him not loving the game or his teammates. It's him understanding what this is and his teammates understanding it. Everyone other than fans seem to comprehend it.

Again, I have and you're wrong. That's just talk that people say but they don't mean it. It's literally you saying CMC and countless others aren't team players and don't treat their teammates as family. This is a BOWL game. It's nothing meaningful which is why great competitors sit out all the time. It's why Chop is sitting out. Has nothing to do with him not loving the game or his teammates. It's him understanding what this is and his teammates understanding it. Everyone other than fans seem to comprehend it.
giphy.gif

Reactions: joeaubie21
So since it’s meaningless back your statement up and don’t post on the game day thread

Reactions: NoBareFeet
So you shouldn’t be on a meaningless thread then. Back it up
Do I talk about the Blue/White game? It's the same
Something doesn't need to be meaningful to discuss it. We all discuss meaningless things here constantly
You're grasping at straws per usual.
I will be posting way more about the 3 games that matter

Do I talk about the Blue/White game? It's the same
Something doesn't need to be meaningful to discuss it. We all discuss meaningless things here constantly
You're grasping at straws per usual.
I will be posting way more about the 3 games that matter
Comparing this to blue white game is nonsense. Again if you think it’s meaningless why post

Reactions: GSPMax
Comparing this to blue white game is nonsense. Again if you think it’s meaningless why post
Same reason I post about the spring game. Looking for positives for next year.
The game has absolutely the same meaning as a spring game. Our season is over. It's preparing for next year. Only 3 games remaining mean anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT