ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State's 10 greatest victories. What were they?

Remember when we went into Notre Dame Stadium and beat the #1 or #2 Team in November? Then Kicking Pitt's proverbial butt in 1981 48-14...best PSU game I ever saw...

Beating Michigan in 1994 or the incredible comeback against Illinois the same year...

Remember when we went into Notre Dame Stadium and beat the #1 or #2 Team in November? Then Kicking Pitt's proverbial butt in 1981 48-14...best PSU game I ever saw...
Do I ever remember that Notre Dame game. Craig Fayak, a freshman, kicked the winning FG to beat then #1 ND in Nov. of 1990. I was at my wife's parents' house watching the game. We had only been married for 2 months at the time and my father-in-law is a huge ND fan. Inside I was ecstatic, but I muted my response. I was stoked! He was bummed.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying that for me...I even saw that game with a departed buddy of mine while enjoying some refreshments at a Holiday Inn in Edinboro.

Reactions: EPC FAN
I Imagine the two National Championship games will be on the list. Here are some of my other choices. The 82 Nebraska game.The 86 clash at Alabama.The 72 Cotton bowl win over Texas. They would probably be my top 5. There are dozens of games in the running for the other 5 spot.These ones I picked already are iconic games and I would like to see what games the board thinks are top ten worthy.

The 10 they're going to win this year......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT