ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State Picks Up Commitment From 2024 Lightweight Luke Lilledahl

McScoreley

Feb 24, 2019

ED NOTE: Lilledahl is ranked No. 2 in the country @ 120 by Willie and No. 5 in the P4P.

He’s also ranked No. 2 on 2024 Big Board, behind fellow PSU commit Joe Sealey, though that will be updated in the coming weeks per Willie.

Penn State currently has commits from Nos. 1, 2, 4, 8, 12 and 19 on the 2024 Big Board.

Last edited by a moderator:
tony soprano hairy chest GIF

Checking the link, this gives us numbers 1, 2, 4 and 12 from the 2024 class. For the best recruiting class that's game, set and match. Now if Cael and company could just learn how to develop top talent..... :eek:

Welcome to PSU. I look forward to watching another decade of dominance and seeing fine young men graduate and go on to lead rewarding lives. WE ARE...

Checking the link, this gives us numbers 1, 2, 4 and 12 from the 2024 class. For the best recruiting class that's game, set and match. Now if Cael and company could just learn how to develop top talent..... :eek:

Welcome to PSU. I look forward to watching another decade of dominance and seeing fine young men graduate and go on to lead rewarding lives. WE ARE...
Forgot both Mirasola bros.

In true PA fan fashion, I must point out this might now hurt us in landing Bassett, Duke, Forrest, and Knox . . . :p

I jest--this is freakin' awesome news!
Duke is already a 150, I would be shocked if he is anything below 141 long term, most likely 49-65. Basset and Knox I could see being lightweights long term, Forrest could be anywhere based on his frame and age

Duke is way way bigger than Lilledahl. I'd be shocked if Bassett and Forrest don't grow a few more years.

HR of course with the "we're focused on the kid who just beat him" I'm sure how Spencer's career ended really sells Bo on going there.

Wow, wasn't expecting this news so soon. Awesome! Does the Lilledahl/Bassett incident concern anyone or is it being over blown?

Duke is already a 150, I would be shocked if he is anything below 141 long term, most likely 49-65. Basset and Knox I could see being lightweights long term, Forrest could be anywhere based on his frame and age
I think you are right. I could see Luke, Bassett, and Forrest all being different weights. Duke is going to be bigger than all of them.

I want Kollin Rath anyway. He is underrated and super high up side.

If we’ve learned anything from PSU’s recruiting strategy in the past, it’s that they could well have a very small (1/2) person class in 2025 now (where Perry is coming for free) and then hammer 26 when Bassett and Forrest are on the table.

I also think it’s very likely Gibson isn’t on a ton of money in 24

McScoreley is right. Luke is 125. Bassett and Jax will both be higher.
I think people are forgetting to factor in Cunningham’s two sons too. Perry, Nasedo, Gibson, Wentzel, Steen, RoHo, Davis, Kasak and now Lilledhal all fighting for 125,133,141. Factor in the 133 from Minnesota who could end up at PSU. We got a great problem and some great room guys also.

McScoreley is right. Luke is 125. Bassett and Jax will both be higher.
I think people are forgetting to factor in Cunningham’s two sons too. Perry, Nasedo, Gibson, Wentzel, Steen, RoHo, Davis, Kasak and now Lilledhal all fighting for 125,133,141. Factor in the 133 from Minnesota who could end up at PSU. We got a great problem and some great room guys also.
I think it’s very likely someone very good ends up elsehwre. Whether it’s Nagao, a commitment, or an eventual transfer out of PSU. But that’s the cost of doing business and if it happens it’ll be because the starters are very good.

I also think it’s important to note that 2024 is still 2 seasons away and 2026 still 2 seasons after that. A lot can and will happen and guys will be long gone before Bassett and Forrest and others could even step on campus. And that’s not even factoring in things like redshirts or gray shirts

1, 2, 4, 8, 12, and 19, you say? This has to be approaching the best recruiting class ever regardless of year, no?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT