ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Football defeats Northwestern on Saturday afternoon

50509f119091507.609646d11da24.gif

Our offense isn't elite...we all know that.
Our defense looks like it is.
Slow start isn't worrisome for me....we've seen this script before.

We should be worried.

I gauge every performance based on whether it would be good enough to beat the better teams. So far nearly every early kickoff road game has been an emphatic NO, and it's been this way for years.

Everyone on the offense needs to go into the training tent and get a prostate exam to wake them up.

Reactions: Grass
We should be worried.

I gauge every performance based on whether it would be good enough to beat the better teams. So far nearly every early kickoff road game has been an emphatic NO, and it's been this way for years.
You can be worried about Michigan and Ohio State based on this but not this game. I mean, you can be if you want but we'll win comfortably

I wonder if any Iowa fans are watching this.

We have managed to not play down to our competition so far this year but …smells kinda like that today.

You can be worried about Michigan and Ohio State based on this but not this game. I mean, you can be if you want but we'll win comfortably

The fact is that our offense has scored 3 points on Northwestern.

And a few extremely lucky plays later NW has a td.

Come on coaches. Have the team ready to play.

Our offense has been frustrating. I've said for week the lack of explosive plays is a problem but I'm not at all surprised we started slow. I expected it. As long as we're close at the half we'll win easily.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Their QB is beating our standard pass defense. He hasn’t played well when pressured

Take the handcuffs off Allar and open up the damn game. This underneath passing game needs to end immediately

Why lucky? Our offense isn't doing anything. Our defense is missing tackles. Our special teams aren't doing well. NW deserves to be winning.

Giving up that 3rd and 16 was killer. 3.5 man rush (Carter showed, backed off, then rushed into a pancake) and nobody mid level to tackle a RB.

Terrible tackling cost us 6 there.

What lucky plays? When you let them off the hook on 3rd and 11…. You get what you pay for
That was my thought exactly. Being down a TD is a losing team effort all around. Defense looked good but gives up 3rd and longs again, offense can’t run against the worst rush defense in the B1G and can’t pass against north western’s backup defensive backs. Turnover on special teams…

Reactions: psu00 and Grass
I am a bit concerned that the depth of Northwesterns defense isn't going to be tested with the PSU offensive struggles. Typically the better team pulls away with the depth in the 2nd half. I guess we will see.

Mike hall on page 1 looking like a genius. Terribly flat and NW pushing us around.

An absolutely embarrassing effort thus far
Same issue, year after year. They don’t come ready to play from the start in noon games. Meanwhile, USC has had 4 possessions in their game with Colorado and 3 touchdowns so far, (and it’s a 9am start for them).

By the way, seems like there’s more commercials than game now that they found a way to “shorten the game” again, but just filled the space with ads.

TD. Commercial break.

Kickoff. Commercial break.

7 seconds of game and 5 minutes of ads. Maybe 6?

Reactions: Grass
Take the handcuffs off Allar and open up the damn game. This underneath passing game needs to end immediately
Allar isn't as developed or great as many hee claim yet. People are foolishly saying he's already better than Collins was. He's going to be great but we're going to be conservative with him as he grows and develops. It's a shame he didn't play more last year.

Reactions: AvgUser
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT