ADVERTISEMENT

penn state baseball coach, Rob Cooper, resigns effective at end of season

If this was a Kraft move...I like it. He means business. Going two-plus decades sans an ncaa appearance is terrible...and not being able to reach the B1G tournament more often, when 8 teams make it (and not every team in the B1G) has baseball, is also ridiculous. With the uniform start date in the sport and talent more spread out with Northern teams frequently doing big things....the excuses are done. It's been a sport that has stunk for decades.

Agreed. Not saying I'd expect them to have a top team on a regular basis but I don't see why they can't improve recruiting and be top half of the BIG.
Same with hoops...Nobody expects these programs (which traditionally have sucked) to all of a sudden be conference champs consistently. But, come on...how about make a freaking ncaa tournament every few years. Michigan and IU baseball have....and the latter made big noise the last couple years. PSU has an on-campus stadium -- a nice place to watch a game. Not every program can say that. College baseball can be a great sport when you have a good program that actually makes you want to watch.

Reactions: bison13
Same with hoops...Nobody expects these programs (which traditionally have sucked) to all of a sudden be conference champs consistently. But, come on...how about make a freaking ncaa tournament every few years. Michigan and IU baseball have....and the latter made big noise the last couple years. PSU has an on-campus stadium -- a nice place to watch a game. Not every program can say that. College baseball can be a great sport when you have a good program that actually makes you want to watch.
Compared to the places in which most Big 10 teams play their baseball games, PSU's ballpark is like a MLB park; you would think that that alone would attract enough good players to finish in the upper half of the Big 10. They had a decent season last year, but obviously took a big step back this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT