ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are your thoughts on Tebow's chances with the Eagles?

I strongly doubt these rumors. If you think about the cost of trading up to #2, then it becomes staggering.

The Eagles would likely have to trade Bradford, Kendricks, Cox, their 2015 first rounder and 2016 second rounder for Mariota.

Seriously on Tebow's chances--John Sciarra type. He might make the team as a third down QB. Might.

and the assault on Christianity continues in liberal atheist America!!! :rolleyes:
There's no assault. Merely educating the indoctrinated and exposing religious lies and myths. One doesn't have to be liberal or conservative to do that, merely educated.

Well, one thing is certain, Gator fans have become Eagle fans.

I like this. Wildcat; short yardage; decoy; Tebow fits. He will do whatever is asked.

There's no assault. Merely educating the indoctrinated and exposing religious lies and myths. One doesn't have to be liberal or conservative to do that, merely educated.

lighten up, Francis! I was making fun of people who believe Tebow was run out of the NFL because of his Christianity. not because he lacked the talents to be a starting QB in the NFL. :eek:

lighten up, Francis! I was making fun of people who believe Tebow was run out of the NFL because of his Christianity. not because he lacked the talents to be a starting QB in the NFL. :eek:

If God answered the prayers of every QB without the skills to make it in the NFL, we'd certainly have a glut of QBs available.

I don't remember the comedian's name but he had a brilliant bit about athletes thanking God for their success, but you never heard an athlete ever say "I was having a good game. Until Jesus made me fumble."

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
If God answered the prayers of every QB without the skills to make it in the NFL, we'd certainly have a glut of QBs available.

I don't remember the comedian's name but he had a brilliant bit about athletes thanking God for their success, but you never heard an athlete ever say "I was having a good game. Until Jesus made me fumble."

I believe that was the great Bob Odenkirk

In some ways Tebow might actually fit better into Kelly's system than either Bradford or Sanchez. I do think it's odd that since the Tebow signing he dominates the Philly sports radio talk. At best he's a 3rd string QB and there should be much more concern about the supposed starter who hasn't played in over a year and is trying to come of multiple injuries, or his backup who is best know for an infamous play coined "the butt fumble".

Tebow might do well as a 3rd down wildcat/option QB with Murray and/or Sproles in the backfield, but it's tough to justify a roster spot for that type of player. Then again, the 3rd string QB in Philly is more like a 2.5 string QB given Bradford's injury-proneness.

I am still of the belief that Kelly will do whatever he can (within reason, i.e. - not Redskins for RG3 type moves) to get Mariota. And it's not that Mariota is a can't miss QB like Luck was, it's that Mariota fits into Kelly's system perfectly. If Mariota went to any other school other than Oregon, then there would be zero talk about the Eagles making any moves to get him.

And there are some folks who think Michael Sam was run out of the NFL because he was gay.... I think, in both cases, talent was the main factor. But I'd not be shocked if the other was a small factor--if only because GMs/coaches don't like distractions and circuses.

I think these run spread NFL teams will begin building QB depth like we used to think about RB depth.

2-3 run-oriented spread QBs, so you can run your offense when one or two get banged up.

See tO$U for blueprint.

And there are some folks who think Michael Sam was run out of the NFL because he was gay.... I think, in both cases, talent was the main factor. But I'd not be shocked if the other was a small factor--if only because GMs/coaches don't like distractions and circuses.

I thought Sam was highly undervalued for the draft, but reading comments from the combines it seemed like he wasn't the same guy who dominated at Mizzou and had trouble adjusting to the pro game (somewhat similar criticisms I saw of Tebow). So I googled Sam to read up on why he isn't playing in the NFL (but Tebow is! All hail Yahweh!) and found this great article from outnation:

LINK

the analysis in the article is pretty good, but for a change the comment section has some pretty good perspectives from different sides.

I will also say this as a Bills fan: I thought Doug Flutie was one of the most misused QBs in the history of the NFL. Buffalo essentially cursed itself since they picked Rob Johnson over him. It happens. Talent gets overlooked, and some crappy players excel. In pro sports and in life. With that said, I think Sam would best be served heading to the CFL and refining his skill set.

Tebow serves a purpose. Keep the idiot Philly sports talk shows and NFL/ESPN networks off Chipster's ass, until he figures out an explanation for where this thing ends up, and make it look like a brilliant plan. He talks fast enough to dazzle them all, too! In fact, they are dying to get played. It's good for business.

I thought Sam was highly undervalued for the draft, but reading comments from the combines it seemed like he wasn't the same guy who dominated at Mizzou and had trouble adjusting to the pro game (somewhat similar criticisms I saw of Tebow). So I googled Sam to read up on why he isn't playing in the NFL (but Tebow is! All hail Yahweh!) and found this great article from outnation:

LINK

the analysis in the article is pretty good, but for a change the comment section has some pretty good perspectives from different sides.

I will also say this as a Bills fan: I thought Doug Flutie was one of the most misused QBs in the history of the NFL. Buffalo essentially cursed itself since they picked Rob Johnson over him. It happens. Talent gets overlooked, and some crappy players excel. In pro sports and in life. With that said, I think Sam would best be served heading to the CFL and refining his skill set.

One of the most misused guys I ever saw was Archie Griffin. Saw him destroy my Iggles down in Cincy years ago, when they used him like the Birds used Byars a decade or so later, on flairs out of the backfield, etc. That was a one-game exception, though, as usually the Bengals tried to use him as a power back--but he had a better line in college than he did with the Bengals.

3rd string QB who may have a set series to mix things up from time to time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT