ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Taylor Swift

My niece went to the Phl concert looking for tickets a few weeks ago. Best she could find was partial obsturctive view for around $1500 each. Everything else was around $3000 each. Stayed in the lot and listened with about 10000 other Swifties.
If you get tickets for less than that, they're probably fake.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
My niece went to the Phl concert looking for tickets a few weeks ago. Best she could find was partial obsturctive view for around $1500 each. Everything else was around $3000 each. Stayed in the lot and listened with about 10000 other Swifties.
People are just plain crazy.

Amazing economic impact by the Swifties. Pittsburgh hotels are just about sold out along with AirBnB. And they are charging huge premiums.

People flying in from all across the country. Restaurants with full reservations.

And every city on the tour is experiencing the same. Say it is as good as hosting the Super Bowl. Predicted to have a $4.6 billion dollar impact nationwide.

Reactions: NedFromYork
my wife and kids went and sat outside the stadium and listened with the other 10K (I heard they estimated 25K outside the stadium). her friend had $2000 in cash with her and expected to be able to scalp tickets for her and her daughter while there (willing to pay $1000 each). she has a scalper that she uses all the time (she calls him her personal scalper) so she is used to doing this for many events. After an hour of searching herself and on the phone with the scalper, the cheapest tickets was upper deck at $2500 a piece.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
My wife got tickets to the Pgh show for Saturday for her and our 2 daughters.

She has called all around and nobody will take restaurant reservations. I suggested a good lunch and grab something to take and eat down there before heading to the concert. I'd be shocked if anywhere had a reasonable wait time.

State College is more fun than downtown Pittsburgh.
Are the downtown areas of any major American city fun anymore? To me, most of them are beginning to resemble NYC in Escape from New York.

I worked in downtown Pittsburgh from 1986 to 2021, and thought that the downtown area was nicer and more safe than most American cities, even at night, but the inanity of 2020 with the shutdowns just destroyed the downtown area, causing firms to leave and restaurants to close, and now the garbage that's happening in other cities is beginning to happen here, albeit at a slower rate.

It's unbelievable to me when I see what's being allowed to happen in cities like Chicago, SF, LA, Portland, Seattle, etc., with public drug use and defecation and tent cities with impunity.

My wife got tickets to the Pgh show for Saturday for her and our 2 daughters.

She has called all around and nobody will take restaurant reservations. I suggested a good lunch and grab something to take and eat down there before heading to the concert. I'd be shocked if anywhere had a reasonable wait time.
If they are good seats, three tickets together could be worth over ten grand. Hard to pass that up……..💰

She is going to be a billionaire in the very near future. Her endorsement deals must be crazy given the reach she has worldwide.

But she's not getting most of this money. Scalpers, BOT's, whoever, are the ones making a killing.
Who long's for the days of going up the mall to the Ticketron to get in line for tickets.

Reactions: lazydave841
But she's not getting most of this money. Scalpers, BOT's, whoever, are the ones making a killing.
Who long's for the days of going up the mall to the Ticketron to get in line for tickets.
But imagine the merchandizing. She’s worth $740 million and climbing fast. Amazing and good on a girl from Reading, PA

After bearding for 12 years I see she is finally dating an actual man who is both heterosexual and not effeminate...I think that girl has some serious serious man hating issues.. Hopefully this guy from the Lakers can show her that men aren't all that bad

Never said she is getting any of it. The article was about total economic impact of her concerts and the tour. A massive impact where huge numbers of people profit.

Reznor did this with his last tour, unless something changed from the original announcement.

If you're dumb enough to pay those ridiculous prices for tickets, you deserve to get robbed. She's not worth half of what people are dumb enough to pay.
You missed the all-important IMO. I may agree with you --- but a lot of people would not.

My wife said she got 3 tickets for right around 500 total. That's a steal for what they are found for now. She brought up selling them to our kids. Reaction was as expected. Not good.
Tell the kids they can go to Disney for a week. Or the beach. Or Yellowstone. Or wherever. A great week somewhere vs four hours at a concert.

You save a lot of money and have great memories.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT