ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sea Isle/Stone Harbor Rental Suggestions

GoGoBanana

Aug 12, 2008
NEPA/570
I'm looking for places to stay (condos, houses, or hotels) in either Sea Isle or Stone Harbor the weekend of September 12th. Pet-friendly is preferred, but not absolutely necessary. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Go to it. Check out Long & Foster.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=sea+isle+city+rentals

Do not miss your turn back onto the highway because it's a trip through the Pine Barrens and one ranger station and one general store between you and coming out above Philly. Make sure your gas tank is full. I suggest a GPS if you don't have one.

You have to hit Marie's.

http://www.mariesseafood.com/

Take your own Beer and Bottle. Nothing but soft drinks and milk.

I'm sure you know this, but Sea Isle and Stone Harbor could not be more different. Depending on what kind of weekend you want, you might want to consider that.

Stone Harbor is likely to be significantly more expensive, I'd imagine.

I'm looking for places to stay (condos, houses, or hotels) in either Sea Isle or Stone Harbor the weekend of September 12th. Pet-friendly is preferred, but not absolutely necessary. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Diller and Fisher and Ferguson Deckert are a couple of the real estate agents and I think they both handle rentals.

I'm sure you know this, but Sea Isle and Stone Harbor could not be more different. Depending on what kind of weekend you want, you might want to consider that.

Stone Harbor is likely to be significantly more expensive, I'd imagine.

Stone Harbor is slightly more expensive for a rental and they are slightly different.

Saying Stone Harbor and Sea Isle are slightly different is like saying a Yugo is slightly different than a Mercedes.

The last time we were there, the owners daughter was flippin' right in the dining room, mf'n and going nuts about something. My wife started to laugh and my kid.

What is Maria's? ARe you sure it is still there?

It's Maries...takeout seafood back by the bay (Fish Alley) right after you come over the bridge.

The upper end of Sea Isle, Townsend Inlet, is completely different than the lower end. This area is approximately from 75th up to the inlet. Nice, quite for the most part, and family oriented. Scoop's Ice Cream, Nicholby's, and Blitz's Market are about the only commercial places, but no real shopping if that's what the Mrs. wants? Having been in Avalon and Stone Harbor, I like TI much better. I just like the atmosphere and people better. The sunset on the bay in TI is rated the No. 2 sunset in the world. Not sure I believe that but it is pretty cool? I recommend renting a house if you can. There should be plenty of availability the week after Labor Day.

I looked it up. I think it used to be the Lobster Shack or Lobster House.

The Lobster House is in Cape May. The Lobster Loft is behind Marie's and is still there in Fish Alley. Mike's Takeout, next to Marie's, is the real mess, the place is packed and orders can take up to 1.5 hrs. Believe it or not, best chicken fingers in town. The family gets fried crabcakes and I get the fingers along Uncle Oggies fries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT