ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Reviving Friday Jukebox

I've been listening to a lot of The Smiths lately. I knew some of their stuff but I don't know some of it too. Dang, these guys were good, although they were only together for five years.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
One thing I like doing is going on YouTube and watching “reaction” videos of people listening to great music for the first time. Imagine being a 40 year old and listening to My Old School for the first time - not knowing a thing about Steely Dan.

This guy has some good ones, but there’s tons of others where, say, young metal fans listen to classic Philly soul for the first time; rap fans listen to Mick Taylor era Stones. One thing for sure - those of us who grew up listening to the radio in the 70s had it good.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I'm goin to see Tedeschi/Trucks in Reading next friday. Can't wait. This band is not ffing around. See above.

Trucks is so Duane and Susan Tedeschi is Dickie Betts. Just my silly opinion. This is one of the best, if not THE BEST touring bands out there right now. Susan Tedeschi is Bonnie Raitt only better.

I heard this the other day for the first time in a long time. This is a pretty damn good tune.

this is interesting. An Italian rocker made a song in English that was jibberish. It just sounded like English. His point was that world communications was making English a "thing". I am not sure if he was for or against it, but it ended up being a hit in Italy and internationally.

One of the issues with the WWW and satellite communications is the breakdown of cultures as we all bleed together.

this is interesting. An Italian rocker made a song in English that was jibberish. It just sounded like English. His point was that world communications was making English a "thing". I am not sure if he was for or against it, but it ended up being a hit in Italy and internationally.

One of the issues with the WWW and satellite communications is the breakdown of cultures as we all bleed together.

This shows that staging, videography, theatrics, imagery, and a good back beat drive musical success.

Funny…. When I listen to it I keep trying to understand the lyrics.😵‍💫

This shows that staging, videography, theatrics, imagery, and a good back beat drive musical success.

Funny…. When I listen to it I keep trying to understand the lyrics.😵‍💫
I know! I should have learned that lesson when a TV studio put together "The Monkeys" who didn't know how to play instruments except one. I think I really knew it when we had bananarama who is the worst singing group I can ever recall that made it big. Then lay on groups like N'sync, backstreet boys and milli vanilli.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Weekend starts early, and it's the holiday season, so time to class it up with a little orchestral music.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT