ADVERTISEMENT

OT; Looking to purchase a new Sportsman camper. Anyone know what the markup on

Didnt we,the Board, just coach you through an RV buying decision last year? I thought you bought that thing. What gives?

P.s. It's a "sportsmen" camper as in plural....more than one man. That might be why you can't find a Sportsman.

Didnt we,the Board, just coach you through an RV buying decision last year? I thought you bought that thing. What gives?

P.s. It's a "sportsmen" camper as in plural....more than one man. That might be why you can't find a Sportsman.
Nope. PPB, it was not me. We purchased a pop-up tent camper 7 years ago, and are ready to make a change.

OL

Ultra LIghtweight, C Classic, 18RBT with ends pulling out for sleeping.

Thanks, 95 for any assistance.

OL
Right now, lots of used campers are available. Look them over and don't be afraid to use the web and go nationwide to look. You'll find a reasonable value for similar items. Start with Craigslist in your area.

travel trailers might be, or where I can find the information?
Struck out surfing websites.

TIA

OL
Ohio Lion. Try this site. Even if it doesn't have your exact model, you can see from other comparable campers that the markup runs around 45% across a bunch of different manufacturers. Click on the trailer type at the top and then enter a zip code without registering. It defaults to 2014 data but you can toggle to get 2015 data also. There isn't any 2016 data on the site.

Dealer Cost * 1.45 = MSRP.

http://www.seedealercost.com/recv

Also from that site, if you click on Buying an RV you'll get the following information

MSRP (Manufacturers Suggest Retail Price), is common to all three scenarios and varies widely between manufacturers. The dealer’s margin, which is the difference between the dealer’s total cost and the selling price, can be as little as 15% and as great as 35% or more of the MSRP. The dealer's invoice price is not necessarily (or usually) his real cost. Many times the manufacturers add incentives, offer inventory financing help, and offer model year end assistance. So how much should the dealer and the salesman make on your deal? The answer to that question is subjective because the value of the dealer before, during and after the sale is hard to quantify.

Last edited:
Ultra LIghtweight, C Classic, 18RBT with ends pulling out for sleeping.

Thanks, 95 for any assistance.

OL

I've got a 2012 Rockwood Roo 23SS that is loaded that I'm selling. With my wife back in grad school, we just don't have the time to use it. If that is something that might interest you, let me know and we can chat.

Ive tinkered with a enough motorhomes and campers to know with certainty that these things are ridiculously overpriced in the showroom... Appliances, systems, and even construction techniques essentially are the same among the various mfrs, the ones Ive dissected are pretty much stapled and slapped-together. The differences are basically in features and material upgrades. Even a cabinet upgrade usually means going from a real shitty cabinet to a shitty cabinet that looks a little nicer.

By all means seek out the used market... The RV market is awash with gently/unused pre-owned units that someone else is aching to part with.... Though this time of year the buyer is at somewhat a disadvantage, but alas there are owners (like me) who are always wondering who will someday agree to buy their coach

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT