ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LBJ first NBA player since '66 Celtics players to hit finals 5 yrs in a row

simons96

Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
of course he also dragged James Jones along for the honor:

LINK

pretty amazing accomplishment with Love out and Irving hurt, but they have built a solid system in Cleveland, "next man up" and all.

Cavs are getting some very solid PT from the likes of Shumpert, Thompson, Mozgov, JR Smith, and Dellavedova

It's amazing the way he can elevate average/slightly above average players to their next level. The difference he makes in the win-loss record of teams when he leaves or joins is astonishing. I honestly think he is underrated. He is this generation's Magic Johnson.

Reactions: PSURAHJ
of course he also dragged James Jones along for the honor:

LINK

pretty amazing accomplishment with Love out and Irving hurt, but they have built a solid system in Cleveland, "next man up" and all.

Cavs are getting some very solid PT from the likes of Shumpert, Thompson, Mozgov, JR Smith, and Dellavedova

Not only is Love out, but so is Anderson Verejao who got hurt early in the year. James, had he not been taken out early, would have AVERAGED a triple double for the series. This has never been done in a championship series.

As for James Jones, he hit a couple of monster threes in the comeback against the Bulls. At one point, the Cavs were down 2-1 in games and down 11 early in the fourth quarter of game 4. JJ hit a couple of 3's and the Cavs went on to win, then win the next six games.

James creates a matchup problem for every team. You MUST double team him. When you do, he's such a good passer he gets the ball out to Kyrie, JR Smith, Shumpert, JJ, Delly....all have very good 3 point range. You space the floor, let him work 1 on 1, dish when they collapse to stop him in the paint. Hitting 46% from three point land, its unstoppable. You add in the defense of the rim with Mozgov & Double T (Tristan Thompson), then add the length of JR and Shumpert with the tenacity of Delly and youve got a team that can win in the paint, from the outside, or on defense. They play such a good inside out game, as well as an East/West passing game.

Watching them play against the Warriors and Curry will be a real treat.

Last edited:
I don't watch a lot of NBA basketball, but I've watched a lot more of the playoffs this year. Lebron really looks amazing, better than I've ever seen him. It seems like his leadership has really leveled up this year. I'm kind of excited for the NBA finals for the first time in a long time.

True, but I don't like how he handled the Vietnam war.

Not only is Love out, but so is Anderson Verejao who got hurt early in the year. James, had he not been taken out early, would have AVERAGED a triple double for the series. This has never been done in a championship series.

As for James Jones, he hit a couple of monster threes in the comeback against the Bulls. At one point, the Cavs were down 2-1 in games and down 11 early in the fourth quarter of game 4. JJ hit a couple of 3's and the Cavs went on to win, then win the next six games.

James creates a matchup problem for every team. You MUST double team him. When you do, he's such a good passer he gets the ball out to Kyrie, JR Smith, Shumpert, JJ, Delly....all have very good 3 point range. You space the floor, let him work 1 on 1, dish when they collapse to stop him in the paint. Hitting 46% from three point land, its unstoppable. You add in the defense of the rim with Mozgov & Double T (Tristan Thompson), then add the length of JR and Shumpert with the tenacity of Delly and youve got a team that can win in the paint, from the outside, or on defense. They play such a good inside out game, as well as an East/West passing game.

Yeah, good post. Watching him go 1-on-3 and making the layup, lol. Just a great, great player, nice guy too.

It's amazing the way he can elevate average/slightly above average players to their next level. The difference he makes in the win-loss record of teams when he leaves or joins is astonishing. I honestly think he is underrated. He is this generation's Magic Johnson.

Yeah, and it's been going on since high school. As a freshman, he led his team to the state championship in Ohio. How often does something like that happen? And, as a sophomore in high school, in addition to winning another state championship, he was football All-State as a receiver.

His scoring ability may be secondary to his passing ability and defensive excellence.

The 36th president sure has game.
I've read his scouting report. He's a big man, but when it comes to inside shooting he's a little stiff. Still, he can get fully laid out inside the paint. He's also been known to bury an outside shot from the coffin corner. That said, it's time that this discussion of his basketball skills is laid to rest.

before the playoffs started, I predicted the Warriors would take the West. Hawks looked good, but I told my brother the only team that would give Golden State a hard time would be the Cavs. they are SO physical on both ends of the court, their D gets overlooked.

He can do everything & I like how he's kept working on his game over the years but lets also point out he's had the benefit of playing in the weakest/non talented nba in our lifetimes. Even with the injuries clevland has had they've had a cakewalk thru the east.....I'm 42 & started watching the nba hard in 1982

He can do everything & I like how he's kept working on his game over the years but lets also point out he's had the benefit of playing in the weakest/non talented nba in our lifetimes. Even with the injuries clevland has had they've had a cakewalk thru the east.....I'm 42 & started watching the nba hard in 1982

I don't agree at all. The East is physical, built for playoff basketball when the refs swallow their whistles and players alligator arm threes. In long series, the defense knows the other teams offense as well as they do. The East grinds out games while the west plays end-to-end basketball that is "pretty". The long-time exception has been the Spurs who have unselfish guys that don't mind getting dirty.

This is going to be a great series.

Can the long arms of Shumpert and JR Smith, along with the physical play of Dellavadova slow down the "splash brothers?" Is there anyone on Golden State's team that can keep LBJ away from the rim? GS really has nobody that matches up physically with LBJ, they can go quick (Green or Barns) but will end up being posted up in the paint and forced to bring a double team. Or, they can go "big" with Bogut, or whomever, which will leave Thompson or Mozgov all over the offensive boards.

Is Kyrie healthy? Will Curry suffer ill affects from his spill?

They split the season series, with the Cavs winning by 11 in February. James had 42 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT