ADVERTISEMENT

Omari Evans and other WRs?

Gorki224

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021
First question I have? What happened with Omari Evans this season? Why is he not getting a legit shot when he looked really good last season and in the Spring Game albeit a small sample size?

We certainly need help at WR but I do not buy into the comments of the WRs can't get open or separation. IMO the problem is, I do not think Yurcich scheme's well in the pass game. Look at these 40 times for our WRs and you tell me they can't get open?

40 times for WRs:

KLS - 4.3
Wallace - low 4.4
Evans - 4.3
Saunders - low 4.4
McClain - low 4.5 which is good for big WR

Last year I kept saying the offense plays within a 15 yd box....meaning 90% of pass plays are within 15 yds of the line. Constantly I would see bunch of WRs and TEs all running short - few intermediate routes. I don't know if this offensive scheme is Franklin and Yurcich or all Yurcich?

Regardless I honestly believe if Yurcich schemes better and uses the middle of the field you'd see the WRs are not as bad as they seem to be. Allar also is afraid to take shots down field. He either doesn't see the WR breaking open or is afraid to pull the trigger. I don't think I've seen more 5-10 yrd out routes in my life. It is mind boggling why the offense does not attack the middle of the field more. All they want to do is throw out routes and short ins and slants?

We are playing Indy and should blow them out. Screw this 12 personnel. I'd love to see Saunders or McClain get a ton of playing time this game and rotate as the 3rd starting WR. McClain had a few drops vs Illinois and the staff has completely abandoned him.

Three things need to happen for this pass game to get better:

1. Yurich must scheme better for deeper shots

2. Allar has to quit being so conservative and pull the trigger deep.

3. They must give Saunders or McClain a shot. Make them a priority vs Indy and target them. They have the talent, but you can't give them only 10 snaps and expect some big breakout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News