ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Qualifier in Istanbul, 5/9-12

I had missed that Dr Jane was wrestling today, but if I'm reading UWW's bout order correctly, her first repecharge match will be first on Mat C, Spencer is 5th on C, and Zain will be 14th also on C tomorrow (session starts at 3).

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
I know Spencer lost in the state finals in HS, his only loss. He lost to Ramos, Picc, Bresser, Tomasello, and twice to Rivera in college. Maybe it is late and I am not thinking straight, but if he had two healthy knees, I honestly think he would have never lost a high school or college match.

Zain wins his first match with a pin in the second period. It was 9-2 at the time. Zain gave up a TD early in the match, otherwise Zain dominated. He wore this guy out and gassed him.

Was 5-2 around 4:30 when Zain took him to his back and then scored the pin. Zain had all the activity, I was surprised it wasn’t more of a blowout. I think the opponent was more of a counter wrestler, Zain gave up 2 on a counter earlier. Was only 3-2 at the break.

Was 5-2 around 4:30 when Zain took him to his back and then scored the pin. Zain had all the activity, I was surprised it wasn’t more of a blowout. I think the opponent was more of a counter wrestler, Zain gave up 2 on a counter earlier. Was only 3-2 at the break.
Yeah I thought Zain could have got to more shots if he wanted to pull the trigger. That TD he gave up was kind of a fluke. His opponent wanted nothing to do with Zains hand fighting, and though the score was closer it was only a matter of time. The last TD he just went to his back and gave up.

Yeah I thought Zain could have got to more shots if he wanted to pull the trigger. That TD he gave up was kind of a fluke. His opponent wanted nothing to do with Zains hand fighting, and though the score was closer it was only a matter of time. The last TD he just went to his back and gave up.
Good match by Zain! What's up with the head band? I missed the first bit of the match; did they bump heads or is that to prevent further damage from a previous injury?

Reactions: James Toney
Good match by Zain! What's up with the head band? I missed the first bit of the match; did they bump heads or is that to prevent further damage from a previous injury?
Zain and Nick Lee had quite a scrap 2 weeks ago. Both dudes were bloody. I don't think the gash in Zain's head has healed up just yet.

But I also choose to believe that Zain's head wrap is the wrestling version of Tiger Woods' red shirt. If Zain's got the bandana on, the rest of the field is in trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT