ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Qualifier in Istanbul, 5/9-12

LFG, Zain.

Step out off the whistle. 1-0
Passivity warning against Kudiev. Zain pushing pace.
Kudiev doesn't like Zain's hands in his face.
Shot by Kud. Zain counters into scramble. Nothing. Great defense by Zain there to not give up exposure.
Cut on Kud's nose. Stoppage with under 1 in the first.
Kud shot. Zain feeds him heavy hips.
Missed shot by Kud. Go behind to quad pod for Zain. There's the TD!!!! 3-0
Break

Zain continues heavy hands to the head.
Shot by Kud, counter by Zain for the TWOOOOOO. 5-0.
2:00 to go. Hand fighting. Zain still the aggressor.
Level changes by Zain has Kud guessing. No shots since that first one.
1:00 to go.
Shot by Kud. Zain avoids, almost picks up a leg of his own. Zain warned for something. Doesn't care.
Two for Kud on a double leg TD. 5-2.
And, that's where it will end.
2 down, 2 to go!!!!
LFG, Zain!!!

Last edited:
This next one is big (well, they all are, aren’t they?) LFG!!
sweating-gif-2.gif

Yes, it seems like the next one is the one to me as well. The Indian wrestler seems as if he's one of the top 3 in the bracket (with Zain and the Mongolian).
Looks to be pretty quick. Beat Yianni in 2022. Doesn't look like he wrestled much in 2023, and is now 3-2 this year.

His other loss, besides Ochir is to Jalolov of Uzbekistan. No idea if either of those spellings is correct.

Yeah this means a lot. I really want to see him make the Olympics and end his career with a medal but we got to do today first. It feels weird to be worried for Zain. I never thought I would be sweating about Zain winning wrestling matches.
Agree. I’d feel much more confident if these next two matches could be wrestled folk style.

Wonder if they’d agree to it?

Under 1 to go in the first match of the session.
That was an exciting match. Not sure I could take one like that.

And, here comes Zain. Everyone hum a little Johnny Cash for his walkout music. I hear that train a rollin', rollin' round the bend. LFG!! (I added that last part.)

Passivity warning to Sujeet. Zain testing the waters on a couple of different things. Crap, Zain got a single, lost it and gave us a counter TD. 0-2.
Zain shot, catches air.
End of 1.

Here we go. Period 2.
Zain working hard. Good defense by Suj.
2 to go. No change.
Blood on the side of Zain's head. Maybe that's what he needs.
Shot attempt by Suj. Zain counters and gets the TWWOOOO! 2-2, Zain up by criteria.
Another shot by Suj. Zain holds it off.
And another. Zain fights off a single.
30 to go. Zain takes a safe shot, backs out.
14 to go. Holy hell. And, that's it!!!!!! Zain makes it to the Go To the Olympics match!!!!

Last edited:
That wasn’t so good. Single leg. Gets behind. Tries to get him out of tripod and to mat for two and then somehow he gets taken down instead.

Zain not getting that takedown and giving it up really hurts, but i think the blood times might hurt more bc his tank is a major advantage especially internationally

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT