ADVERTISEMENT

NOVA: The Invisible Universe Revealed - the Hubble Telescope (link)

Michael.Felli

Mar 19, 2013
Twenty-five years ago, NASA launched one of the most ambitious experiments in the history of astronomy: the Hubble Space Telescope. In honor of Hubble's landmark anniversary, NOVA tells the remarkable story of the telescope that forever changed our understanding of the cosmos. But Hubble's early days nearly doomed it to failure: a one-millimeter engineering blunder had turned the billion-dollar telescope into an object of ridicule. It fell to five heroic astronauts in a daring mission to return Hubble to the cutting edge of science. This single telescope has helped astronomers pinpoint the age of the universe, revealed the birthplace of stars and planets, advanced our understanding of dark energy and cosmic expansion, and uncovered black holes lurking at the heart of galaxies. Join NOVA for the story of this magnificent machine and its astonishing discoveries.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/invisible-universe.html

Twenty-five years ago, NASA launched one of the most ambitious experiments in the history of astronomy: the Hubble Space Telescope. In honor of Hubble's landmark anniversary, NOVA tells the remarkable story of the telescope that forever changed our understanding of the cosmos. But Hubble's early days nearly doomed it to failure: a one-millimeter engineering blunder had turned the billion-dollar telescope into an object of ridicule. It fell to five heroic astronauts in a daring mission to return Hubble to the cutting edge of science. This single telescope has helped astronomers pinpoint the age of the universe, revealed the birthplace of stars and planets, advanced our understanding of dark energy and cosmic expansion, and uncovered black holes lurking at the heart of galaxies. Join NOVA for the story of this magnificent machine and its astonishing discoveries.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/invisible-universe.html
My wife and I watched it on NOVA this past Wednesday. It was an outstanding show. It was remarkable that they were able to correct the problem with the mirror on the first try.

My wife and I watched it on NOVA this past Wednesday. It was an outstanding show. It was remarkable that they were able to correct the problem with the mirror on the first try.

Saw the same show and it is remarkable that they were able to correct the images so precisely. The new images, in focus, are remarkable and inspire the awe of seeing such amazing processes literally ages after they occurred. A great show.

Will there be a replay? Sorry I missed it. Remember that like it was yesterday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT