ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing good happens after midnight in Iowa City

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
Regrettable decisions by 3 Hawk freshmen wrestlers (at least the drinking and DUI part).

Allegedly drink, break into some homes, and get busted at 1 am while driving away. Cops found stolen property with them. Tack on a DUI change for the driver, and a charge of fighting the cops for another (Seth Gross, a key 2014 recruit).

Brands suspended them immediately. Story doesn't look good for them.

http://thegazette.com/subject/news/three-university-of-iowa-wrestlers-arrested-20150324

From their Hawkeye Bios:

Seth Gross: High School -- Apple Valley MN - three-time Minnesota state champion... won the 120-pound title in 2012, 126-pound title in 2013, and 132-pound title in 2014... career record of 153-15, including a 48-2 mark his senior season... junior national freestyle champion in 2013 at 132 pounds... two-time cadet national freestyle champion, 126 pounds in 2012 and 113 pounds in 2011.

Ross Lembeck: High School -- placed third at the 2014 state meet a 152 pounds, suffering his only loss of the season (19-1) in the semifinals... placed fifth at state meet as a junior (152), second as a sophomore (145), seventh as a freshman (135)... four-time first team all-conference... owns third-highest win percentage in school history... second team all-conference running back in football. Father wrestled at UNI.

Logan Ryan: High School -- two-time Iowa high school state champion... won the 138-pound title in 2013 and 2014... placed fifth at state at 132 in 2012, and eighth at 112 in 2011... conference champion as a freshman and senior, placing runner-up as sophomore and junior... his high school won the state title in 2011 and 2014... was named Team MVP as a junior and senior... holds school record for single-season takedowns (267) and career takedowns (742)... school record holder for points scored in single season (675) and career (2041)... 2014 USAW Fargo All-American... 2011 and 2012 folkstyle national champion... 2013 and 2014 folkstyle All-American. His brother, Connor, wrestles at Iowa... father Shawn wrestled at Northwest Missouri State

Re: No matter what,

this is also, why i hate to see the anonymous posters of the net slam these kids just because they wear another singlet.

What goes around comes around.....eventually

Some of the best breakfasts I ever had happened around 3AM..... ;)
At least that is how I remember it.....
I agree, what comes around goes around and I honestly haven't heard much about Ed's troubles in a long time. I think Most fans remember him being one tough, talented bonus point machine. He was very impressive.

Originally posted by JoseyWhales:
Some of the best breakfasts I ever had happened around 3AM..... ;)
At least that is how I remember it.....
I agree, what comes around goes around and I honestly haven't heard much about Ed's troubles in a long time. I think Most fans remember him being one tough, talented bonus point machine. He was very impressive.
Dare I ask what was on the menu?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT