ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA let's Harbaugh skate

And this annoys and upsets you? Where have you been during the last 30 or 40 NCAA Investigations when their 🔥 breathing, cut throat, crack investigators rained hell fire and brimstone down on rules violators? Paper tigers have more bite.

Jumping crap on a cracker. For the love of God Jimmy just come clean and admit it wasn’t a cheeseburger. Instead you bought tacos for illegal immigrants at an NCAA tournament game. The suits in Indy will drop this like a hot potato, and give you their Humanitarian of the Year Award.

the silly part is that it's obvious the ncaa leaked the 4 game suspension story right before bigten media days, and now the same ncaa is leaking that they refused to accept the 4 game suspension deal...lol, can't make this stuff up

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Penn State unintentionally killed the NCAA...this isn't at surprising. The NCAA has no real power.

If, and that’s a really, really, really huge if, the NCAA does impose a harsher penalty on Jimmy and UM he’s just going to pull a Pete Carroll and bolt to the NFL. Thus thumbing (or should I say picking) his nose at them.
Unfortunately for him, the NFL may have strict rules that prohibit pale skinned, flabby chested coaches from going shirtless at practice. Which as a devout semi nudist he will assuredly violate. The saga that is Jimmy never disappoints.

And this annoys and upsets you? Where have you been during the last 30 or 40 NCAA Investigations when their 🔥 breathing, cut throat, crack investigators rained hell fire and brimstone down on rules violators? Paper tigers have more bite.
Uh yes. I have a problem with the NCAA hammering PSU over something which it admitted was outside the scope of its authority but giving free passes for violations within the scope of its authority. But hey that’s just me I guess and it does involve Michigan and Harbaugh so hey “nothing to see here”.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Uh yes. I have a problem with the NCAA hammering PSU over something which it admitted was outside the scope of its authority but giving free passes for violations within the scope of its authority. But hey that’s just me I guess and it does involve Michigan and Harbaugh so hey “nothing to see here”.
Penn State literally gave permission for the NCAA to penalize us. They now have zero authority. Which isn't a bad thing. Harbaugh should probably be penalized but as long as the NCAA exists nothing real will happen.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Penn State literally gave permission for the NCAA to penalize us. They now have zero authority. Which isn't a bad thing. Harbaugh should probably be penalized but as long as the NCAA exists nothing real will happen.
So if I go down to the police station and give them permission to arrest me even though I haven’t done anything arrest worthy, they should still arrest me?

So if I go down to the police station and give them permission to arrest me even though I haven’t done anything arrest worthy, they should still arrest me?
Those situations aren't comparable. The NCAA wanted to sanction us for public relations were we agreed. Michigan basically told them no which is how any strong leader would handle it. Arresting you would be pointless because that's meaningless unless convicted.

Any rational person realizes that PSU was royally screwed by the NCAA for things outside their purview of authority. But honestly, we really helped them grease the wheels with the BOT’s venality.

As you know, universities such OSU, MSU and UM paid attention, and adopted an FU philosophy towards the NCAA and proved what a paper tiger it really is. How about the ZEN defense offered by UNC? Yeah we let our athletes take phony classes, but we also allow regular students to participate. So F off it isn’t a NCAA violation. Were those positions morally or ethically correct? Of course not, but they worked. I often wonder if had we acted similarly how much of the internal upheaval, and outside perception of PSU would have been altered. And secondly, would our indignation towards others acting similarly be reduced. Life is funny that way.

Now you contend because we were screwed, you want a gutless bunch of empty suits to muster the courage to punish someone else with actual consequences? It would be personally rewarding for any PSU grad, but I believe that’s truly a hopeless quest. You have a valid right and reason to be angry. Unfortunately in the house of ever changing mirrors known as college athletics, and supervised by the NCAA, wrongs rarely have an equivalent right.

Those situations aren't comparable. The NCAA wanted to sanction us for public relations were we agreed. Michigan basically told them no which is how any strong leader would handle it. Arresting you would be pointless because that's meaningless unless convicted.
To the contrary, those situations are perfectly comparable. You are right that the NCAA’s conduct regarding PSU ultimately resulted in it becoming completely ineffectual.

Any rational person realizes that PSU was royally screwed by the NCAA for things outside their purview of authority. But honestly, we really helped them grease the wheels with the BOT’s venality.

As you know, universities such OSU, MSU and UM paid attention, and adopted an FU philosophy towards the NCAA and proved what a paper tiger it really is. How about the ZEN defense offered by UNC? Yeah we let our athletes take phony classes, but we also allow regular students to participate. So F off it isn’t a NCAA violation. Were those positions morally or ethically correct? Of course not, but they worked. I often wonder if had we acted similarly how much of the internal upheaval, and outside perception of PSU would have been altered. And secondly, would our indignation towards others acting similarly be reduced. Life is funny that way.

Now you contend because we were screwed, you want a gutless bunch of empty suits to muster the courage to punish someone else with actual consequences? It would be personally rewarding for any PSU grad, but I believe that’s truly a hopeless quest. You have a valid right and reason to be angry. Unfortunately in the house of ever changing mirrors known as college athletics, and supervised by the NCAA, wrongs rarely have an equivalent right.
The biggest difference was the sports media who had been looking to destroy Joe for three decades. The media is not to be trusted. They choose what they want to cover and report what they want to report.

The biggest difference was the sports media who had been looking to destroy Joe for three decades. The media is not to be trusted. They choose what they want to cover and report what they want to report.
Actually it used to be politics, but journalism is really the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Reactions: 91Joe95
To the contrary, those situations are perfectly comparable. You are right that the NCAA’s conduct regarding PSU ultimately resulted in it becoming completely ineffectual.
They aren't comparable. The NCAA can do whatever they want...especially with a consent decree. If you're arrested, we have the courts to review and make a decision. A DA won't prosecute if they can't win. We're talking about entirely different things.

It’s very rare for a prosecutor to pursue a case that he/she isn’t 95% sure of winning. But in these political trails, it’s about harming the opposition any way possible even if it means losing in court.

A legal loss is often a political win.
But even those cases they believe in the right circumstances they can win. We often see DAs refuse to take a case to trial even with public pressure to do so because it can't be won. We see pleas all the time for a fraction of what the sentence should be just to avoid any chance of losing.

They didn't let him skate, they simply didn't agree to a 4 game suspension. This is going to their infractions committee now which takes more time, so whatever punishment is coming will come later than this season. It could be better or worse for Harbaugh, that remains to be seen.

They didn't let him skate, they simply didn't agree to a 4 game suspension. This is going to their infractions committee now which takes more time, so whatever punishment is coming will come later than this season. It could be better or worse for Harbaugh, that remains to be seen.
This most likely his last year. One last run at a natty, then go pro before Allar led PSU overtakes the B2G.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT