ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland stinks, but OSU is beatable

Ohio State separated themselves after Maryland's first drive of the second half. Once it was tied at 17 did anyone think Maryland would win? Ohio State won by 20. What happened today is exactly what happens with Penn State most weeks. They have areas to improve but they won comfortably.

Truthfully, not sure how we can say Maryland's good this year given their schedule outside the 3 likely losses.
You see the 2nd half surge with most top teams - after half time adjustments - every week in CF. Just the way it is

They are 5-1. I don't know if you are overrating PSU. Who have they played this year?
We've played no one. I said earlier "no one with a pulse"
5-1 doesn't mean you're good. Syracuse was 6-0 last year and complete trash which they ended up proving. It's like the crazy people here claiming West Virginia is good.

We've played no one. I said earlier "no one with a pulse"
5-1 doesn't mean you're good. Syracuse was 6-0 last year and complete trash which they ended up proving. It's like the crazy people here claiming West Virginia is good.
"Good" is a very subjective word. A 5-1 record means the team was better than 5 of the 6 teams they have played. That would fit many definitions of good.

"Good" is a very subjective word. A 5-1 record means the team was better than 5 of the 6 teams they have played. That would fit many definitions of good.
Do you want reminded who they played. Most teams are better than those 5 and many of them aren't good.
Again, there's a reason they were unranked at 5-0.

Do you want reminded who they played. Most teams are better than those 5 and many of them aren't good.
Again, there's a reason they were unranked at 5-0.
We could go on and on. The point is they beat all 5, so their ceiling was not established by those games. They played OSU even for 2 1/2 quarters in Columbus. Wait until you play MD, they could surprise you.

We could go on and on. The point is they beat all 5, so their ceiling was not established by those games. They played OSU even for 2 1/2 quarters in Columbus. Wait until you play MD, they could surprise you.
And if Penn State and Michigan beat Maryland by 20 points then you'll realize they aren't good?
Look at their schedule. I really thought it was only the idiots here that couldn't actually analyze a record to determine how much value it has.

Didn’t read through the thread to see if it was already mentioned, but I’ve read that Ohio State okayed without their #1 RB.

Some teams can hang for a half. Certainly not all. No, Indiana is not a good team, but where did they do their hanging? Don't make proclamations about PSU until you play somebody. You'll know in 2 weeks, certainly not next week.
That Notre Dame win is looking less impressive each week especially since they should have lost last week too.

Reactions: SR108
I think the OL is a major contributor to any QB issues. It isn't awful, but it looks similar to most PSU OLs over the last few decades, and that isn't a compliment. It's certainly not a unit that can control the LOS against better teams, and that's unusual m
I don't think that Penn State has played a team of ND's caliber nor probably Maryland's. JMO.
How good is Louisville?

The fun part about all of this board jawing ...... it will be settled in 2 weeks in Columbus.

Yea that ND team is tearing it up against Jeff Brome.
The last 3 weeks, ND has played OSU, Duke and now Louisville. It takes a toll. They play a tough schedule. PSU had a bye this week. Who are they playing next week?

That Notre Dame win is looking less impressive each week especially since they should have lost last week too.
And are getting embarrassed tonight. Again the National media builds up a mediocre Notre Dame team.

The last 3 weeks, ND has played OSU, Duke and now Louisville. It takes a toll. They play a tough schedule. PSU had a bye this week. Who are they playing next week?
And they can’t score against any of them…I guess all three of those teams must have monster defenses.

Yea, Duke and Louisville, two powerhouses.

Yea, Duke and Louisville, two powerhouses.
In men's basketball, that would be a super difficult stretch.

In football, it would be a two-game cakewalk in 29 out of 30 years, and medium difficulty in the 30th year.

Shitty, shittier, and shittiest. Face the fact that it's a down year. Maybe Day picked the wrong QB, or maybe people finally have enough film on Day's teams, but either way last year was the best chance at winning a title and OSU couldn't get the job done.

Shitty, shittier, and shittiest. Face the fact that it's a down year. Maybe Day picked the wrong QB, or maybe people finally have enough film on Day's teams, but either way last year was the best chance at winning a title and OSU couldn't get the job done.

But he shouts intensely about Lou Holtz and they have a good WR. Automatic top four ranking.

Seriously, though, they are down this year.

I really have no idea how good PSU is this year, but I am pretty confident that Notre Dame is not all that.

They are 5-0. Each team undefeated until OSU played them. I am very comfortable being an OSU fan going forward. Good luck against Umass. Should be a real barn burner. I still think that the game in 2 weeks could go either way.

They are 5-0. Each team undefeated until OSU played them. I am very comfortable being an OSU fan going forward. Good luck against Umass. Should be a real barn burner. I still think that the game in 2 weeks could go either way.
The Umass and Delaware games being on the schedule is unforgivable.

I mean, UMass is a joke but so is Youngstown State and Western Kentucky. It's a weird attempt at an attack. I defend Ohio State all the time because they've earned it but this is just odd. Just like putting as much weight in record as you do as we all know records as misleading until you check the schedule. Louisville hasn't beat anyone...GA Tech Murray St Indiana BC and NCSU. Yikes. Well and ND now

Not if you played OSU the week before that.

The schedules are built years in advance. In my entire life, Duke has been good in about three seasons. There is no way to say that scheduling Duke is reasonably expected to be difficult, even if it is right after OSU.

The schedules are built years in advance. In my entire life, Duke has been good in about three seasons. There is no way to say that scheduling Duke is reasonably expected to be difficult, even if it is right after OSU.
To be fair they didn't schedule Duke or Louisville...just luck of the draw with the ACC

To be fair they didn't schedule Duke or Louisville...just luck of the draw with the ACC

Regardless, I don't understand the argument that having Duke on the schedule makes it a hard schedule. They are one of the all-time doormats of the P5 conferences.

It would be like a PSU fan pointing to a Temple game as some kind of major league scheduling accomplishment.

Regardless, I don't understand the argument that having Duke on the schedule makes it a hard schedule. They are one of the all-time doormats of the P5 conferences.

It would be like a PSU fan pointing to a Temple game as some kind of major league scheduling accomplishment.

They really only scheduled USC and Ohio State as potentially tough games. We know they use the ACC to get easy opponents without having to join a conference but Duke was good this year (or could have been) prior to losing their QB. Not sold on Louisville but we'll see and I'm glad they beat the hell out of ND.

They really only scheduled USC and Ohio State as potentially tough games. We know they use the ACC to get easy opponents without having to join a conference but Duke was good this year (or could have been) prior to losing their QB. Not sold on Louisville but we'll see and I'm glad they beat the hell out of ND.

Of course they jumped at that opportunity, and many schools would have. Florida State was able to use that conference to stay near the top for almost an entire decade in the 1990s. It's a bit bigger now but basically the same cast of characters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT