ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Hall

MinnesotaLion

Sep 30, 2002
Not surprisingly, Mark led his high school team (Apple Valley) to the team championship (set up as dual meets) with three (3) pins in the 8-team playoff to win their 10th large school championship in a row.

Then, Mark won his fifth individual MN state title (sixth if you count the Kentucky title he won as a 7th grader) by winning all four (4) matches via pin. The kid is unbelievable. When he wins next year as a senior, he will be the first MN wrestler to win 6 individual state titles.

I am guessing that we are third on his list (I can't talk with him since I am considered a PSU "booster", even though he goes to the same high school as my daughters). My thoughts:
UM: AV Teammates Brandon Kingsley (already there) and Bobby Steveson (signed this year), along with being the local team probably make them 1/1AIowa: AV Teammate Seth Gross (already there) along with his tight relationship with Brent Metcalf (during Mark's time growing up in Michigan) and the IA reputation also make them 1/1APSU: Former AV Teammate Mason Manville (signed for next year), along with Cael and the current state of our programHere's hoping that Cael and the guys in the room can convince Mark to head east!

Here's a link to the finals highlights - nice moment for Hall at 3:40

I'll take a kid like that any time.

I think I read that the kid he hugged is the team equipment manager and has special needs.

Hit it

Re: Here's a link to the finals highlights - nice moment for Hall at 3:40

Wait ... An expression of kindness after he wins his title instead of preening and trash talking? Doesn't seem like he''d be a fit in Iowa.

No, he wouldn't fit in Iowa, he has class.

Originally posted by CholleyVandine:
Wait ... An expression of kindness after he wins his title instead of preening and trash talking? Doesn't seem like he''d be a fit in Iowa.
Yet Tony Ramos, who many folks on here held in disdain at one time, spent a crapload of time signing autographs and spending time with kids after his matches. We have one guy who talks trash on a regular basis after matches. Pretty much all of our other guys get their hand raised and run off the mat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT