ADVERTISEMENT

local radio show last night

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
I had a meeting in Columbus yesterday so had a lot of windshield time. I spent most of the late afternoon listening to a local talk show that is normally very conservative but the host was on vacation. They had on the Cuyahoga County executive and another person who are both die-hard democrats. One is white while the other is black. It was really interesting.

• The first topic was "is Cleveland a sanctuary city". The county executive said he didn't know but everyone he talked to said no. What? As county executive, you don't know? WTF? What was clear is that both ran away from the illegal immigration issue as fast as they possibly could. This is a major losing issue for the Dems in 2024.
  • That bled into a discussion on crime. The County Exec talked about how inexcusable they, democrats, let the police department become. They both said that crime is "The Issue" of 2024. To their credit, they didn't blame the GOP gov and gave the state credit for kicking in revenue to offer higher salaries.
  • The black democrat said that he is seeing the democrats are losing voters in the barbershops. He said he's not seen people from the inner city this angry since the 80s when the steel mills were going under and Kucinich was the kid mayor.
  • both said that Biden was an deep trouble and said one of two things will happen. Biden will run with the idea that he'll step down in 2025 if he wins. Or, they replace him soon to run somebody else. They both speculated on Gavin but said he would not be popular in Ohio, which he would almost certainly lose. They were betting that Michelle Obama steps in and said that this train is already on the tracks. She checks the boxes: Obama name, black, female. Clearly, a third Obama term.
  • They said that the people in the white house are the worst they've ever seen. That the incompetence and personal agendas are crazy out of control. By that they said an executive will have a pet issue and let the country burn as long as this pet issue is addressed. When asked for examples of "pet issues" they talked about climate, trans rights, and Palestine. They said the Blinkin is running foreign policy right now with complete authority and no oversight by POTUS.

I was really shocked that they'd go on a major radio station, throw Biden under a bus, and be so bluntly honest. But I did appreciate the candor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News