ADVERTISEMENT

Liberals Once Embraced Interracial Marriages Like Mine. What Changed?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
A fine example of an intersectional collision. When you have no universal message, this is what happens.

So what happened? The left just got nuttier and nuttier.

https://www.thefp.com/p/liberals-turn-their-backs-interracial-marriage

I remember the summer of 2020, too. By then, our daughter, Harper, was 11, and our twin boys, Marshall and Walker, were nine, and we didn’t know what to make of America’s progress.

It had started to harden into something ugly. Progressivism had abandoned its open-mindedness and color blindness and insisted on the unavoidability—the supremacy—of color. According to the new dogma, only black people could understand black people.

The black NYU students who demanded they be housed in segregated dorms. The POC Berkeley students whose off-campus housing barred white people from entering. The Boston University professor and best-selling author Ibram X. Kendi, who wrote: “The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination.” And, closer to home, the white mother in our neighborhood, roughly my age, who approached me at a backyard barbecue and whispered, “I don’t know how you can raise black children right now.”

It was suddenly as though, because of my skin tone, I no longer had the right to parent my own kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News