ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle McCord calls Ohio St's last 2 seasons "complete failures"

They lost in the semifinals which isn't "actually close to winning it all"

Depends on how you look at it. Yes, it is 2 games. OSU makes the last second field goal against Georgia and they probably win it all. That is how I am looking at it.
But you're reaching to say close as you know. And I'm often accused of being an Ohio State fan because I give them credit for what they do accomplish.

OSU has won two championships in the last sixty years or so, not counting all of their Big 10 championships and bowl wins. I would dare say that not all of those many seasons in which they didn’t win championships were failures. If so, that’s a totally unrealistic expectation.

By the way, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have another “complete failure” of a season this year by those standards, because I have a feeling that they’re going to take a little step backwards this year.
A few schools could say they were close to winning a national championship or championships, but for a missed field goal last year, Ohio State would have played TCU in the championship game and perhaps won. I'm not sure any school in recent history had as many Close but no Cigar seasons as Ohio State.

A few schools could say they were close to winning a national championship or championships, but for a missed field goal last year, Ohio State would have played TCU in the championship game and perhaps won. I'm not sure any school in recent history had as many Close but no Cigar seasons as Ohio State.
Yep, those guys turn out powerhouse teams EVERY year but somehow, some way manage to throw a game away every year that they should have won or favored in. Perfect example - a 14 point lead on Georgia in the 4th quarter in last year's Playoffs and their putrid defense collapsed again and lost 42-41

I guess it must be great to be an OSU football fan, but in the back of your mind you're thinking of "how are we going to blow it," Heck, a 3 or 4 loss season would result in rioting in downtown Columbus

Reactions: john4psu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT