ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Hamler waived with heart condition

Pericarditis by itself isn't usually serious. It depends on the underlying cause; sometimes it's a sign of something more serious. Pericarditis can be caused by a viral infection. He might have to take the season off at this point but assuming there's nothing else wrong, he should be fine to play next year.

Peer reviewed study suggests the highest risk of myocarditis and pericarditis in young men age 20 to 30 after mRNA vaccination.

Just saying.

Peer reviewed study suggests the highest risk of myocarditis and pericarditis in young men age 20 to 30 after mRNA vaccination.

Just saying.
Calling Dr. Fauci…Dr. Fauci…stat.

He’s probably busy with “peer review.”

Reactions: aworsnup

Just saying.

Everyone's first thought. get well, KJ. You were FUN to watch.

Just saying.
Here we go again. OP with his everytime someone is sick it’s the vaccine thread. The odds of the vaccine causing this are basically nil. He suffered a chest injury during camp which can cause this.

Everyone's first thought. get well, KJ. You were FUN to watch.
That was certainly my first thought. I almost put this in the Covid thread, but I felt this deserved it’s own thread. Before I posted the thread, I did research to see if there was a link between the vaccine, and this illness, and dozens and dozens of articles popped up.

So sad and unnecessary.

“Safe and effective “ is a narrative. And we know how important it is to protect the narrative.

Maybe this has nothing to with the shots, but there are far too many stories like this one to ignore the possibility.

Here we go again. OP with his everytime someone is sick it’s the vaccine thread. The odds of the vaccine causing this are basically nil. He suffered a chest injury during camp which can cause this.
It's much more fun to blame everything on the vaccine. They would probably blame climate change on the vaccine too, except they deny climate change :)

It was a torn muscle. I suppose that so called hard hit Damar Hamlin took caused his cardiac arrest huh? How many more of these heart problems to YOUNG athletes will it take for you to realize it.

I found a peer reviewed study that found that getting Covid greatly increased the chance of getting pericarditis, especially in male patients.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Bull.

The actual science …. Including the actual clinical trials… showed that the vaccines create an elevated risk of heart problems.

This isn’t even debatable anymore. You can debate whether or not COVId is worse for the heart than the vax, but it is 100% been shown that the vax is causing heart issues.

I found a peer reviewed study that found that getting Covid greatly increased the chance of getting pericarditis, especially in male patients.

Pretty much everyone has has covid. Covid shots haven't prevented that contrary to how it was sold.

There are other potential sources of cardiac issues with athletes:
Banned Stimulants in many Sports Supplements

Except they didn't waive him for a failed drug test. I must add, if he were injured from a football related activity it's either IR or injury settlement. Can you imagine if a football player made a claim that the pericarditis was caused by the vaccine? That would be an interesting case to litigate given the NFL mandated the shot.

I hope KJ took the Carl Nassib approach to managing his early NFL earnings. This is definitely something that could be career ending. Sad but that is the risk that comes with the NFL. Now some players have the covid shots also causing some issues as they are the primary demographic that is impacted. They say NFL stands for Not For Long. That should dictate their approach to money management at least through a second contract or more.

I hope KJ took the Carl Nassib approach to managing his early NFL earnings. This is definitely something that could be career ending. Sad but that is the risk that comes with the NFL. Now some players have the covid shots also causing some issues as they are the primary demographic that is impacted. They say NFL stands for Not For Long. That should dictate their approach to money management at least through a second contract or more.
I also.......
According to Spotrac, K.J. Hamler signed a 4 year, $7,137,130 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $2,750,640 signing bonus, $3,685,055 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,784,283. In 2023, Hamler will earn a base salary of $1,583,245 while carrying a cap hit of $2,270,905 and a dead cap value of $687,660.

You would also be hopeful that he has an insurance policy to cover this type of thing if this is career ending. Surely he must.

I also.......
According to Spotrac, K.J. Hamler signed a 4 year, $7,137,130 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $2,750,640 signing bonus, $3,685,055 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,784,283. In 2023, Hamler will earn a base salary of $1,583,245 while carrying a cap hit of $2,270,905 and a dead cap value of $687,660.
After federal, state, and local taxes…..minus agent’s fees…..he will get about half that. Still, he should be set for life if he manages it well.

And he will probably have additional income on endorsements and such.

After federal, state, and local taxes…..minus agent’s fees…..he will get about half that. Still, he should be set for life if he manages it well.

And he will probably have additional income on endorsements and such.
He has eligibility. If he can't get picked up by an NFL team, maybe he can come back to PSU and get some NIL money.

Seriously, I hope he recovers quickly and completely. He's a dynamic player. I would hate to see his career cut short because of this.

And you got your medical degree where?

Sorry, but if it happened in camp, it's a football injury and he can't be simply cut.

Reactions: Ski and step.eng69
Sorry, but if it happened in camp, it's a football injury and he can't be simply cut.
I am seeing conflicting stories. The media said he was being "cut" but I've read other stories saying that he will be out for a month. This article is an hour or two old.

Broncos waive K.J. Hamler Monday after WR is diagnosed with mild heart irritation, expected to miss a month​

Sean Payton said Denver will look into bringing back Hamler

I am seeing conflicting stories. The media said he was being "cut" but I've read other stories saying that he will be out for a month. This article is an hour or two old.

Broncos waive K.J. Hamler Monday after WR is diagnosed with mild heart irritation, expected to miss a month​

Sean Payton said Denver will look into bringing back Hamler

Waive means they cut him. Teams can't just cut an injured player if the injury occurred or was the result of a team activity. Cutting those players requires an agreed to injury settlement, i.e., compensation, or the player remains on IR until healthy and then they can cut him.

Reactions: Ski
Literally as soon as I saw the thread a thought "War is Coming"

The two sides aren't going to agree. It's very possible that even if the vaccine causes this that Hamler's situation is unrelated. Assuming everything is related to the vaccine isn't helping anyone's argument.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

The two sides aren't going to agree. It's very possible that even if the vaccine causes this that Hamler's situation is unrelated. Assuming everything is related to the vaccine isn't helping anyone's argument.

And that's the irony of it, the people who denied and censored so much information now cannot fathom why they aren't trusted.

There are also studies that found no increased incidence of myocarditis etc. after covid infection:
https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/11/8/2219 (Study in Israel of 200,000 people found NO elevated incidence of Myocarditis from 'covid positive' people against normally seen background rates)

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2791253 (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination and Myocarditis in a Nordic Cohort Study of 23 Million Residents finds risk is higher from vaccination than the virus)
==============================
Also see this:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2805184 (Safety signal detected for myocarditis: Safety of the BNT162b2 COVID-19 Vaccine in Children Aged 5 to 17 Years)

And this:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34664804/ (Myocarditis-induced Sudden Death after BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination in Korea

And this:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2798866 (Myopericarditis After COVID-19 mRNA Vaccination Among Adolescents and Young Adults
A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35971401/ (Catecholamines Are the Key Trigger of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine-Induced Myocarditis: A Compelling Hypothesis Supported by Epidemiological, Anatomopathological, Molecular, and Physiological Findings)

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00392-022-02129-5 (Autopsy-based histopathological characterization of myocarditis after anti-SARS-CoV-2-vaccination)

https://www.mdpi.com/2414-6366/7/8/196 (Cardiovascular Effects of the BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine in Adolescents Teens In Thailand, shows myocarditis rate of 332/100,000 while the CDC claims it’s 35/100,000)

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/abs/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712 (Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning, myocarditis)

Well seeing as how injury rates are well above the normal background rates, it's reasonable to think it could be the novel shots that were forced down everyone's throats.

njiqln.png
(Expected vs observed reports of myocarditis after mRNA vaccination)

Direct Trauma can certainly cause this, but it is virtually always transient. The inflammation goes away as the pericardium/myocardium heals. Usually in days or weeks, depending on the force.
—If it is viral/vax/spike protein or bacterial Related, that’s a different issue…..as they all can cause inflammation. (Although antibiotics normally resolve the bacterial version fairly quickly.)
—Purely trauma induced ( motor vehicle collisions, helmet to the chest, etc) usually resolves over weeks.

Last edited:
From your posting history, you do not appear to have that capacity. And if you truly have a Ph.D. from PSU, then I weep for my alma mater.
My posting history? You can say that about anyone that posts here including you. You take things on here too seriously. Sorry to disappoint you but I indeed receive my PhD from this fine university and have been successful with it.

My posting history? You can say that about anyone that posts here including you. You take things on here too seriously. Sorry to disappoint you but I indeed receive my PhD from this fine university and have been successful with it.
He claims everyone else is lying about their education here when he disagrees. Not sure why I engaged. You're wasting your time as well. It's his go to.

Reactions: knickslions
That was certainly my first thought. I almost put this in the Covid thread, but I felt this deserved it’s own thread. Before I posted the thread, I did research to see if there was a link between the vaccine, and this illness, and dozens and dozens of articles popped up.
Were they peer reviewed?

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT