ADVERTISEMENT

Its Official: 730 pm Kickoff Vs West Virginia

This was a little early announcement by NBC specifically but we'll probably start to see a few more leaks occur in upcoming weeks and then an official announcement for the first three weeks of the season by the end of the month.

To White Out, or not to White Out.

That is the question.
Aye, ‘twas just contemplating that very thought. Would it be correct and proper to open the season with a White Out?

Half of the fun of the WH is the anticipation. And the two teams are usually in the top ten. WVU will not be in the top ten. And very unlikely to be top twenty five, Doubt they ‘qualify’.

Aye, ‘twas just contemplating that very thought. Would it be correct and proper to open the season with a White Out?

Half of the fun of the WH is the anticipation. And the two teams are usually in the top ten. WVU will not be in the top ten. And very unlikely to be top twenty five, Doubt they ‘qualify’.
I do hope we save the white out for a better opponent and there will be enough excitement for WVU as the opener at night without a white out. They can come up with some other theme like a teeth out. I kid but you get the idea.

Reactions: PSU621
Who did the flip- no 11? in NBC promo video— impressive— can’t wait to see Singleton and Allen and Allar and the Manny Diaz D in a hype night time home game, doesn’t have to be an official white out, will have same feel and most people will wear white to a summer game anyways . New era.

Who did the flip- no 11? in NBC promo video— impressive— can’t wait to see Singleton and Allen and Allar and the Manny Diaz D in a hype night time home game, doesn’t have to be an official white out, will have same feel and most people will wear white to a summer game anyways . New era.
Well, it is before Labor Day!

While not nearly as dramatic and visually appealing, all blue has never been tried. 🤔

And I really don’t like the term “Blue Out.”

I have to wonder if they’ve considered this.
Blue or any dark color looks better in the daytime. Dark colors in the evening under the lights look like shadows and aren’t good “show”.

Reactions: therod
While not nearly as dramatic and visually appealing, all blue has never been tried. 🤔

And I really don’t like the term “Blue Out.”

I have to wonder if they’ve considered this.
It was tried around the same time the White Out becoming a thing. It was called "Code Blue" and as Dr. Nick Rivera said it doesn't look as good.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
I prefer the Giuda version of this song.
(and original as far as I know)

Last edited:

So, tOSU/MSU is at night on Nov 11 on NBC. The PSU implication is that this means Michigan/PSU is almost certain for FOX that day at noon. Assuming that PSU will only do a Whiteout at night, then this rules out Michigan for that game.

So, either West Virginia game or perhaps Iowa for Whiteout?

So, tOSU/MSU is at night on Nov 11 on NBC. The PSU implication is that this means Michigan/PSU is almost certain for FOX that day at noon. Assuming that PSU will only do a Whiteout at night, then this rules out Michigan for that game.

So, either West Virginia game or perhaps Iowa for Whiteout?
I don't know how we do a "whiteout". Classes begin August 21st, it is labor day weekend (Sept 4th) and the game is Saturday, Sept 2nd. I think it is a 90% chance to be the Iowa game.

I don't know how we do a "whiteout". Classes begin August 21st, it is labor day weekend (Sept 4th) and the game is Saturday, Sept 2nd. I think it is a 90% chance to be the Iowa game.

Well, it seems like an easier concept than the "helmet stripe" they are going with for WVU so....

Anyway, it not anything tough - for students, they generally wear white to all the games regardless. I think freshmen will get the message by Labor Day. For everyone else, it is announced far in advance - today in fact - so it's not like they don't have plenty of time to prepare and be aware.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT