ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Minnesota on BTN Tonight (1/22)

Unrelated but I was watching Illinois vs. Purdue. Am I mistaken or is that Danny Braunagel (165) with his arm in a sling on the Illinois bench?

These guys (announcers) are like dogs on a bone with the first two matches....National title???
Gotta be talking team not individual for Desanto.

Reactions: ccdiver
Not one TD yet for Minnesota. They should be embarrassed by this effort
Which means they likely won't get one until HWT.

It would be hilarious (though highly unlikely) to see a 2-1 Tony Nelson Special and the Goofers ended up with zero takedowns.

giphy.gif

Tim Johnson desperately trying to talk Cass up. Cass wrestled like Jake Ryan there

How about the bizzare Brands video they played about Cass just prior to match? Good Lord Brands comes off like a weirdo when he speaks (on just about any topic). You need a translator who speaks "pyscho" to understand what he's trying to communicate. In regards to what I think he was trying to communicate.... "No Tom, not even close.".

Reactions: ccdiver
That was as dominating as I've ever seen against a top 10 wrestler (coming off a great result against Foley). TD, turn at will, get to 15-0, then stick, all within 2 minutes. It was like a machine.
This. I was talking to my dad after the dual last night about it. I've watched every Spencer Lee match in his career so far. Last night had a different feel to me. There was an extra level of pure brutality to it. The only thing that is comparable is a few Zain matches where he really got his bow and arrow going, but even in those he had to wear a guy down first usually. Sparks put it best: "He makes a mockery of this sport."

And y'all gotta lay off poor Cass lol. He's a great young heavyweight. He's been a top 4 guy from the moment he put on the hawkeye singlet. Not his fault he's wrestling at a time with 2, maybe 3 if Kerk stays healthy and is as good as I think he is, generational talents at the weight. He would have been must-see tv during the Nelson-Rey era!

That was as dominating as I've ever seen against a top 10 wrestler (coming off a great result against Foley). TD, turn at will, get to 15-0, then stick, all within 2 minutes. It was like a machine.
Taking nothing away from Lee, who is legitimately an all-time great:

"Top 10 wrestler" is virtually meaningless at 125. Atrocious weight, and would be even with Suriano and Glory.

McKee went 0-2 at B10s last year. Hard to imagine a guy who went 0-2 at his conference tourney being top 10 at any other weight.

Reactions: RandyL and danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT