ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

No it took forever bit I can watch it now. All the others were with in 5 min, had to wait 20 for penn state match
Sometimes for me, if I bring up the match in B1G+ early, when the countdown hits 0:00 the match won't automatically start, and I need to reload the page to get it started. Took me a couple of times of missing pieces of games/matches to figure it out. Now I do that by default.

My wife and I were discussing this during the Brooks match. He is just so smooth. We started to compare his attitude to that of Easy Ed, but, that’s not right. Ruth could lull a guy into a takedown. Brooks just works every second like a brain surgeon. Both guys are all-time greats and we are damned lucky to get to see them.
Ruth didn't lull guys, but he did make it look like he could do anything he wanted on the mat. And he made it look easy, like he wasn't even trying that hard (which I'm pretty sure was not the case).

1fa61dab-7121-4f31-b485-cdb8d2c507ae_text.gif
Typical amine match.. he gets take down in first then coasts

Big 10 wrestling should seriously consider doing 2 divisions and then regulating teams like they do in Premier League Soccer. It would create more competitive duals and more competitive individual match ups.

This is what happens if you start using soccer as a model:

I think someone on HR/GIA just posted "don't worry, Penn State will come back to the pack when Davis, Kasak, Messenbrink and Barr graduate. "
The playing field is level now, so as soon as Haines/Mesenbrink/Barr/Healey/Duke/Asher/Henckel/Ryder/Mirasola(s)/Lilledahl/Kasak/Desmond graduate…

Cael Nasdeo (remember him?) is on grey shirt this year. How good is he going to come back next year after a year in the NLWC room?

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
I'm glad the coaching staff is great because there is not much that obviously needs to be improved.

also I hope somebody gets the gusto... we have lots of guys going for it, but no one ever got it. The coaches could work on that, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
The playing field is level now, so as soon as Haines/Mesenbrink/Barr/Healey/Duke/Asher/Henckel/Ryder/Mirasola(s)/Lilledahl/Kasak/Desmond graduate…

Cael Nasdeo (remember him?) is on grey shirt this year. How good is he going to come back next year after a year in the NLWC room?

Nasdeo is growing and may struggle to find his way into the lineup with Davis, Nagao, and Lilledahl at 125 and 133.

Last edited:
Ok MM in perspective: Not including PSU freshman under Cael. Who in the last ten years came on to the scene and by this point in their freshman year had as much upside ? I got:
Spencer Lee
KOT (kinda he got third in 2021)
Gable S.
Hayden Hidlay was undefeated going into March
Kemdog had a great freshman run
Zahid was the one seed as a redshirt freshman
Its a short list did I miss anyone?

Ok MM in perspective: Not including PSU freshman under Cael. Who in the last ten years came on to the scene and by this point in their freshman year had as much upside ? I got:
Spencer Lee
Gable S.
I thought AJ was gonna be a 4 timer 🤣

Reactions: RB-Old
Spencer Lee
Gable S.
It’s a short list did I miss anyone?
Crookham

Spencer Lee
Gable S.
It’s a short list did I miss anyone?
MM’s style seems custom made for our team 😃

Reactions: Ski
I think Mitch is a top 10 wrestler in the country right now. I'll accept looking stupid for the rest of the year for saying that.

He'll prove it in March.
Top 10? WTH are you watching? IMO he has shown he belongs in the AA conversation nearly a month ago. Very soon all will be saying top 4, and yes I know who the top 3 are let alone 4-8.

Reactions: ccdiver
Spencer Lee
Gable S.
Yianni (FR champ)
Lewis (FR champ)
Ford Focus (FR champ)
Fix (FR finalist)
Carr (18-1 in FR year, no tournament; won the next year)
Griffith (27-0 in FR year, no tournament; won the next year)

Didn't have to go that far back -- except for Ferrari, all wrestled in last year's NCAAs.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Ruth didn't lull guys, but he did make it look like he could do anything he wanted on the mat. And he made it look easy, like he wasn't even trying that hard (which I'm pretty sure was not the case).
If he got even one hand on a leg he typically scored. I don't know that I have seen another wrestler as adept at pulling in a leg from what seemed to be a disadvantageous position. His match against Lewnes in 2010 was a great example of this.

Last edited:
Spencer Lee
Gable S.
Isaiah Martinez

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Spencer Lee
Gable S.
Others -- all wrestled within the last 10 years though some may have been FR earlier than that:
- Martinez (undefeated FR champ)
- Tomasello (FR champ)
- Stieber (FR champ)
- Tsirtsis (FR champ)
- Martin (FR champ, albeit 11 seed)
- Cox (FR champ)
- Snyder (FR finalist)
- Port (FR 3rd, 29-1)
- Dieringer (FR 3rd, 33-2, lost in OT to champ in semis)
- Gabe Dean (FR 3rd, 41-3, beat Ruth at Scuffle)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT