ADVERTISEMENT

How many commits this class?

Good question.

Brewer could end up DL. I think we see 1-2 DL added by Opening day, if certain ones are ready to commit.

I think we are okay at S. Maybe take 1 true type because one of our CB guys might end up at S anyway.

WR is a crap shoot. Staff probably wants at least 2-3 as we will likely see some turnover here. Question is, who can we get and how high on them are the staff? Are we waiting on some top 100 guys? Pretty sure 2 that we definitely wanted already out of the picture.

Most likely a 3rd LB.

RB is done. TE is done. QB probably depends on if the right prospect wants to be a 2nd in this class.

2 DTs
2 DEs
2 WRs
1 LB
1 CB
1 S
1 OL

That puts us at 24 with the current 14. And I'm sure the 14 isn't set in stone either.

-
All purely speculation. I don't have paywall info.

EDIT UPDATE: WR Nick Marsh getting crystal balls to us.

Last edited:
My friends wife has a gynecologist who’s uncle knows a guy that’s close with his neighbor who’s cousin speaks with a janitor in the Lasch building who’s co worker actually knows the guy who empties the waste baskets in the coaches office. His information pretty much matches yours. So who in the hell really knows? Your guess is about as good as anyone else’s.

Question: With NIL could you not give a player a scholarship and give extra NIL money.....thus bringing in more than the 85 total? If not, why not?

Question: With NIL could you not give a player a scholarship and give extra NIL money.....thus bringing in more than the 85 total? If not, why not?
I don't know if there is a rule against large NIL payouts for walkons but likely the SEC is already doing this. Essentially any way to get an edge is how they do it.

Good question.

Brewer could end up DL. I think we see 1-2 DL added by Opening day, if certain ones are ready to commit.

I think we are okay at S. Maybe take 1 true type because one of our CB guys might end up at S anyway.

WR is a crap shoot. Staff probably wants at least 2-3 as we will likely see some turnover here. Question is, who can we get and how high on them are the staff? Are we waiting on some top 100 guys? Pretty sure 2 that we definitely wanted already out of the picture.

Most likely a 3rd LB.

RB is done. TE is done. QB probably depends on if the right prospect wants to be a 2nd in this class.

2 DTs
2 DEs
2 WRs
1 LB
1 CB
1 S
1 OL

That puts us at 24 with the current 14. And I'm sure the 14 isn't set in stone either.

-
All purely speculation. I don't have paywall info.

EDIT UPDATE: WR Nick Marsh getting crystal balls to us.

I believe the PSU staff is looking for at least 3 WR's, and so does Rich, who is predicting 4 in his latest article on how PSU will fill out the class. He's also predicting 2 QB's, 6 OLinemen (not counting Brewer), 5 total Dlinemen (DE's and DT's), 3 LB's, and 2 Safety's. The Safety Lane wasn't on his list, but some have said that Lane might be the next commit.....

If I added Rich's list correctly he predicts 30 players in the 2024 class.

Last edited:
I believe the PSU staff is looking for at least 3 WR's, and so does Rich, who is predicting 4 in his latest article on how PSU will fill out the class. He's also predicting 2 QB's, 6 OLinemen (not counting Brewer), 5 total Dlinemen (DE's and DT's), 3 LB's, and 2 Safety's. The Safety Lane wasn't on his list, but some have said that Lane might be the next commit.....

If I added Rich's list correctly he predicts 30 players in the 2024 class.

That is 13+. They are still pushing for another cb. I think the Fitz podcast said 4 DTs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT