ADVERTISEMENT

How Long Until Ironbird Gets Banned

How long until Ironbird posts something that results in the banhammer?

• Let’s see…today is Thanksgiving…. so then one day.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Within a week

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • I give it a month

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Pretty sure he’s already banned.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • February 9th

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Never; he’ll behave himself over here and it will cause him to turn over a new leaf on GIA too.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • March 22nd

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • 2/18/24

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
LOL, wanted to just stay on my own original thread and NOT post anywhere else. Saw this and had to look/laugh.

Maybe start a thread asking how many threads will be started due to SIR IRON???

Reactions: mcpat
Banning? That's not "what we do".

Ironbird is an acquired taste, even for his GIA brethren, much like limburger cheese. He is both hyperbolic and foolish, with nearly all of his posts not withstanding the test of time. There is the Penn State way and the Iowa way, with nearly every post, he exemplifies the later.

its nice to see some weirdos on here once in a while!
giphy.gif

LOL, wanted to just stay on my own original thread and NOT post anywhere else. Saw this and had to look/laugh.

Self love in your case means you love the iron bird! Go for it!

Banning? That's not "what we do".

Ironbird is an acquired taste, even for his GIA brethren, much like limburger cheese. He is both hyperbolic and foolish, with nearly all of his posts not withstanding the test of time. There is the Penn State way and the Iowa way, with nearly every post, he exemplifies the later.

rhino-pooping.gif

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel

You're message board persona reminds me so much of one of my best friends.

He's a total idiot, bombastic, arrogant, is entrenched in his abhorrent opinions, close minded, often obnoxious, and certainly oblivious to it all. The eye roll is the go-to for all that are his friends, his kids and especially his wife. But he's really loyal and fun, does not have a thin skin and is never absent. He's a great friend.

So, maybe the Turd has a future here. Happy Thanksgiving.

I hope Ironbird sticks around for a while. Fanaticism makes fan sights great.
Silly nicknames and bad spelling are great.
Politics however is where we will have to draw the line.
Krailure welcomes you Ironturd!

He came in peace. He is being his old lunatic self but has smoothed out the edges a little. His question in his initial post about PA wrestling was very thorough and received some good feedback. I wonder how the cesspool will react and if he will adjust his persona over there. Welcome and this could be fun as the season progresses.

See question
I took February 9th because March 22nd (Friday of NCAA's) wasn't an option. If the capability to add March 22nd to the poll exists would you please make the modification and I'll change my vote.

I took February 9th because March 22nd (Friday of NCAA's) wasn't an option. If the capability to add March 22nd to the poll exists would you please make the modification and I'll change my vote.
Added!

Reactions: Agoodnap
This is ironbird in rehab. He will have relapses when he returns to GIA but will keep coming back to HVI. He will see the way of the great Kailure!
Sounds like that crazy but sympathetic uncle who will have moments of lucidity and semi-rational conversation that make you think you misjudged him, but then he'll break out the crazy a short time later and you're like, "oh yeah, there he is."

You're message board persona reminds me so much of one of my best friends.

He's a total idiot, bombastic, arrogant, is entrenched in his abhorrent opinions, close minded, often obnoxious, and certainly oblivious to it all. The eye roll is the go-to for all that are his friends, his kids and especially his wife. But he's really loyal and fun, does not have a thin skin and is never absent. He's a great friend.

So, maybe the Turd has a future here. Happy Thanksgiving.
This is what I would have posted in 2 words, ABSOLUTE MORON!

I put him on ignore a few weeks back. If everyone did that, he'd eventually shrivel up and leave.
The problem with that is I cannot read the rantings of a lunatic on his thread. When I need a laugh i go there.

Best just not to respond to him. I am guilty of not following my own advice, but it is fun to poke him.

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
The problem with that is I cannot read the rantings of a lunatic on his thread. When I need a laugh i go there.

Best just not to respond to him. I am guilty of not following my own advice, but it is fun to poke him.
Hey I used to do the same thing. I'd engage him and add to the lunacy. The thing is, Smallbird never changes his act. Besides, it's more fun making an a$$ out of wildturk.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
He has gotten worse and worse with his schtick. I once found it entertaining, but, it really isn't anymore. It is a complete "character" and "schtick" though. Sometimes he forgets and goes out of character and you can actually have a rational discussion with him.
Since Calvin and Hobbes and the Farside are no longer a daily thing I get my comic relief from Ironbird. But I have to agree that his schtick got old a few weeks back. In fact, I reported him a time or two for some of the accusations he's leveled against our wrestlers and our coaches. In my opinion its time for all of us to move on from him.

Since Calvin and Hobbes and the Farside are no longer a daily thing I get my comic relief from Ironbird. But I have to agree that his schtick got old a few weeks back. In fact, I reported him a time or two for some of the accusations he's leveled against our wrestlers and our coaches. In my opinion its time for all of us to move on from him.

FarSide_PushPull_1986.jpg

He has gotten worse and worse with his schtick. I once found it entertaining, but, it really isn't anymore. It is a complete "character" and "schtick" though. Sometimes he forgets and goes out of character and you can actually have a rational discussion with him.
I can't figure out if he is 12 or some delusional old man with terets

I've put a few people on "ignore" over the years--usually for a spell, and then I reset. I only have 1 now, and I don't think I'm going to reset it. I have better things to do w/ my time.

Reactions: dicemen99
I've put a few people on "ignore" over the years--usually for a spell, and then I reset. I only have 1 now, and I don't think I'm going to reset it. I have better things to do w/ my time.
You have more patience than I have. 10-12 on ignore. None to be unignored, ever. When I check for threads with new content I don't even open them if the last poster is on ignore. I'll wait until there is new content I want to read. Now, If people would just stop responding to wildturd and other jerks, the board would be so much easier to read quickly.

If you place aside IRONBIRD's absolutely ludicrous commentary, the incessant ALL CAPS, F#@k State, Krailure, exclamation point barrages!!!!! I get the sense that the guy actually is Bat shit crazy.

I worry about that guy behind the wheel or worse yet, behind the trigger out there in public. He has the temperment of a born to be road rager.

I really hope he doesn't result in one of those headlines where everyone around him says 'yeah, there were warning signs....'

PS - If IRONBIRD ever sits down and has a beer with AJ, look out State of Iowa.

Last edited:
does incessantly writing to a forum similar to talking to oneself? If so, I am trying to understand the satisfaction of talking to the 'internet'.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT