ADVERTISEMENT

HELP PAGE

Aug 31, 2005
State College
bwi.rivals.com
Now that the dust has settled a bit - hopefully - and you're all loving and embracing the new format, I'm sure you all have some questions.

;)

START HERE

It's the help page, and it has a few threads that start with "HELP:..." that can answer your biggest and most immediate questions.

In fact, I'll break it down here. Click any of the links below for more info:

- Help: Posting and replying
- Help: Embedding
- Help: Changing your signature and pictures
- Help: Your news feed/following users
- Help: Searching the message board
- Help: Reporting posts/ignoring users

Additionally, if you have any other questions, our staff will keep an eye on this thread the next few days and try to answer anything you might be curious about as quickly as possible.

Reactions: NittanyBlue92
Sorry, I posted my question in a new thread by mistake. The board tells me I'm a new member but I've been around since the Plotit.com days. I had a lot more posts than two (now five). Wondering what happened and if it can be corrected. Thanks!

Last edited:
I feel like a complete idiot. How do you return to the next topic without returning to the start of the titles?
Not an idiot at all.

I'm not even sure if that function carried over to the new board, to be completely honest with you. I have been reaching the end of threads and clicking the 'back to threads/forum' button following the last post, or at the very top, but that just takes you back to a refreshed message board page. I don't know if there's a feature to simply skip to the next in line, mostly because I think the next in line is constantly changing based on which threads are having the most activity.

Now that the dust has settled a bit - hopefully - and you're all loving and embracing the new format, I'm sure you all have some questions.

;)

START HERE

It's the help page, and it has a few threads that start with "HELP:..." that can answer your biggest and most immediate questions.

Additionally, if you have any other questions, our staff will keep an eye on this thread the next few days and try to answer anything you might be curious about as quickly as possible.

Is there a way to private message other posters? (I see there's an envelope icon under profile).

Nate,
I like some of the changes and dislike others. My main issue with the new boards is switching back and forth between boards. You use to be able to be on McAndrew's and easily switch to another BWI message board with one click. Can you still do this? The only way I have figured out on how to switch message boards is click Forums and then click a different message board.

Is there a way to private message other posters? (I see there's an envelope icon under profile).

Yes.

In the drop down box that appears when you click or tap the envelope icon, a link to 'start a new conversation' appears. Type the user names in for the participants you'd like to include (it can be multiple, if you so choose) and you're good to go.

Nate,
I like some of the changes and dislike others. My main issue with the new boards is switching back and forth between boards. You use to be able to be on McAndrew's and easily switch to another BWI message board with one click. Can you still do this? The only way I have figured out on how to switch message boards is click Forums and then click a different message board.

I sent out an email, waiting on a response for you. Would like to have it in the quick links under the "forums" tab at the top of the page, if possible.

Tom (or other mods here): Being both a PSU dad and a Cal grad, I regularly post both here and on Rivals' Cal Board (their subscription Board, because the Cal free Board is a wasteland). The Cal Rivals Board is undergoing the same adjustment to the new formatting that this Board is undergoing. But it is interesting to note that there are some differences.

One is that the Cal mods discovered that they are free to change the default descriptions that apply to a poster's attainment of various post levels. The default descriptions ("Member," "Active Member" and "Well-Known Member") are pretty boring. Mods can also increase the number of posting levels (from three to many more than three), and the Cal mods have done that. Set forth below are the posting levels and related descriptions they came up with. Several of the descriptions will likely be incomprehensible to non-Cal people, but the point is that the PSU mods could have a field day coming up with PSU-related descriptions of your own.

Andrew Luck's Neckbeard - 0-9 posts
Sean Lampley's Gut - 10-19 posts
Aaron Rodger's Girlfriend - 20-29 posts
Ron Rivera’s Transitional Lenses - 30-39 posts
Jorge Gutierrez’s Pony Tail - 40-49 posts
Nick Harris’ Heisman Campaign - 50-59 posts
Jordan Payton's Commitment - 60-69 posts
Tyler Fredrickson’s Triple-OT FG - 70-79 posts
Sandy Barbour's Pantsuit - 80-89 posts
Jeff Tedford’s Danville Mansion - 90-99 posts
Deltha O’Neal’s Hit Squad - 100-124 posts
Oski's Drinking Tube - 125-149 posts
Jack Clark's Bullet Scar - 150-174 posts
Zach Maynard's Bicep - 175-199 posts
Marshawn Lynch's Medical Cart - 200-249 posts
Kevin Moen's Forearms - 250-499 posts
Joe Kapp's Tequila Bottle - 500-999 posts
Tosh's Coffee Cup - 1000+ posts

Yes.

In the drop down box that appears when you click or tap the envelope icon, a link to 'start a new conversation' appears. Type the user names in for the participants you'd like to include (it can be multiple, if you so choose) and you're good to go.

When I click on the envelope icon the drop box just says 'conversations' and then 'view all'. I don't see a start a conversation option. Am I missing something or is this an issue since I'm on a phone and not a computer? Thanks.

Tom (or other mods here): Being both a PSU dad and a Cal grad, I regularly post both here and on Rivals' Cal Board (their subscription Board, because the Cal free Board is a wasteland). The Cal Rivals Board is undergoing the same adjustment to the new formatting that this Board is undergoing. But it is interesting to note that there are some differences.

One is that the Cal mods discovered that they are free to change the default descriptions that apply to a poster's attainment of various post levels. The default descriptions ("Member," "Active Member" and "Well-Known Member") are pretty boring. Mods can also increase the number of posting levels (from three to many more than three), and the Cal mods have done that. Set forth below are the posting levels and related descriptions they came up with. Several of the descriptions will likely be incomprehensible to non-Cal people, but the point is that the PSU mods could have a field day coming up with PSU-related descriptions of your own.

Andrew Luck's Neckbeard - 0-9 posts
Sean Lampley's Gut - 10-19 posts
Aaron Rodger's Girlfriend - 20-29 posts
Ron Rivera’s Transitional Lenses - 30-39 posts
Jorge Gutierrez’s Pony Tail - 40-49 posts
Nick Harris’ Heisman Campaign - 50-59 posts
Jordan Payton's Commitment - 60-69 posts
Tyler Fredrickson’s Triple-OT FG - 70-79 posts
Sandy Barbour's Pantsuit - 80-89 posts
Jeff Tedford’s Danville Mansion - 90-99 posts
Deltha O’Neal’s Hit Squad - 100-124 posts
Oski's Drinking Tube - 125-149 posts
Jack Clark's Bullet Scar - 150-174 posts
Zach Maynard's Bicep - 175-199 posts
Marshawn Lynch's Medical Cart - 200-249 posts
Kevin Moen's Forearms - 250-499 posts
Joe Kapp's Tequila Bottle - 500-999 posts
Tosh's Coffee Cup - 1000+ posts
Working on that stuff... Suggested something for Mike Mauti at 42. Actually, it exists. Not sure beyond that.

How about at the bottom in the 'view all' section?

If I click on view all I get a screen that says 'there are no conversations to view' (it looks like a box that would contain the list of all your conversations). No option that I see to start one. The only options that 'box' gives are to mark certain conversations as read/ not read, star/ un star, etc.

I can't find ANYwhere how to change my email address. I bet my email address with my old ISP is listed as I've checked email notifications and haven't received any. Help please!

If anyone is still monitoring this is there any way to hide an entire thread/topic. I would love to hide the thread/topic about why thread/topic view is better. I would also love to hide some of the crazy scandal threads.

Not a premium member if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

If anyone is still monitoring this is there any way to hide an entire thread/topic. I would love to hide the thread/topic about why thread/topic view is better. I would also love to hide some of the crazy scandal threads.

Not a premium member if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
You can't, but you can just skip over it if you so choose. We are trying to whittle those down though to a manageable number though now, so hopefully that stuff will be a little more infrequent in the coming weeks.

Having trouble. When I scroll about 1/3 of the way down a thread it jumps back to the beginning if I pause for more than a second. Makes it impossible to read an entire thread. Using Opera as a browser.

Also I can't click on any threads using a samsung galaxy s3. It won't alow me to click

I accidently posted the same thread twice. I went back to list one of them as delete but I couldn't change the thread title to"Delete". There is away to do it, but I don't know how.

How can I undelete someone? Is there someplace where I can see everyone I have deleted? Thanks

;)

START HERE

How are points earned? On this board, I have 1 post and 5 likes. On the Pitt board, I have 36 points and 0 likes. I haven't posted on the Pitt board. On the Rutger's board I have 0 posts, 0 likes, and 0 points.

;)

START HERE

Nate: what do those purple binoculars in the thread represent?
thanks......Tom

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT