ADVERTISEMENT

Help. Commute from Huntingdon on game day???

johnmpsu

Nov 29, 2001
EagleVail, CO
After around 35 years of staying in the same place in State College, it was sold and the new owners are charging crazy prices and I'm not willing to pay over $1000 to stay in State College for a football game. I know that's the going rate but I think it's nuts.

I found a very reasonable place in Huntingdon so what I'm trying to find out is how is the commute on game days? It appears that the commute on a normal day is around 45 minutes. How early do I have to leave if I want to get to SC around 1 1/2 hours prior to the game?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Easy peasy- you only start to get hung up in town. If you park at the stadium you will have to add time.

Reactions: WaylonJ
Folks live in cornprobst mills about halfway between Huntington and State College. It’s usually a pretty easy drive - beware snow and ice days though.

Give yourself an hour and most days you will be in the parking lot setting up your tailgate.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Folks live in cornprobst mills about halfway between Huntington and State College. It’s usually a pretty easy drive - beware snow and ice days though.

Give yourself an hour and most days you will be in the parking lot setting up your tailgate.
Did that drive to a hotel after a PSU vs Akron game during the Tony Hunt years. Cold, rainy September night. Not fun if you don't know the curvy terrain.

My dad and his buddy would stay in Huntingdon over Lewistown to save $...but they added a lot of time since we are in Cjhester County. They were retired and didn't care.

Just beware of the coal trains...first time they cruised by the Holiday Inn I thought it was going over my chest. Conductors like to blow the whistle a lot in the middle of the night too!

Went to The Friendly Tavern a few times and liked that spot. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT