ADVERTISEMENT

Has Penn State received any reimbuersement from the insurance companies?

pap17754

During the time frame of the NCAA sanctions and the pending legal battles, the alumni were assured that PSU was covered(insurance). Now that most of the legal battles are over, has the University received any of the insurance?

What deals has the BOT made with the insurance companies, to cover their failure to provide the University with fiduciary responsibilities that allowed this to happen?

Didn't the settlements stipulate no changes against TSM?

If so, can PSU collect from TSM insurers?

I don't see how

The insurers, not PSU, has to be deciding these settlements. Look at it another way, you wreck your car into someone's house. You don't get to decide what settlement your insurance company will pay.

No and they have no interest in doing so.

To much dirt would be uncovered.

The school will never receive a penny. The BOT short circuited the insurance company's opportunity and right to contest everything . Insurance companies don't just fork over settlement money. They investigate and if warranted actually provide legal support to fight rulings, claims, etc. Another monumental mistake by the cabal.

Re: Didn't the settlements stipulate no changes against TSM?

Originally posted by bdgan:
That's the intent but PSU will likely have to travel the litigation path as plaintiff before it sees any of the money. University lawyers believe that as much as half of victim payouts could be recovered through PSU/TSM insurance and that reportedly won over some of the trustees for moving forward with the settlements.

This post was edited on 3/10 9:51 PM by Cruising Route 66

Pfft. The university has had zero interest in litigation.

They aren't going to open up that window, no way, no how. If so, someone else may look in and see the elephant in the room.

Re: Pfft. The university has had zero interest in litigation.

Exactly. Yet another lie by the Board of Trustees. They have no intention of recovering this money and likely can't now since they aced out the insurance companies from the process. Just more lies from the Board of Trustees.

Lies. Lies. Lies. That's all they do. You can go back to the very beginning of this mess when they promised they wouldn't see anything before the public did and follow events all the way up through today. All they have done is lie.

LOL

Now you dun did move clean past sick-o-fant and into the world of flat out f'n liar.

Yous is one disgustin' feller....I do believe you could make a Billy Goat puke up his innards.

I know yous a whole bunch mo' brilliant n' sofisteekated then the rest of us all (cus' you dun told me so your ownself).....but yous has just become a flat out reepulseeve lyin' sak o' horsecrappy.

Now maybes you could do a hole lotta' good fer everyone....and make this ol' world a better place by yous jus' leavin'.

Cornsider that thar' .....and we'd be mighty oblidged.

WE'RE GONNA' NEED A BIGGER BAG!

th

This post was edited on 3/10 10:23 PM by bjf1984

Re: Didn't the settlements stipulate no changes against TSM?

Originally posted by Cruising Route 66:

Originally posted by bdgan:
That's the intent but PSU will likely have to travel the litigation path as plaintiff before it sees any of the money. University lawyers believe that as much as half of victim payouts could be recovered through PSU/TSM insurance and that reportedly won over some of the trustees for moving forward with the settlements.

This post was edited on 3/10 9:51 PM by Cruising Route 66
images

Why would PSU get TSM off the hook for no reason?

I assumed that they worked with TSM insurers on this matter.

No insurance company was ever going to take on those expenses on behalf of the University. IF the BOT believed that, then they were extremely stupid. But I think it was a lie/smokescreen from day one.

LOL There were plenty of reasons.....

why they used our money to protect the 2nd Mile from investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT