ADVERTISEMENT

Good place to tailgate. Mountaineers fan here, group of 4.

Looking for a good place to tailgate. Always been on my bucket list for a night game at Penn State. I know we are 20 point underdogs but will be cheering hard.
It’s Penn State. Pretty much any parking area is a great spot. You will get some idiot kids that won’t be friendly but 98% will be cordial and inviting. Enjoy the day and good luck that night.

Looking for a good place to tailgate. Always been on my bucket list for a night game at Penn State. I know we are 20 point underdogs but will be cheering hard.
Make sure you buy a parking pass ahead of time if you plan on setting up a tailgate. You DO NOT want to pay the higher price the day of the game. There are many more experienced PSU tailgaters on this board who can give you specifics regarding the best tailgating locations. Hopefully the weather is good, you arrive early and have time to also go to the Berky Creamery (on campus) for ice cream.
Glad PSU is playing an old rival.

IM fields.
Never parked there (fortunately), but visited other tailgates, and that was by far the wildest and most entertaining party environment I've been. I believe that's Lot 12. That lot looked like it would be hell to get out of.

Chumley's? Somebody had to post it.

Seriously, buy a parking pass NOW. That will determine where you park.

They have not updated the game day site since the last home game, so pay no attention to the schedule of events. You can find some good info here linked below. I assume it will be similar with some slight changes (they change a little every year). They will update it at some point.

Last year's game day info.

Beaver%20Stadium%20Parking%20Lots.jpeg

Make sure you buy a parking pass ahead of time if you plan on setting up a tailgate. You DO NOT want to pay the higher price the day of the game. There are many more experienced PSU tailgaters on this board who can give you specifics regarding the best tailgating locations. Hopefully the weather is good, you arrive early and have time to also go to the Berky Creamery (on campus) for ice cream.
Glad PSU is playing an old rival.
While the ice cream is great, do you really want ice cream while drinking all day at tailgates? Have the ice cream on Friday or spot by Sunday morning and have them pack it in dry ice to take home and enjoy. After my morning bloodies, a beer or two and whatever else we are serving that day, my next thought is never, “I could use a cone of Death by Chocolate.” 😂

First, it is a massive spectacle to experience. You could spend the entire day just walking all around and people will invite the ‘enemy’ in for some friendly jousting. Make sure to walk through some of the RV spots and see the impressive spreads of culknary delight.

Get there extremely early if you plan on being close to the stadium. And plan on sleeping in your vehicle after the game as it will take hours to move unless you get a spot near the exits. I sleep) til 4 AM or so and then drive right out.

If there is a lot of rain prior, expect a lot of problems as the fields will turn to mud. If it is bad the University will restrict some lots and things become a nightmare so pay attention to the radio and social media if the weather is bad.

If the weather is good it will be a fantastic day. WVU fans are great fun and very dedicated. I expect that some 50,000 people will just stay in the lots and watch from there.

Buy your parking pass NOW. Be friendly when you arrive. Say hi to everyone around you then if any assholes bother you your neighbors will shut them down. 99.5% of tailgaters are there to have a good time WITH you and will talk, offer you food & beer and to join them playing games.

EDIT. If possible avoid lots 33, 36 & 37. They are cow pastures a 1/2 mile away and you can't even see the stadium.

Last edited:
Plan on traffic being an absolute nightmare if you are traveling up on game day. Plan on spending several extra hours in your vehicle.
Come early. For a night game it shouldn’t be bad, just don’t show up at six and expect to see kickoff.

After the game……, nightmare!🥵🤬👿🙀

While the ice cream is great, do you really want ice cream while drinking all day at tailgates? Have the ice cream on Friday or spot by Sunday morning and have them pack it in dry ice to take home and enjoy. After my morning bloodies, a beer or two and whatever else we are serving that day, my next thought is never, “I could use a cone of Death by Chocolate.” 😂
Sorry, I am not a drinker, so I stand corrected on that recommendation.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Southern Tier makes a beer with Vanilla ice cream. Best of both worlds. It's like drinking a Vanilla milk shake.

Glad PSU is playing an old will be arriving Frida
Plan on traffic being an absolute nightmare if you are traveling up on game day. Plan on spending several extra hours in your vehicle.
Will be arriving Friday afternoon. Plan on seeing as much as I can Friday night and Saturday. Try to get to tailgate pretty decent on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT