ADVERTISEMENT

Geiger reporting that PSU PA game announcer is being replaced.

I’m curious about the recent ‘incident’ that supposedly influenced this move.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
I’m curious about the recent ‘incident’ that supposedly influenced this move.
Incident Definition when it comes to CG:

Invented and made up so I can maybe try again with my Sara Ganim attempt at my 15 minutes of fame.

Cory Geiger is a living human piece of shit. I hate his Jim Rome Light Schtick and would love to bump into him some time.
IMHO, he's got what a lot of sports talkers have and that is that they talk about stuff so much they end up thinking they are smarter than everyone else: athletes and customers together. First, don't ever talk down to your customer, which they do ALL the time. Second, we can second guess athletes all the time but don't forget they are in the arena while we are watching on out TVs while eating a grilled cheese sandwich and Campbells Tomato Soup.

tomato-bisque-soup-cooking.gif

IMHO, he's got what a lot of sports talkers have and that is that they talk about stuff so much they end up thinking they are smarter than everyone else: athletes and customers together. First, don't ever talk down to your customer, which they do ALL the time. Second, we can second guess athletes all the time but don't forget they are in the arena while we are watching on out TVs while eating a grilled cheese sandwich and Campbells Tomato Soup.

Indeed. Teddy Roosevelt said it best:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Yep. I never liked him, but the more I heard him talk, the more I wanted my right bear paw to say hello to his face. I won’t say anything that I wouldn’t say to that person’s face. People now are too used to talking into a microphone or tweeting, or facebooking without the consequences.

They need to revamp much of the in game experience. Kill the lion king. Get a new playlist. Etc
Like him or hate him, at least Guido brought something new and increased the amps at games. It seems since he left that any originality pretty much disappeared and they’ve just run the same stuff into the ground, (lion king, sweet Caroline, etc).

Reactions: Ski and MacNit07
Honestly I found the whole sound system abysmal I tuned it out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT