ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Football defeats Northwestern on Saturday afternoon

Looks like a perfect day for football!

Time for our RBs, WRs and downfield passing attack to blossom.

Sitting in my new sunroom with the 65" screen, and surround sound+ subwoofer ready to go. And the new trex deck furnished with a few cool ones for post game tailgating.

NW plays tough early, but we have too much firepower. Today we see the explosive plays come alive, to swamp a willing but outmanned NW team. How about 52-14

Reactions: Obliviax
We pull our starters too quickly for me to believe this ever gets too out of hand. I wouldn’t touch this spread especially because I expect the playcalling to be conservative. I think we play a super vanilla game plan and try to avoid injury heading into bye + UMass ahead of the big game with OSU.

Yurcich hammers the run with some play action and bootlegs mixed in. Northwestern attempts to throw it around the yard but our pass rush and secondary cause two TOs leading to points.

34-10 good guys.

We pull our starters too quickly for me to believe this ever gets too out of hand. I wouldn’t touch this spread especially because I expect the playcalling to be conservative. I think we play a super vanilla game plan and try to avoid injury heading into bye + UMass ahead of the big game with OSU.

Yurcich hammers the run with some play action and bootlegs mixed in. Northwestern attempts to throw it around the yard but our pass rush and secondary cause two TOs leading to points.

34-10 good guys.
What’s wrong with you? I have the “over” at 46, i need at least 3 more points. Please reevaluate your opinion. No negative vibes allowed.

Looks like a perfect day for football!

Time for our RBs, WRs and downfield passing attack to blossom.

Sitting in my new sunroom with the 65" screen, and surround sound+ subwoofer ready to go. And the new trex deck furnished with a few cool ones for post game tailgating.

NW plays tough early, but we have too much firepower. Today we see the explosive plays come alive, to swamp a willing but outmanned NW team. How about 52-14

I'd take 52-14 but that seems high to me. 38-7.

F7R20r3WoAEdZAh

It was important to have that methodical short yardage game to wear down the Hawkeyes last week, but I would love to see Singleton break a few today. I feel like he’s had a disappointing season so far and he needs a game like today to restore his confidence. He seems to be having issues busting through the next level of the defense, at times with just one defender to beat.

It was important to have that methodical short yardage game to wear down the Hawkeyes last week, but I would love to see Singleton break a few today. I feel like he’s had a disappointing season so far and he needs a game like today to restore his confidence. He seems to be having issues busting through the next level of the defense, at times with just one defender to beat.

Kaytron has actually been the better back through four games.

NW's run D sucks, and their athletes are no match for ours. If we can't break our running game loose today, I don't know what to think.

Reactions: ram2020
I actually think Singleton has had some big plays moving the chain by catching the football. Allen, while he’s been the better of the two on the ground, has like 3 easy drops trying to catch the ball.

I think they’re both still carving out their role - they’re both still getting 15-20 touches each a game. We’re not as reliant on them this season because Allar has been incredibly efficient in the pass game.

But I do agree that today is going to be the day they both break out. I can see the rush game going for 250+ with each hovering around 100 yards.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
One position group of note to keep an eye on today is the WRs.

Does Wallace play?
McClain out of the doghouse?
Evans finally get some snaps?

After listening to Franklin on the Big Ten network, I think we’re going to see the second team quarterback play some in primetime today. In other words, not just a pop up time Penn State wins 37 - 6.

Reactions: Thomas1945
Wow. B1G reporting a booster, who is responsible for 90% of NIL at Sparty has withdrawn support in the wake of Tucker being fired. The team was told Thursday. Dang!

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat
Will be playing it what is the equivalent of the PSU student section today…. 15-25k fans. Unbelievable. NE needs to compete in a division with Duke, Vandy, Stanford, Cal, UVA, etc… where clearly academics is paramount.

This game and the next game are all about prep for Ohio State. Which plays will we run frequently today and the week after next to fool OSU? We will hide all the plays we intend to run against OSU. We will not play those who might "trick" OSU when they come in. I'm sure the coaches are filtering every move today and the week after next through the "Beat Ohio State" filter.

One position group of note to keep an eye on today is the WRs.

Does Wallace play?
McClain out of the doghouse?
Evans finally get some snaps?

Less than 10 snaps unless he's fully ready. (Availability says Q)

Yes. Back on the field today.

Similar to Wallace. Evans has been limited, likely continues.

Yep, gonna be known as Nick Singleton Day. He breaks a couple big ones, goes for over 150 yds.

We put over 60 on NW.

Reactions: Thomas1945
Singleton in the doghouse after that fumble?

Singleton, to me, has been a huge disappointment so far this year. Only 4+ games in but he doesn't seem like the same player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT