ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus UMass

Stats don't lie... but maybe you're not aware that football games are actually played over 4 quarters, not just the first 10 minutes of the 1st quarter in a game being played in shitty weather condtions... stupid post.
What about the 1st quarter in the first 5 weeks?

Stats don't lie... but maybe you're not aware that football games are actually played over 4 quarters, not just the first 10 minutes of the 1st quarter in a game being played in shitty weather condtions... stupid post.
But our offense isn't great. Look deep into things and that's evident. Doesn't mean they can't become great but currently they're not.

Like I said, football games are played for 4 quarters. Talk to me at the end of this game... not sure why this team starts slow, but they make adjustments and score points over 4 quarters.
Lol Talk to you at the end of this game. 😆 We are playing Umass.

I'm aware it's a 4 q game, but in Penn State's last two games against Northwestern and U mass, bad football teams, we have not scored a touchdown in those first quarters.

After one quarter of play, Penn State leads UMass 7-0. Nittany Lions are on the Minutemen's side of the field as they enter the second half.

Penn State with 69 yards of total offense on 18 plays.

Last edited:
Do we all at least agree Allen should be getting more playing time than Singleton next week?

After one quarter of play, Penn State leads UMass 8-0. Nittany Lions are on the Minutemen's side of the field as they enter the second half.

Penn State with 69 yards of total offense on 18 plays.
Drew is 9-12 for 76 yds. Just nothing deep.

Disappointing--really hoping they establish the run here in the 2nd quarter.
Would really like to watch Oregon-Washington
I am watching Washington vs Oregon. Great game thus far. UW passing game is very strong and Oregon seems to be running well. 14-8, Washington leads. I don't have cable so I can only watch big three network games.

I am watching Washington vs Oregon. Great game thus far. UW passing game is very strong and Oregon seems to be running well. 14-8, Washington leads. I don't have cable so I can only watch big three network games.
Allen decided he was going to run like we should have been all year so I'm switching over. Looking forward to seeing how legit both of them are.

Allen decided he was going to run like we should have been all year so I'm switching over. Looking forward to seeing how legit both of them are.
Oregon just scored on a TD pass. So Ducks are up 15-14. Both teams have really crisp offense, of course they have excellent veteran QBs.

Reactions: psu00
Disappointing--really hoping they establish the run here in the 2nd quarter.
Would really like to watch Oregon-Washington
As the expert on football you claim to be, i would expect you would have split screen or a second tv in your basement lair.

Reactions: dswartz
Oregon just scored on a TD pass. So Ducks are up 15-14. Both teams have really crisp offense, of course they have excellent veteran QBs.
Yeah, turned it on just in time to see the Nix pass. Little risky throwing back across the field but worked out perfectly.

As the expert on football you claim to be, i would expect you would have split screen or a second tv in your basement lair.
Currently have BTN on my laptop but I try to commit to the Penn State game until it's out of reach. Wanted 21 though it was over at 14 maybe 7.

Allen is our best back--by a wide margin

Clearly the nature of our running game points to Allen and Potts. In traffic Allen is the power runner whereas Potts is quick and slippery.

Right now not enough of the offense seems suitable for Singleton. To my eye he has lost a step, and we don't have much to get him into space anyway. Why we don't do a toss sweep eludes me. Used to be a Penn State staple.

Reactions: scrivener
Clearly the nature of our running game points to Allen and Potts. In traffic Allen is the power runner whereas Potts is quick and slippery.

Right now not enough of the offense seems suitable for Singleton. To my eye he has lost a step, and we don't have much to get him into space anyway. Why we don't do a toss sweep eludes me. Used to be a Penn State staple.
I highly doubt an elite 20 year old athlete with 1 additional year in a professional strength & conditioning program and no injuries and no material weight gain has lost a step...

Reactions: Erial_Lion

I'd like to see more Pistol and under center snaps in addition to the sweeps as well. He's a downhill runner.

Speaking on this game, I'd rather seen him on the Jet Sweep we ran with KLS.

This has to be a teaching thing. Running him inside so much. Right?

I highly doubt an elite 20 year old athlete with 1 additional year in a professional strength & conditioning program and no injuries and no material weight gain has lost a step...
Teams had to account for a mobile QB last year, which changes things. Things are different so Singleton will have a different type of year. Some posters think every player operates in a vacuum.

Reactions: GSPMax
Teams had to account for a mobile QB last year, which changes things. Things are different so Singleton will have a different type of year. Some posters think every player operates in a vacuum.
We have to stop making excuses for Singleton's play thus far. He's not producing to the level of Allen--end of story.

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz
Penn State extends their lead over UMass to 28-0 just before halftime. Nittany Lions' first two drives today resulted in a a fumble and just 10 yards on seven plays but have now scored on three straight drives.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Penn State extends their lead over UMass to 28-0 just before halftime. Nittany Lions' first two drives today resulted in a a fumble and just 10 yards on seven plays but have now scored on three straight drives.

PSU is outgaining them 210 yards to 20..... And out first-downing them 15 to 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT