ADVERTISEMENT

FC: PSU opposes motion to quash CYS testimony - link

The $hit get deeper and deeper. Lawsuits can also make strange bedfellows!

I guess PSU's lawyers are finally getting around to the notion that if there were failures re: 1998 they were with CC CYS/DPW and NOT with PSU admins/PSU. PSU's lawyers are in a catch 22 right now b/c in order to defend themselves against V6's lawsuit they must argue that CYS were the ones that messed up, not PSU admins....which runs counter to the Corbett OAG/Freeh/OG BOT false narrative..

CC CYS is trying to get out of having Miller questioned under oath...hmm...I wonder why??

They actually don't want anybody, anywhere, questioned under oath.

Yep, CYS's argument to quash Miller's deposition was completely nonsensical--That the law requires confidentiality about child abuse victims therefore Miller/CYS shouldn't be sharing info/documents about his investigation, this normally may apply....... unless it's the victim himself that's requesting the deposition. PSU's lawyers called this blatantly weak argument out in their argument:

"Penn State attorney Robert Clothier, of Saul Ewing, LLP, disagreed.

“The very statutory provisions cited by CYS contain exceptions to their confidentiality requirements. These exceptions specifically authorize the disclosure of the subpoenaed records and information (to) the plaintiff,” he wrote. “... Because (p)laintiff was the child who was the ‘subject of the report,’ he may obtain the requested information. ...”

CYS seems quite desperate to avoid Miller's deposition and turning over of documents, they're literally throwing crap against the wall just to delay the inevitable. No judge in their right mind would rule in CYS's favor, except that it's PA so who knows what the heck is going to happen.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
That little "thingie" on top of the pressure cooker just made a small "chirping" sound.
medium_PRESSURE-COOKER-240.jpg

Last edited:
Prediction almost guaranteed to be accurate. Five years from now (and maybe 10) there will still be parts of the Sandusky Scandal in the legal system (most likely appeals). It is not going away anytime soon.

Pointedly, I predict that if JS gets anywhere near a re-trial, they'll make sure something happens to him in prison. That will stop the appeals.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Pointedly, I predict that if JS gets anywhere near a re-trial, they'll make sure something happens to him in prison. That will stop the appeals.
I like your posts a lot and can't disagree. Your point escaped me! I forgive you for my sleepless night and unproductive day tomorrow because I appreciate reality and live there. I just find this whole fiasco to be so disturbing and fear that the sunshine of truth may never appear in this little scenario. Let us hope that the "good guys" can overcome the overwhelmingly corrupt "institutions" involved in this clustermuck.

I guess PSU's lawyers are finally getting around to the notion that if there were failures re: 1998 they were with CC CYS/DPW and NOT with PSU admins/PSU. PSU's lawyers are in a catch 22 right now b/c in order to defend themselves against V6's lawsuit they must argue that CYS were the ones that messed up, not PSU admins....which runs counter to the Corbett OAG/Freeh/OG BOT false narrative..

CC CYS is trying to get out of having Miller questioned under oath...hmm...I wonder why??

V6's federal suit says: "On May 4, 1998, the PSU detective and a Centre County Children and Youth Services (“CYS”) case worker (who Doe claims had conflicts of interest) spoke with Doe’s friend, who described two incidents in which Sandusky took him to the Lasch building, wrestled with him, and inappropriately touched him in the shower. After the interview with Doe’s friend, the PSU detective and CYS caseworker re-interviewed Doe. Doe claims that during these interviews and on other occasions, PSU investigators intimidated him and made him feel guilty for any trouble that might befall Sandusky."

https://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/13d0928p.pdf

V6's federal suit says: "On May 4, 1998, the PSU detective and a Centre County Children and Youth Services (“CYS”) case worker (who Doe claims had conflicts of interest) spoke with Doe’s friend, who described two incidents in which Sandusky took him to the Lasch building, wrestled with him, and inappropriately touched him in the shower. After the interview with Doe’s friend, the PSU detective and CYS caseworker re-interviewed Doe. Doe claims that during these interviews and on other occasions, PSU investigators intimidated him and made him feel guilty for any trouble that might befall Sandusky."

https://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/13d0928p.pdf
Why is it that PSU wants others to talk but they do not want to open up any type of conversation about this issue?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT