ADVERTISEMENT

FC- NCAA announces Oklahoma St penalties (from ESPN)

psu00

Jan 4, 2010
Typical ncaa doublespeak nonsense. It's very scary where this country is right now with people just accepting this stuff in all walks of life. So the ncaa administrator investigating Oklahoma state says-

"We didn't believe there was a failure to monitor per se"........"the monitoring was there but it was ineffective".

Say what?? So it wasn't a failure to monitor because the Oklahoma St. monitors were ineffective? I guess as long as there's a body in the seat......no matter how "ineffective" (ie incompetent) then it's not failure to monitor?

Don't get me wrong- I'm not trying to pick on Oklahoma St. It's more the complete idiocy of ncaa statements that never ceases to amaze. OSU's penalty? 1 year probation, $8,500 fine, and some self imposed recruiting limitations.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ate-cowboys-put-probation-one-year-fined-ncaa

Reactions: fairgambit
Aside from being a self-perpetuating bureaucracy....who's sole purpose is to feed itself piles of cash....the NCAA is a complete and utter non-entity.

It serves NO PURPOSE accept to propagate a stream of income for empty suits.

NONE.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT