ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Drink for Friday Night Wrestling on BTN

Drink of choice while watching wrestling on TV?

• Scotch

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Beer

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Brandy

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Bourbon

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Irish Whiskey

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Wine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard Seltzer (includes WHITE CLAW!!!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard Cider

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Something non-alcoholic

Votes: 19 23.2%

• Total voters
We have a little place in CA where I spend a lot of my time due to work. A perfect Friday evening for me is when Penn State wrestling is on BTN, it is raining outside, I have my gas fireplace going, one or two kitties in my lap and a nice mug of hot chocolate.

Was hoping for some wheat, been hooked since Wino set me up with the Larceny.

Staves you say?? A friend of mine is running maintenance at a new shop in Titusville, they make, you guessed it, staves. Thousands and thousands of staves. Was curious, how do you "toast" a stave??

I don't think Troegs makes that, but if they do, you do you.

"Preputial glands are exocrine glands that are located in the folds of skin front of the genitals of some mammals. They occur in many species, including [[Canidae mice, ferrets, rhinoceroses, and even-toed ungulates and produce pheromones."
It really pairs nicely with Fruemunda Cheese.

classic film christmas movies GIF

Glenlivet is my preference. I have developed a taste for the single malts, but I will not refuse a blended if offered.
I’ve tried everything under $50 a bottle and I think Famous Grouse is by far the best in that category. Monkey Shoulder is prob my runner-up in the “cheap” scotch contest.

One of the many Sherry Cask Single malt scotches is preferred. Try Glendronach or Bunnahabhain and you will not be disappointed.

Reactions: 82bordeaux

"Preputial glands are exocrine glands that are located in the folds of skin front of the genitals of some mammals. They occur in many species, including [[Canidae mice, ferrets, rhinoceroses, and even-toed ungulates and produce pheromones."
spelling not my strong suit, hence PSU Engineer
Perpetual

Was hoping for some wheat, been hooked since Wino set me up with the Larceny.

Staves you say?? A friend of mine is running maintenance at a new shop in Titusville, they make, you guessed it, staves. Thousands and thousands of staves. Was curious, how do you "toast" a stave??
This guy knows his stuff. He gives a good explanation.

Last edited:

Gives new meaning to having a drink "on the rocks".

I spent years trying to fall in love with scotch and bourbon. Just couldn't do it. Only vodka, gin, and tequila. My tastes go to exotic beer, and what Shangy's in Emmaus sells.

Reactions: mcpat
Same with me. The last time I enjoyed scotch and bourbon I was about 14 yo. Had enough for a lifetime that night.
That was my problem too. Last time I got drunk was on Fleishmann whiskey after my last final. It took me years to even do shots again.

Same with me. The last time I enjoyed scotch and bourbon I was about 14 yo. Had enough for a lifetime that night.
I hear you! I just started to be able to drink gin and get a taste for it... after 40 years of an 'episode' with a girlfriend where she did get sick and I was on the brink for a long time - especially the next morning :)

That was my problem too. Last time I got drunk was on Fleishmann whiskey after my last final. It took me years to even do shots again.
That was my problem with ToKillYa. Spent one night on a TDY drinking it with a Mexican American Airman. Never again. Now just the smell of it makes my stomach try to climb out of my throat.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
If I'm not drinking Labatts Blue Light or Yueling Lite and go for a cocktail. I'm a Scotch guy.
I'm a Single Malt guy. Glenfiddich, Glenlevit or Macallan. Last year I won a 2018 Rare Cask Macallan bottle that I have not open. Its selling for about 1000 on line. Maybe one day I'll have to try it.😏
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
I like all the whiskeys. Rye the most of late, but scotch, bourbon, japanese, irish, etc also great. Love a great pricey bottle with tons of balance or unique character, but I’ll have a Jameson or even a Jim Beam and not complain.

And fresh, good pilsners—Boal City Brewing has an excellent one, and New Trail cans a few I like. Peroni isn’t bad—and Miller Light in a pinch hasn’t killed me yet.

Last edited:
Former US Navy sailor, so the answer got to be Free!!!

If I'm buying Bourbon. Jim, Jack, anything

Reactions: mcpat
A very high recommendation for those of you willing to try a mix drink with no mixers.
Teddy Roosevelt favorite drink;
Equal parts:
Jack Daniels and di Amore Ammerato
Pour over ice.: Stir
In Teddy's day it was called a Mule Kick. 🥃
It's been my National Title celebration drink.

Obviously you can sub different Whiskey and Ameratto,but don't go cheap 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: Verolion and mcpat
If you have a guest who loves his vodka with twist lemon on ice, any recommendations? Familiar with the usual big names: Grey Goose,etc but any equivalent good tasting option at lower price?

If you have a guest who loves his vodka with twist lemon on ice, any recommendations? Familiar with the usual big names: Grey Goose,etc but any equivalent good tasting option at lower price?
Try Wheatley's. You will not be disappointed!! One thing though, don't let the price scare you away. Made by Harlen Wheatley, Buffalo Trace Distillery's Master Distiller. It is distilled 10 times and is one of the best Vodkas out there at any price.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
I find Luksusowa to be good at a lower price. And I know Russians who actually drink Russian Standard.

If you want a lemon vodka drink and want to take the effort in making it try Limoncello. My wife makes it from scratch before the Christmas Season. We typically buy cheap gluten free vodka (Nikolai ect). Find a recipe and follow .Cover for a couple of weeks until firmettes ?, strain, and keep it in freezer. Buy 4 oz self sealing flip top containers and give them as Christmas token gifts.
I live in Italian community, Roseto.
It's homemade wine all year and Limoncello on holidays.
Last year we made with better vodka and I didn't think it made a difference.

Last edited:
Reyka vodka is outstanding at $20.99. And it is from Iceland. Should be the official Vodka of this forum!

Try Wheatley's. You will not be disappointed!! One thing though, don't let the price scare you away. Made by Harlen Wheatley, Buffalo Trace Distillery's Master Distiller. It is distilled 10 times and is one of the best Vodkas out there at any price.
Actually the last time we went to buy Tito's (that or Stoli are our go-to's) the clerk at state store turned us towards Wheatley. Good call indeed.

Last edited:
A very high recommendation for those of you willing to try a mix drink with no mixers.
Teddy Roosevelt favorite drink;
Equal parts:
Jack Daniels and di Amore Ammerato
Pour over ice.: Stir
In Teddy's day it was called a Mule Kick. 🥃
It's been my National Title celebration drink.

Obviously you can sub different Whiskey and Ameratto,but don't go cheap 😏
Don't go cheap? Does it get any cheaper than JD?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT