ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN should hire Tucker Carlson to do Sat night play by play

PennSt8er

Aug 16, 2001
Imagine Tucker doing the game broadcast of UGA-Bama.
Justin Tucker Sport GIF by Baltimore Ravens
Tucker Carlson Wtf GIF

• Haha
Reactions: bourbon n blues
Actually, the fact that Don Lemon (who was almost as loose with the facts as Carlson, but instead on the far left at CNN) was also let go today gives me pause that there may be a flicker of hope that objective journalism isn't completely a thing of the past.
The blurring of "news", "journalism", "facts", and "opinion" is frightening. I get my info by flipping between Fox and CNN both online and on tv. Constantly, All day.

Somewhere in there is the truth...but you've got to put in the work to find it (or at least assemble what you think the truth is in order to form an opinion).

Reporting on others' reports and sharing your opinions about them isn't news. It is ironic that both got walked on the same day.

If one were to translate this post, it would be "I want to make a purely political post even though I know it is against the board rules." Then you will have someone on the other side that thinks they should respond with something about Don Lemon or something. To me it's like a child trying to get away with something on a technicality like tying the post to ESPN.

The blurring of "news", "journalism", "facts", and "opinion" is frightening. I get my info by flipping between Fox and CNN both online and on tv. Constantly, All day.

Somewhere in there is the truth...but you've got to put in the work to find it (or at least assemble what you think the truth is in order to form an opinion).

Reporting on others' reports and sharing your opinions about them isn't news. It is ironic that both got walked on the same day.
Why would anyone subject themselves to news constantly all day like that? There's being aware of current events, and then there's going overboard.

Here's one for the board to check out - https://ground.news/
I just came across it yesterday and it shows the "lean" of news stories and allows you to choose which source you'd like to read from. Don't know much about it but looks interesting at least.

It’s CNBC and Fox Business for me. They are more truthful since investors want facts. Yet both have have their own biases.

What if Lemon and Tucker could find somewhere to host a Shannon and Skip like debate show. Straight Gold!!!

If one were to translate this post, it would be "I want to make a purely political post even though I know it is against the board rules." Then you will have someone on the other side that thinks they should respond with something about Don Lemon or something. To me it's like a child trying to get away with something on a technicality like tying the post to ESPN.
BINGO.

Tucker working for Disney 😂 I mean the biggest stock share holder for dominon voting and Fox News is blackrock, so they sued themselves, so anything’s possible.

if one were to ask the original poster, it was a weak attempt at sarcasm and also something i could see boosting ratings for the network that has been losing viewership. i don't post politics here. no point to that. we are all friends in the end and this politics-media bullzhhhit spin of us vs them has to stop. it's dumb to be so divisive all the time.

You will not get the truth from those sources.

ALL US Politicians need to be in a 2 term limit.. The US is falling fast.. Speaking Chinese or using the yuen wasn't in my long-term plans

Why would anyone subject themselves to news constantly all day like that? There's being aware of current events, and then there's going overboard.

Here's one for the board to check out - https://ground.news/
I just came across it yesterday and it shows the "lean" of news stories and allows you to choose which source you'd like to read from. Don't know much about it but looks interesting at least.
As a high school Social Studies teacher- mostly of non American/European history for the past 11 years- I had been in the habit of looking at headlines and then world news specific to the regions we were covering- mostly on ABCs site b/c that was my go to local tv news so occasionally I'd watch David Muir.

The 2015 primaries were a game changer in terms of needing to be as informed as I could be about domestic election news for both personal knowledge and work too- and CNN/Fox are the yin/yang of our political world. I did have 2 sections of American Studies in 2015/16. Unfortunately that tide of political information/misinformation hasn't changed so my habits haven't either.

One of the best compliments I've ever received was from a student that I had during the 2020 election cycle. Her father is a local person who is great friends with my sister, who was visiting. When asked how I was as a teacher she said " He tries to make the textbook stuff real by connecting to current events- but he doesn't really share his opinion- I have no idea who he voted for." As it should be. I do teach the kids that "you are what you eat" in news media, and often we examined how different stories/events were covered by different outlets- or in some cases not covered at all. I think that skill is critical in this day and age.

It is a torturous trek watching those 2 networks, maybe the source suggested above could help calm my nerves a bit. However, some of the partisan stuff that shows up on both CNN/Fox has to be seen, if one is trying to understand others' views.

Happily I was moved out of Social Studies this year back into the Business Department where I had spent 5 years at the start of my 2nd career, so the work aspect is in a much more comfortable news cycle than politics.

I appreciate the link and will check it out.

Wow --- you really are out there in left field. But thanks for the (inaccurate) analysis.

ALL US Politicians need to be in a 2 term limit.. The US is falling fast.. Speaking Chinese or using the yuen wasn't in my long-term plans
You may or may not be aware that "we the people" aren't the ones who make that decision --- Congress itself does. And they like it just the way it is. I agree with you that this issue is a huge reason why our politicians are failing us --- for most of them it's about getting re-elected, not governing with common sense, honesty, and integrity. They also determine their own salaries, healthcare benefits and pension plans. This is NOT what our forefathers had in mind.

Reactions: indynittany
Actually, the fact that Don Lemon (who was almost as loose with the facts as Carlson, but instead on the far left at CNN) was also let go today gives me pause that there may be a flicker of hope that objective journalism isn't completely a thing of the past.
Carlson never claimed to be an objective journalist….he was an opinion guy (like Rush Limbaugh). Lemon claimed to be objective, but that was a joke. And unfortunately, objective journalism is dead and is never coming back.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Carlson never claimed to be an objective journalist….he was an opinion guy (like Rush Limbaugh). Lemon claimed to be objective, but that was a joke. And unfortunately, objective journalism is dead and is never coming back.
I agree re "objectivity", advertising supported mediums always have a profit motive and can be prone to bias.

The Ground.News link that 48-14 recommended was great. Multiple versions of the same story with a Liberal to Conservative slant scale so you can pick whichever flavor you like. They also show total stats by story and outlet. Now exactly who is doing the ratings and how objective are they? Is worth considering- but one can judge that for themselves.

I never look at MSNBC or Brietbart...but can easily see their versions on Ground.

Great recommendation...thanks again.

I agree re "objectivity", advertising supported mediums always have a profit motive and can be prone to bias.

The Ground.News link that 48-14 recommended was great. Multiple versions of the same story with a Liberal to Conservative slant scale so you can pick whichever flavor you like. They also show total stats by story and outlet. Now exactly who is doing the ratings and how objective are they? Is worth considering- but one can judge that for themselves.

I never look at MSNBC or Brietbart...but can easily see their versions on Ground.

Great recommendation...thanks again.
The first news channel that comes along and just gives the story with no “opinion” will likely clean house in the ratings.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT