ADVERTISEMENT

Erial Lion; Carey Booth status?

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007
Erial, you are super dialed in and knowledgeable about PSU hoops. Any update or insight on Carey Booth? When does he realistically need to make a decision? Maybe he has and I missed it? Thank you.

Erial, you are super dialed in and knowledgeable about PSU hoops. Any update or insight on Carey Booth? When does he realistically need to make a decision? Maybe he has and I missed it? Thank you.
I'm not Erial but last I saw there was an official visit scheduled for ND either this weekend or next. The Magic 8 Ball not likely in our favor...but who knows???

Reactions: bison13
I have no info/insight...I'd assume he'll be going elsewhere; I'm sure that PSU being his dad's alma mater helped us get a foot in the door, but I'd theorize that his ties to Micah are tighter than his ties to PSU itself (not to mention that his profile has been on an upward trajectory, so I'm sure that his options of where to head are growing).

I agree unfortunately. A bit surprised he has not committed to ND but as you say who knows there may be a stronger program that will snatch him.

Okay, put Booth aside. Chances both Mahaffey and Njie stay or one of them and we get the VCU F DeLoach to transfer to PSU?

I agree unfortunately. A bit surprised he has not committed to ND but as you say who knows there may be a stronger program that will snatch him.

Okay, put Booth aside. Chances both Mahaffey and Njie stay or one of them and we get the VCU F DeLoach to transfer to PSU?
I think Deloach is taking more visits. Rhoades is probably trying to hold a scolly for him but windows are closing.

I think Deloach is taking more visits. Rhoades is probably trying to hold a scolly for him but windows are closing.
Isn't the scholarship limit 13? Scholarship availibility doesn't seem to be an issue. It seems that it would be a surprise if Rhoades could get to a full roster by the Fall.

Reactions: bdgan
Isn't the scholarship limit 13? Scholarship availibility doesn't seem to be an issue. It seems that it would be a surprise if Rhoades could get to a full roster by the Fall.
I should have been more clear in my sentence structure. I think the window is closing quickly in regard to Deloach. Coach Rhoades might have some more surprises coming from the portal. I had read nothing previously about PSU recruiting Hicks. Maye Coach Rhoades works low profile with portal players.

Do Kebba & Mahaffey retain scholarships/slots until they make a final decision?

Do Kebba & Mahaffey retain scholarships/slots until they make a final decision?
If it works the same as for football, when a player enters their name in the portal they give up their scholarship. To come back to the team they left a player has to be granted their scholarship back, so they don't have a scholarship once they go into the portal unless the coach they are leaving makes the decision that he wants them back.

Booth is visiting ND as stated above. Mahaffey and Njie are testing the waters right now still and DeLoach despite previously announcing a top six is fielding some significant offer$ via the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT