ADVERTISEMENT

Dems Are Reaching The Line With The American Public

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It's only a matter of time until the American public realizes the left wants authoritarian rule, and at ANY price...................

Turley nails the left again.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...aching_the_line_with_the_american_public.html

TURLEY: This is a free speech-killing indictment. There's no way around it. I write a great deal in academia in the free-speech area and I rarely seen a more chilling filing by the Department of Justice. The question that people have to ask themselves is, when is the price too high? People are obviously enraged, but what is the price too high to bag Donald Trump? This indictment is that prohibitive cost. Meaning, what they are attempting to do is criminalize what they consider to be disinformation.

And I have to tell you, this indictment is really sad moment for me. I hoped that Smith is going to indict on January 6th, that he would find unassailable evidence and unquestioned legal authority. He has neither in this indictment...

This is a speaking indictment but it doesn't say very much. It basically just says that we think Trump is lying that he actually didn't believe this. I can't tell you how faciously ridiculous this claim is. It starts up by saying, of course, you can say false things in the campaign, but then says that Trump knew they were false. Is that the test going forward in terms of criminalizing political speech?

Smith is just not only going to have to just bulldoze through the First Amendment, he's going to have to bulldoze through a line of cases by the Supreme Court...

I think what happened with Representative Goldman is that he looked ridiculous. He looked ridiculous in denying the obvious. Obviously, you're not going to sit at Cafe Milano and ask the vice president to ice-pick a prosecutor in Ukraine wedge as your order breadsticks.

The whole point of the call was to establish the deliverables for Hunter Biden. He could deliver, he was a phone call away from his father. The way influence-peddling occurs is you don't do this by committee, the fact is, you show you have access that things can be done. So the Democrats are really reaching that line with I think particularly the American public, they're not buying it. The polls show they show this is very serious corruption scandal. And indeed it is. It may be the most serious corruption scandal in my lifetime to come out of Washington D.C. and that's saying a lot in this city.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News