ADVERTISEMENT

David Paterno announces PSAAforAll slate for Alumni Council election

Mary QBA

Dec 4, 2014
Dear fellow Penn Staters,

May 12th starts the voting for Penn State Alumni Association Alumni Council. This is not the Penn State Board of Trustees; this is a group representing the dues paying Alumni Association members.

Many of us have realized that the Alumni Association can do more and needs to do more for its members, and not just serve the interests of Old Main.

I am joined by nine other dynamic and committed members in running for Alumni Council, and with your help we will work to ensure the Alumni Association represents the interests of loyal alumni. Together we will grow and strengthen our Alumni Association.

To learn more and read about our team, please visit PSAAforALL.org. Share this with any and all fellow alumni that you know want to get involved.

Starting May 12th, please vote for all 10 of our candidates:
Bill Cluck
Mike Kirschner
Toni Knoll
Brad Mitchell
Elizabeth Morgan
David Paterno
Jim Smith
Laurie Stanell
Gary Werkheiser
Susan Wilson

For the glory,

David J. Paterno
May 11, 2015

May 12th starts the voting for Penn State Alumni Association Alumni Council. This is not the Penn State Board of Trustees; this is a group representing the dues paying Alumni Association members.

Many of us have realized that the Alumni Association can do more and needs to do more for its members, and not just serve the interests of Old Main.

I am joined by nine other dynamic and committed members in running for Alumni Council, and with your help we will work to ensure the Alumni Association represents the interests of loyal alumni. Together we will grow and strengthen our Alumni Association.

To learn more and read about our team, please visit PSAAforALL.org. Share this with any and all fellow alumni that you know want to get involved.

Bill Cluck
Mike Kirschner
Toni Knoll
Brad Mitchell
Elizabeth Morgan
David Paterno
Jim Smith
Laurie Stanell
Gary Werkheiser
Susan Wilson

For the glory,

David J. Paterno
May 11, 2015
OK< How do we get a ballot? Will they be sent via email?

Reactions: Mary QBA
OK< How do we get a ballot? Will they be sent via email?

From the PSAAforAll web site:

"According to the Penn State Alumni Association: “Any alumni member of the Alumni Association for whom we have an email address is eligible to vote. If you do not receive our monthly e-newsletter AlumnInsider or emails about our events and programs, we probably do not have your email address on file. You can add or update your email address—or other information such as your street mailing address—online.” Voting information and ballots will be sent when voting opens on May 12 to all alumni members of the Alumni Association for whom we have an email address."

If you are an member of the Alumni Association, you should be receiving by e-mail AlumnInsider, or e-mails about AA events and programs. If you are a member (which you have to be to vote for Alumni Council), but aren't receiving the aforementioned, you can update your e-mail info with the PSAA at THIS LINK (or you can call them at 800-548-LION (5466), option 2).

Ballots were released a couple of hours ago (at least that's when I got mine).

Bill Cluck
Mike Kirschner
Toni Knoll
Brad Mitchell
Elizabeth Morgan
David Paterno
Jim Smith
Laurie Stanell
Gary Werkheiser
Susan Wilson

For the glory,

David J. Paterno
May 11, 2015

Submitted my vote for the PSAAforALL.org candidates.

Bill Cluck
Mike Kirschner
Toni Knoll
Brad Mitchell
Elizabeth Morgan
David Paterno
Jim Smith
Laurie Stanell
Gary Werkheiser
Susan Wilson

For the glory,

David J. Paterno
May 11, 2015
It's a shame the entire 2011 Board of Trustees were not as curious, engaged or as judicious as the current alumni - elected trustees. This underscores how important it is to have effective alumni involved in these processes.

The support here is wonderful. This election is so important. The alumni council is going the way of the Old Guard trustees, insular and self perpetuating. Their bylaw changes that prevent the alumni association members from self nominating or even collecting 50 signatures from their fellow alumni association members to get onto the ballot is just terrible. Shamefully "Some AC incumbent candidates seem to feel it's 'no big deal' about the bylaw changes..." How can this be a good thing? One incumbent even continues to support their actions because they were in majority of the vote. I guess it was too hard to stand up for the rights of the alumni association members and stand in the minority.

Reactions: simons96

Bill Cluck
Mike Kirschner
Toni Knoll
Brad Mitchell
Elizabeth Morgan
David Paterno
Jim Smith
Laurie Stanell
Gary Werkheiser
Susan Wilson

For the glory,

David J. Paterno
May 11, 2015
Done - Thanks to all for your efforts to reclaim our university.

The support here is wonderful. This election is so important. The alumni council is going the way of the Old Guard trustees, insular and self perpetuating. Their bylaw changes that prevent the alumni association members from self nominating or even collecting 50 signatures from their fellow alumni association members to get onto the ballot is just terrible. Shamefully "Some AC incumbent candidates seem to feel it's 'no big deal' about the bylaw changes..." How can this be a good thing? One incumbent even continues to support their actions because they were in majority of the vote. I guess it was too hard to stand up for the rights of the alumni association members and stand in the minority.
Not to mention that the changes in the by-laws prevent a member of the Alumni Association from observing a meting.

Bill Cluck
Mike Kirschner
Toni Knoll
Brad Mitchell
Elizabeth Morgan
David Paterno
Jim Smith
Laurie Stanell
Gary Werkheiser
Susan Wilson

For the glory,

David J. Paterno
May 11, 2015

26 May 2015
Everyone,
Thank you for getting involved, considering us and all candidates, and voting. Thank you for spreading the word among your alumni friends. I look forward to working together to make the voices and goals of the individual members heard - something we can only focus - but can not do without the efforts of the many outstanding members like you.

Sincerely,

David J. Paterno, EE '88

Thank you to everyone that is supporting the slate. We the alumni need to regain control of our alumni association away from yet again another controlling "executive committee."

I want to thank everyone that voted in this alumni council election. I especially want to thank Tom McAndrew for his support here on this forum.
9 of our 10 candidates made the alumni council. Thank you all so much. And now it is time to get to work and return the alumni association to the alumni.

9 of our 10 candidates made the alumni council. Thank you all so much. And now it is time to get to work and return the alumni association to the alumni.

Great news for you, Elizabeth, and great news for the Alumni Association.

Here's hoping that many of the 9 PSAAforALL slate of candidates that were elected post on this board over the next 3 years. We look forward to reading about the issues you are facing, the positions you are taking, and how we can be of assistance.

Here's hoping that many of the 9 PSAAforALL slate of candidates that were elected post on this board over the next 3 years. We look forward to reading about the issues you are facing, the positions you are taking, and how we can be of assistance.
I found it spoke VOLUMES that the #1 name voters selected for one of those 10 seats was David Paterno. It is clear that the alumni are Roaring, but the University refuses to listen. Again, I echo Elizabeth in saying thank you to everyone who voted! We have a total of 10 of us now, who will roll up our sleeves and FIGHT ON. - Sue (Susan Beck Wilson)

Reactions: simons96

I plan to be here, Tom. Thank you for your support and encouragement the last two years! You are a game changer!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT