ADVERTISEMENT

"Coach Franklin, last yr. you said Kentucky approached the game as if it was their super bowl.

How do avoid a repeat performance? How do you get the team up against Memphis?"

I am dying to hear the answer!

Jerry Jones, THIS YEAR you said the Cowboys were a Super Bowl caliber team. What happened?

Jerry Jones, THIS YEAR you said the Cowboys were a Super Bowl caliber team. What happened?

So are the Iggles. At least on paper. What happened?

Gonna cry?

Gonna blow it out yer arse?

It's a valid concern. How do you motivate them to play a Group of 5 team in a meaningless bowl. If your underwear gets in a twist over it then so be it.

How do avoid a repeat performance? How do you get the team up against Memphis?"

I believe the coaches need to confront their mind set. They set the tone and thinking of the team. ie hunting before the Rutgers game. WHAT!!! Did this really happen? if this really happened that tells you the mind set of Coaches and players. Yep thousands of people are gathering to support the team even though they are playing Rutgers and players are hunting. Then they go out there and play like they are still hunting. This is on the coaches.

I believe the coaches need to confront their mind set. They set the tone and thinking of the team. ie hunting before the Rutgers game. WHAT!!! Did this really happen? if this really happened that tells you the mind set of Coaches and players. Yep thousands of people are gathering to support the team even though they are playing Rutgers and players are hunting. Then they go out there and play like they are still hunting. This is on the coaches.
Players were hunting?

I bet it was Micah and Wade. Those two seem like some real hunting enthusiasts. Perhaps we know why Shorter is leaving as well. Franklin promised big bucks in Centre County and Shorter has been skunked so far.

Players were hunting?

I bet it was Micah and Wade. Those two seem like some real hunting enthusiasts. Perhaps we know why Shorter is leaving as well. Franklin promised big bucks in Centre County and Shorter has been skunked so far.
The deer have a hard time seeing the brown gun stock when MP is holding it in his arms. Gives him a real advantage.

I want to see a severely lopsided game in which PSU runs them out of the stadium proving they aren't a worthy opponent...

I also want to see some new weapons arrive.

How can we accomplish a lopsided game when we couldn’t do it against Rutgers?

How can we accomplish a lopsided game when we couldn’t do it against Rutgers?
Really?

Did you miss other games during the season when PSU accomplished lopsided victories?

You're drawing conclusions from the Rutgers game where, among other things, PSU had a backup QB, and did win 27-6?

Really?

Did you miss other games during the season when PSU accomplished lopsided victories?

You're drawing conclusions from the Rutgers game where, among other things, PSU had a backup QB, and did win 27-6?

Do your homework. Although we were 11-2, 7 opponents out-performed us offensively - Buffalo, Pitt, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio State & Rutgers. (Yes, Rutgers). Our passing game is Clifford to KJ or Freiermuth. Our RB is by committee. Your so-called lopsided victories were Idaho, Buffalo, Maryland and Purdue.
I didn’t check recently but our starting offense at the beginning of the season had 1 Five Star, 1 three star and 9 four stars.

Do your homework. Although we were 11-2, 7 opponents out-performed us offensively - Buffalo, Pitt, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio State & Rutgers. (Yes, Rutgers). Our passing game is Clifford to KJ or Freiermuth. Our RB is by committee. Your so-called lopsided victories were Idaho, Buffalo, Maryland and Purdue.
I didn’t check recently but our starting offense at the beginning of the season had 1 Five Star, 1 three star and 9 four stars.

out-performed is? Like they required more yards per point scored?

When will they fire Franklin? When is enough, enough? We need coaches and players who want to win as much as we do. We want it so bad we can taste it..........that is what we're tasting, isn't it?

To become elite, you win your bowl games. No matter what bowl, no matter who you play.

JoePa was 24-12-1.....13-4 in the “majors”.

CJF, it’s all yours!

Exactly, "every little thing matters".

Really?

We would rather be 2-10 and have an offense that out gaines everyone. Its the new metric.

Wait a minute. Buffalo outperformed us offensively but was still a lopsided victory? Hmmm.

We would rather be 2-10 and have an offense that out gaines everyone. Its the new metric.

Would be hard to be 2-10 and outgain everyone, would need to be severely unlucky.

Total Yards Gained Leaders 2019
1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. UCF
5. Ohio State

if only there was a correlation amongst yards gained and performance.

Maybe it's not total yards as you have said that is meaningless as a new metric. Maybe yards per play is more accurate.

2019 Leaders

1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Clemson
5. Ohio State

Nope, no correlation again. Must just always be "Scoreboard" is the only way to measure how truly good a team is. Because, we as sports fans, never love discussing who is the best, i.e 1994 PSU was the best offense ever.

Reactions: ram2020
Would be hard to be 2-10 and outgain everyone, would need to be severely unlucky.

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. UCF
5. Ohio State

Maybe it's not total yards as you have said that is meaningless as a new metric. Maybe yards per play is more accurate.

2019 Leaders

1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Clemson
5. Ohio State

Nope, no correlation again. Must just always be "Scoreboard" is the only way to measure how truly good a team is. Because, we as sports fans, never love discussing who is the best, i.e 1994 PSU was the best offense ever.
All those teams have pretty damn good defenses too....might have something to do with their win totals and their offensive productivity.

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. UCF
5. Ohio State

2019 Leaders

1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Clemson
5. Ohio State

With the possible exception of Oklahoma, our Personnel isn't in the same catagory of any of the above.
But, I hate to but a pin in your pink balloon.
Clff or Fields....Tua....Burrow....Hurt......or Lawrence?
But yes, its all about the plays called and drawn up in the dirt.

Agreed, and the quantifiable result of those plays that were drawn up in the dirt. It reasons to be said that if you can consistently gain the most yards on a finite 100 yards field of play, that your results will be better. Other variables such as turnovers, red zone execution, etc... will impact the actual scoring capabilities but those are shared variables are applicable to all teams.
Results have more to do with talent than x and o.

Wait a minute. Buffalo outperformed us offensively but was still a lopsided victory? Hmmm.
Yes. More rushing yards, first downs, third down efficiency, total yards and time of possession. Maybe you don’t think it’s important but the coaches do.

Other variables such as turnovers, red zone execution

Now you are onto something. Red zone execution on both offense and defense are important. I hate the bend, don't break defense as much as anyone. But there is a logic to one TD beats two FGs.

Someone above mentioned we were outperformed offensively by Buffalo, Pitt, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio State & Rutgers. This is how many points those teams scored on us.

Buffalo - 13
Pitt - 10
Iowa - 12
Michigan - 21 (their lowest output over their last 7 games, including vs. OSU)
Indiana - 27 (only OSU and Michigan held them to less and they played the entire Michigan game without their best player who was injured against us)
Ohio State - 28 (lowest total they scored in a game all season)
Rutgers - 6

I guess it's no longer cool to win just by scoring more points than the other team.

I want to see a severely lopsided game in which PSU runs them out of the stadium proving they aren't a worthy opponent...

I also want to see some new weapons arrive.

Proving they aren't a worthy opponent? WTF are you talking about? They won the AAC. They are 11-1. They earned every bit of going to the Cotton bowl. Your attitude reeks of entitlement. Your attitude is why people hate our fans. You think Memphis is beneath our program. I am sure you felt Kentucky was as well. People STILL think Kentucky is beneath us despite losing to them last year. I imagine if Memphis wins you'll still believe they are beneath our program.

This board is filled with some of the worst fans in CFB.

Reactions: zubrus1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT