3. Washington
4. Oregon
5. Florida State
6. Texas
7. Ohio State
8. Alabama
9. Missouri
10. Penn State

Not sure how Mizzou is ranked ahead of PSU with losses to Georgia and LSU. I guess 6 of one and half dozen of another… PSU vs. Tulane in the Peach Bowl was a projection I just saw unless O$U gets in but FSU would need to lose to Louisville. Then, maybe the Orange Bowl…

I think Michigan will be #1. Two top ten wins. Ohio St above Oregon on better best win (PSU). No way undefeated Florida St isn’t above Ohio St and Oregon.

1. Michigan
2. Georgia
3. Washington
4. Florida St
5. Ohio St
6. Oregon
7. Texas
8. Alabama
9. Missouri
10. Penn State

Last edited:
NY6 Teams will be Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Florida State, Ohio State, Alabama, Missouri, Penn State, Louisville and Tulane/Liberty/Toledo/SMU.

NY6 Teams will be Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Florida State, Ohio State, Alabama, Missouri, Penn State, Louisville and Tulane/Liberty/Toledo/SMU.
It’s not going to happen, but an Iowa win over Michigan probably knocks us out.

Last edited:
Do you have Louisville beating FSU?
Disregard--I keep forgetting the Orange has to take an ACC team

Last edited:
Do you have Louisville beating FSU?
That is a toss up with FSU not having Travis.....I read if the ACC Champ makes the playoff, the runner up would go to the Orange Bowl which would be Louisville. How it stands right now is if FSU wins, they are in the playoff. If they lose, Louisville goes to the orange Bowl and FSU would probably go to another NY6 Bowl.

Reactions: LandoComando
That is a toss up with FSU not having Travis.....I read if the ACC Champ makes the playoff, the runner up would go to the Orange Bowl which would be Louisville. How it stands right now is if FSU wins, they are in the playoff. If they lose, Louisville goes to the orange Bowl and FSU would probably go to another NY6 Bowl.
You are correct--that's my fault. I have a mental block on the ACC getting a spot in the Orange regardless because it's the only real tie in this year (also Big Ten/SEC to Orange but that's inevitable)

That is correct...if either Iowa beats Michigan or Oklahoma State beats Texas...we are out and going to the Citrus Bowl.
I don’t think OkSt is a threat to us. They have a couple of ugly blow-out losses to nobodies.

33-7 at home to South Alabama (6-6 in Sun Belt)

45-3 at UCF (6-6 overall; 3-6 in Big 12)

While they strongly consider conference championships, I think those two losses, plus a 7-pt loss at 7-5 Iowa St, will be too much to move them ahead of us

I don’t think OkSt is a threat to us. They have a couple of ugly blow-out losses to nobodies.

33-7 at home to South Alabama (6-6 in Sun Belt)

45-3 at UCF (6-6 overall; 3-6 in Big 12)

While they strongly consider conference championships, I think those two losses, plus a 7-pt loss at 7-5 Iowa St, will be too much to move them ahead of us
Ok State, like Iowa, would get the automatic bid to the NY6 with a win. Either one of those results would push PSU out of the NY6.

Ok State, like Iowa, would get the automatic bid to the NY6 with a win. Either one of those results would push PSU out of the NY6.

12 teams go.

The G5 team won’t be top 12 so it’ll be the top 11. You’d probably need two ccg upsets to bump us out if we’re 10.

Yeah, OK State and Iowa winning is very problematic. The ACC likely has two spots locked up with the tie in. Even if Louisville wins a 12-1 FSU gets a bid so....

Locks
Louisville/Florida State
Michigan/Ohio State
Georgia/Bama
Oregon/Washington
Texas
P5

That leaves 2 bids
Missouri is probably safely ahead of us so we'd be first out if anything weird happens.
The only way the ACC doesn't get 2 bids is if 13-0 FSU is left out

I think Michigan will be #1. Two top ten wins. Ohio St above Oregon on better best win (PSU). No way undefeated Florida St isn’t above Ohio St and Oregon.

1. Michigan
2. Georgia
3. Washington
4. Florida St
5. Ohio St
6. Oregon
7. Texas
8. Alabama
9. Missouri
10. Penn State
This is how I see it too. Texas/Oregon/Bama would all pass tOSU by winning their CCG.

Reactions: mcpat
The only reason I don't think Michigan goes to 1 is I believe the committee wants to protect Georgia to keep them in the playoff even with a loss to Bama.

I also think Ohio State could stay above FSU if Michigan goes to 1. Maybe regardless.

It’s not going to happen, but an Iowa win over Michigan probably knocks us out.
Probably (though I think there’s a chance that might push us above Missouri). Oklahoma St winning would also likely knock us out.

Edit: I see this has already been discussed.

I wonder if there’s a possibility the bowls push for us to be ranked above Missouri. I think they’d generally prefer to have us than those Tigers.

12 teams go.

The G5 team won’t be top 12 so it’ll be the top 11. You’d probably need two ccg upsets to bump us out if we’re 10.
But the ACC has a Orange Bowl Tie In....so even if FSU wins Saturday....a 3 loss Louisville team is in the NY6 if an undefeated FSU is in playoffs which is likely because Oregon or Washington lose and drop next week.

So root for no upsets next Saturday. Got it.

So root for no upsets next Saturday. Got it.
You can root for Louisville
Worst case we play Ole Miss if there are upsets--we know I don't care about the bowls but that could be better than Tulane for example. Playing Louisville or Tulane is...what it is.

I’m rooting for 1 upset. Bama over uga.

If all other higher teams win the SEC MUST be out. Um/fsu/uw as unbeaten conf champs.

Texas as 1 loss big 12 who beat bama.

I’m rooting for 1 upset. Bama over uga.

If all other higher teams win the SEC MUST be out. Um/fsu/uw as unbeaten conf champs.

Texas as 1 loss big 12 who beat bama.
Absolutely. If Bama wins and no other upsets, the SEC is out of the CFP.

Georgia is pretty much out if they lose (only chance would would be if every CCG is an upset)

Absolutely. If Bama wins and no other upsets, the SEC is out of the CFP.
People honestly think the committee is going to leave out the SEC?
I don't understand people believe Georgia even needs to beat Bama to get in. The committee has made it clear what they think of Georgia.

Reactions: hoflane
Alabama beats Georgia
Michigan beats Iowa
Texas beat OK State
Washington beats Oregon
FSU beats Louisville

1. Michigan
2. Bama (they'll say they're no longer comparable to Texas)
3. Washington
4. Georgia

5. FSU (SOS and Travis being out)
6. Ohio State
7. Texas
8. Oregon

And Ohio State might be 5. If Ohio State is ahead of FSU on Tuesday then FSU is out regardless of what they do

Would be an interesting scenario: FSU loses, all other favorites win. Matchups are…

Georgia vs Texas
Michigan vs Washington

I.e two future SEC conference mates playing, two future Big Ten mates playing.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I saw a projection lastnight with PSU playing Oregon in the Fiesta bowl. Hmmm...
Is there some sort of draft order for the non CFP New Years Six bowls? I feel like there used to be but I guess now they just assign they based on good matchups or something (ignoring conference tie ins)

If 1-loss SEC champ Alabama is left out of the playoff, the SEC states may secede from the U.S.
Oh there will be a huge outcry but that’s the clear outcome if Bama wins and the favorites win all the others. The Committee isn’t going to leave out an undefeated P5 conference champ and you have to take Texas over Bama given the head to head (in Tuscaloosa in fact).

Oh there will be a huge outcry but that’s the clear outcome if Bama wins and the favorites win all the others. The Committee isn’t going to leave out an undefeated P5 conference champ and you have to take Texas over Bama given the head to head (in Tuscaloosa in fact).
It may get us into the playoff. They’ll extend it to 12 immediately this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1AA and doctornick
It may get us into the playoff. They’ll extend it to 12 immediately this year.
Oh there will be complaints, but it would be so much worse if they left out an undefeated team - one that beat two SEC teams in fact - or ignored head to head for two 1 loss teams. It’s surprising but it is really about the perfect scenario to shut the SEC out.

That said, don’t think it will happen as I expect Georgia to clobber Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT