ADVERTISEMENT

Can Bret Bielema's Illinois 'D' slow down PSU offense? Can Manny Diaz's crew handle a dual-treat QB?

NC2017

Apr 21, 2015
In the latest edition of, "Two men Living in a Dumpster", PennLive's David Jones and Bob Flounders analyze Saturday's Penn State-Illinois matchup in Champaign. James Franklin's Nittany Lions are two-touchdown favorites, and the Illini were roughed up by Kansas last week. Is this a trap game for PSU, or are the Lions simply too talented?

And yes, Jones & Flounders continue their custom of never wearing Penn State gear, despite covering the program for Penn Live. Flounders is seen sporting a Bear Bryant golf visor, while Jones appears to have found a Pepperdine T-Shirt.

hq720.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gitzit
The Boyz Don't do Penn State Gear. Ever.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
In the latest edition of, "Two men in a Dumpster", PennLive's David Jones and Bob Flounders analyze Saturday's Penn State-Illinois matchup in Champaign. James Franklin's Nittany Lions are two-touchdown favorites, and the Illini were roughed up by Kansas last week. Is this a trap game for PSU, or are the Lions simply too talented?

And yes, Jones & Flounders continue their custom of never wearing Penn State gear, despite covering the program for Penn Live. Flounders is seen sporting a Bear Bryant golf visor, while Jones appears to have found a Pepperdine T-Shirt.

These guys look really sad that Illinois is down……

Don't know if the D is ready for a dual treat QB. I heard they can be tricky.

Don't give these clowns a click.
They are horrible. Ev we n worse than the times I’ve seen them on the Nitwits show.

Where have they been on Kansas and the QB? KU was 5-0 last year with TCU and Gameday coming to town. KU played right with them even when QB1 went down. QB2 (Bean) has some talent but unfortunately missed a big play at the end of that TCU game.

Jones really changed his tune regarding Illinois from the week before. In last week’s clip you would have thought he was talking about Alabama being coached by Bear Bryant instead of Illinois. He was so high on Bielama and the Illinois QB, it seemed like PSU should be a 20 point underdog. That’s a big turnaround in a week.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
ILL is averaging 28 pts per game. They have a dual threat QB who is better than the WVa QB. I think they'll score a TD before garbage time.

PSU 41
ILL 17

Probably right, but I don't think Illinois has as good of a back as Donaldson. Their stats vs weaker teams than us show a similar scenario to our game vs WVU: half their rushing yards (or more, in Kansas' case) are by their QB. If they were 2-0 and blowing people out, I'd be concerned.

1-1, essentially blown out by Kansas and had to kick a FG late vs Toledo says to me that they will test us running, but with lesser success than WVU UNLESS they get blown plays early.

No guess on the score, but the 17 could be accurate for them. If they can't cover, look out.

In the latest edition of, "Two men Living in a Dumpster", PennLive's David Jones and Bob Flounders analyze Saturday's Penn State-Illinois matchup in Champaign. James Franklin's Nittany Lions are two-touchdown favorites, and the Illini were roughed up by Kansas last week. Is this a trap game for PSU, or are the Lions simply too talented?

hq720.jpg
Two coc|< suc|<ers. Useless as tits on a boar

hq720.jpg

Nobody's defense could slow down these two slobs at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

These guys have made it their life's mission to shit on PSU with every breath in their bodies. It's boring, predictable, and useless. When PS wins a good one they laugh and mock. Whoa?! What happened here??? Wow. Terrible game from (opponent).

When PS loses it's like Christmas morning to these two. I don't understand it. There is not a D1 program in the country who has beat writers who despise the school that much. They're trolling us. The only time I read or see anything from them is if somebody posts it here. Eventually you get to a point where you can write their story yourself and they become more irrelevant than they already were.

Most big time programs would not put up with guys like this on the beat and would pressure the school to have them blackballed but that never happens here. We kiss their ass. Why?

These guys have made it their life's mission to shit on PSU with every breath in their bodies. It's boring, predictable, and useless. When PS wins a good one they laugh and mock. Whoa?! What happened here??? Wow. Terrible game from (opponent).

When PS loses it's like Christmas morning to these two. I don't understand it. There is not a D1 program in the country who has beat writers who despise the school that much. They're trolling us. The only time I read or see anything from them is if somebody posts it here. Eventually you get to a point where you can write their story yourself and they become more irrelevant than they already were.

Most big time programs would not put up with guys like this on the beat and would pressure the school to have them blackballed but that never happens here. We kiss their ass. Why?
This!

One of the very few areas where I will agree with Rutgers posters, the RU beat guys for the Newark Star Ledger are tougher on Rutgers than those two are on us. They are outwardly antagonistic.

One of the very few areas where I will agree with Rutgers posters, the RU beat guys for the Newark Star Ledger are tougher on Rutgers than those two are on us. They are outwardly antagonistic.

Rutgers has, like, 4 winning seasons in the past 372 years though. Hard to be a homer under those circumstances... 🤣

Fish stank’s hate goes way back to the old Easton Express. He picked Penn State to lose every week. He is a true scum bag.

I watch every week really don't see that.They are opinion reporters not cheerleaders. Why do people get upset that they have different opinions of a football team?
I've got no real problem with Flounders who typically has stuck to football. But Jones is a complete ass and has been for a long time. You can do your job without being an ass. Apparently, he can't. There seems to be this generation of reporters that thinks you have to be an ass to do your job. And, I have to say, he looks awful.

But they are cheerleaders. They cheerlead every team that plays Penn St. That's not objective and it is why they have zero credibility remaining.i
Ok if you say so. I see them giving credit when the team plays well. I also see them making observations about possible areas of concern run defense. Guys get paid to give their opinion. I respect a person who has an opinion watches PSU and Illinois and says I may have been wrong. Changing your opinion is not weakness it is being objective. I would much rather have that than some fan boy cheering for the lions non stop.

Ok if you say so. I see them giving credit when the team plays well. I also see them making observations about possible areas of concern run defense. Guys get paid to give their opinion. I respect a person who has an opinion watches PSU and Illinois and says I may have been wrong. Changing your opinion is not weakness it is being objective. I would much rather have that than some fan boy cheering for the lions non stop.
These are losers whose business model was to offend the home team to get clicks. Now they wonder why no one wants to read their drivel. Further, Jones is an Ohio State fanboy and I believe a graduate. His entire goals is to make PSU look as bad as possible. Don't give those clowns a second of your time.

I watch every week really don't see that.They are opinion reporters not cheerleaders. Why do people get upset that they have different opinions of a football team?
My first question is why do they always have to look like they just rolled out of bed? Also, they don’t have to be cheerleaders for PSU, but should they be cheerleaders for every other team? Jones has a shirt for every college in the country except Penn State. Your hometown paper and hometown beat writers should at least be supportive of the hometown team.

hq720.jpg
Double threat QB: keep your lanes; don't over run your pursuit.

My first question is why do they always have to look like they just rolled out of bed? Also, they don’t have to be cheerleaders for PSU, but should they be cheerleaders for every other team? Jones has a shirt for every college in the country except Penn State. Your hometown paper and hometown beat writers should at least be supportive of the hometown team.
This is their schtick and they ain"t changing.

Setting 1
Nothing to see here. PSU better have won this game and it means nothing.

Setting 2
I thought PSU would lose this game so surprised they could walk and chew gum at the same time and pull out the W. But don't get too excited.

Setting 3
I told you they would lose, PSU is overrated.

Reactions: bison13
This is not a case of guys trying to play fair. These guys are assassins. Jones destroyed the program in the wake of the scandal. He hated Paterno for 30 years. When PSU was good and vying for big things he openly rooted for failure. Go and read his articles if you like. I had a personal encounter with Jones and he was a complete troll. I was very open and engaging and he acted the fool. He despises Penn St, always and forever,. That's fine, many people do but he's supposed to be our mouthpiece. He's horrible.

This is their schtick and they ain"t changing.

Setting 1
Nothing to see here. PSU better have won this game and it means nothing.

Setting 2
I thought PSU would lose this game so surprised they could walk and chew gum at the same time and pull out the W. But don't get too excited.

Setting 3
I told you they would lose, PSU is overrated.
Sounds like some posters on here.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT