ADVERTISEMENT

Cael headlining York Wrestling Night 7/13

Thanks for the heads up El Jefe. I live in York and it's an after thought to go to the game. Rev's stadium and a very nice, clean minor league stadium. I've inquired on group ticket prices if anyone from the Wrestling Room would possibly like to go to the game and meet Cael. Always a fun experience as I met Cael and Cody at the 2011 National Championships and afterwards. Great conversations with both.

Why did I think you were from Philly?

JUBAN... we used to talk often about the Philadelphia Phillies... who I've watched or listened to since the Whitey Ashburn and Harry Kalas days. I wouldn't miss a game when Michael "Jack"Schimidt, Von Hayes, Gary Maddox, Steve Carlton, Tug McGraw and Bob Dernier played. You might have affiliated me with Philly JUBAN. Most likely as we both LOVE(D) Phillies baseball. Not so much the past three years.

Merely live 1 hr and 15 mins from Philly. Close enough to travel to the 2011 Wrestling National Championships by car every morning to work as a score keeper. And it wasn't like I could be late. Lol

I always hold Philly near and dear to me as I would take my girlfriend in college (Penn State) to Philly to the Philadelphia Zoo or Tower Theater for a concert. Or go to Club Egypt on Delaware Ave when it was open. Used to shop exclusively at the King of Prussia Mall. Just was in d-town Philly to get a new passport to go to Punta Cana in the DR. Love the wood oven pizza in downtown Philly also!!! The best... NYC aside.

JUBAN... we used to talk often about the Philadelphia Phillies... who I've watched or listened to since the Whitey Ashburn and Harry Kalas days. I wouldn't miss a game when Michael "Jack"Schimidt, Von Hayes, Gary Maddox, Steve Carlton, Tug McGraw and Bob Dernier played. You might have affiliated me with Philly JUBAN. Most likely as we both LOVE(D) Phillies baseball. Not so much the past three years.

Merely live 1 hr and 15 mins from Philly. Close enough to travel to the 2011 Wrestling National Championships by car every morning to work as a score keeper. And it wasn't like I could be late. Lol

I always hold Philly near and dear to me as I would take my girlfriend in college (Penn State) to Philly to the Philadelphia Zoo or Tower Theater for a concert. Or go to Club Egypt on Delaware Ave when it was open. Used to shop exclusively at the King of Prussia Mall. Just was in d-town Philly to get a new passport to go to Punta Cana in the DR. Love the wood oven pizza in downtown Philly also!!! The best... NYC aside.
I seriously doubt that many were (are) as devoted to the Phillies as myself. I will take the time to pat myself on my back as I feel that I held (hold) a record for traveling the farthest while holding season tickets for the Phils. Starting in the 70's , I traveled from, firstly, Homestead Florida, then San Antonio, Texas, Newport News, Virginia, and the winner (I think) would be from Mahon, Menorca (Balearic Islands, off the coast of Barcelona, Spain). I held 5 tickets for over 22 years until the Vet closed. When the Phils downsized from 65K to 45K, I wasn't guaranteed the same seats I had held for all those years, as well as now my 3 sons have all flown the coop.....so it's just me and my old lady. Now, it's easier to drive up to D.C. and catch a few games or once in a while return to Philly and catch a weekend game. But, like you, I have always been (and always will be) a diehard Phillies fan. I started in the 50's with Puddin Head Jones, Sparky Anderson, Chico Fernandez, Art Mahaffey, Harry "The Horse" Anderson, Ed Bouchee.. I could go on... Robin Roberts, Ted Kazansky, Richie "Whitey" Ashburn. I used to go to old Connie Mack with my father.....oh those hated Pirates in those days.

Talk about enjoying Philly. How about going to Fairmount Park, mid summer, and sitting and listening to Eugene Ormandy leading the Philly Symphony doing a Gershwin Concert in the Park. He would stop the orchestra mid-song when a train would pass by so everyone could hear the particular piece being played. Now that was spectacular!!! Or watching sculling races on the Schulkill (?) when Vespar used to rule the world (Olympic Champs).

You're right. I can't be confused with the youngster who claimed to be the Philly Phan. He can't touch me for the Phillies, or Big 5 Basketball, or the 76ers. I have scrap books of Big 5 BBall.....and even Dollar Bill Bradley when he played at Princeton. I proudly call Philly my home......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT