ADVERTISEMENT

Buc players helping ground crew. Rain started along with bad winds. The ground crew was having

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
trouble with the tarps blowing and one guy got caught up in them. McCutcheon & other players had to help to get the guy out.

trouble with the tarps blowing and one guy got caught up in them. McCutcheon & other players had to help to get the guy out.
I'm a Phillies' fan and I just have to say that McCutcheon is just about my favorite player in the game right now.

Reactions: fairgambit
I'm a Phillies' fan and I just have to say that McCutcheon is just about my favorite player in the game right now.
That's good to hear. I agree, he's my favorite player as well. I've talked to a couple of people that met him at events and they said he went out of his way to socialize with everyone. I remember a while back when he wasn't playing well and I saw an interview where he basically said he was being overpaid. That he was making a lot of money and was not giving the team their money's worth. It was refreshing.

Good guys and nice to see that. I remember a few years ago when a fan fell over the first base railing and was hurt enough to have to call the medical staff with a stretcher to take him to get medical attention. Pujols helped with lifting the stretcher into the ambulance. So glad he's in the American League he was such a Pirate killer and impressingly, the Cardinals never missed him.

If you rewatch that clip of the guy getting caught in the tarp, that thing drags that guy a good 20 feet in 2 seconds as well. Must've been quite a ride.

Good on Cutch and S-Rod who were standing by watching and rushed in to help.

Gotta love Cutch. I would love to see the Pirates go to him and offer to renegotiate his current contract to lock him up for a few more years. Offer him a raise now to get him to add about three years to the length of the contract. That would then make him about 35. If he wants to wait it out to get top dollar when this contract is up after 2018, the Pirates will probably have to let him walk. I really think he would be open to a renegotiation if the Pirates approach him.

Reactions: fairgambit
Gotta love Cutch. I would love to see the Pirates go to him and offer to renegotiate his current contract to lock him up for a few more years. Offer him a raise now to get him to add about three years to the length of the contract. That would then make him about 35. If he wants to wait it out to get top dollar when this contract is up after 2018, the Pirates will probably have to let him walk. I really think he would be open to a renegotiation if the Pirates approach him.
Agree. I love the guy, but then I love em' all this year.:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT